It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Stopped Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I would like to share an experience I had as a child. I have actually seen UFO's on multiple occasions in my life, around 4. The one I would specifically like to talk about was my first. The rest were during my adult life. Interestingly, the ones I have seen as an adult were, visually speaking, much more extravagent, or unusual. The one I saw as a child was more ship-like, like a physical object, whereas the ones I have seen as an adult have seemed to be literally energetic objects, not at all like a normal physical object.

Nonetheless, the first experience had something else amazing go along with it, which makes it the most interesting story. I was leaving my grandparents' house with my brother, driving down their long driveway. We were talking, and I was in the middle of a sentence when suddenly this 'ship' flew incredibly fast through the sky on my left. It came out of nowhere, zipped through the sky, and in probably a fraction of a second came to a stop in the sky directly above me. Now as this ship came, I was in the middle of a word, but I came to a stop mid-word as the UFO was there. What's more, everything came to a stop. Everything, including the truck, just completely stuck still. Time had stopped. The UFO, however, continued rotating in the sky. There were various lights flashing on it. I cannot recall too many details about what the ship looked like, but in trying to remember I recall a somewhat typical 'flying saucer' shape, with something resembling a solar panel, or reflector.

Time remained paused for what I recall as feeling something like 15 seconds, and then a large flash of light flashed from it, something like the flash of a picture. With that, it took off as fast as it came, to the right. When it left, I without effort finished my sentence, picking up in the middle of the word I had been saying before the UFO. After my sentence, I excitedly asked if my brother had seen the UFO. I assumed he had, since it was clearly visible in the sky right above us, but he said he had not.

So yes, I just thought this would be an interesting story to share, and maybe get some thoughts on. I am curious if others have heard of or experienced this phenomena of time stopping in the presence of a UFO.
edit on 14-5-2013 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

Time stops during a kiss too. So your claim is subjective. I do think they have an ability to jump time in some way.

Because of their ability to suddenly change direction. In the real world at those speeds this would squash anything. Like when you say it stopped "suddenly". I saw one do an abrupt turn at fantastic speed. I think they have the ability to jump a bit to the new angle to avoid all the terrible effects of inertia.

From now-- this direction>>> to now, this direction. Just a tiny time jump ahead to a new direction. Problem with jumping too far is that everything else is upset by the displacement. Since the earth is moving at thousands of miles an hour, even the tinniest jump forward in time would put you miles away where the earth will be, then. See?

So to stop time you would literally have to stop the entire Universe and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Wow, when I was four I hunted dinosaurs in my back yard.

I was four....!!!

I hunted dinosaurs in my backyard....!!!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
How do you know time stopped?

Did everything stop ? Were the branches on trees swinging? was the wind blowing?

If the time stopped for 15 seconds...you would have never been aware of that.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Did everything stop ? Were the branches on trees swinging? was the wind blowing?

We were driving, and the truck stopped. I was in the middle of a word, and I stopped. Nothing was happening. After the UFO left, everything continued as it had been before, as if nothing happened. Of course, time stopping and 15 seconds passing are contradictory, which is why I said what felt like 15 seconds. Just to give an indication of what the experience actually felt like. The actual mechanisms behind how it can 'feel like time stopped,' with the awareness of this happening seemingly necessitating the passage of time, I do not know. It felt like approximately that much 'time,' just as a reference to explain what the experience was like.

You could never actually be aware of time stopping unless you 'felt' some sort of 'time' while reality 'stopped.' If time had just been stopped, and no pseudo-time had passed during which you were aware of it, how could you ever know it happened?
edit on 14-5-2013 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Were you paralised? unable to move?

Perhaps you were just dazed by the scene...?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Time effectively stopped the material events that were happening. However, your "perception" continued to record the event, or you could say lack of event. Your on to something. I won't tell you exactly what, just remember that there is an interfacing between the physical reality and consciousness.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Why do you always post about what you had 10-20-30-50 years ago? Why not just describe or write it down as old fashioned as it is on some diary, the day you experienced it? Pretty sure you don't have that good memory.
edit on 14-5-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Perhaps I have a deficiency in what it was like to be a four-year-old. However, I firmly believe that you could not be four-years-old and remember precisely being in the middle of uttering a word and having it stopped because a UFO appeared to hover in front of you and stop time.

If the phenomena was so complete that it stopped you talking and the movement of the truck, how would you know that there was a lapse of about fifteen seconds or any at all? .Did your mind continue working? When time started again how would you know that it had "stopped?" Perhaps you need to clarify your statement.

As I frequently qualify to avoid being called a non-believer, I'm a UFO abductee.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
Why do you always post about what you had 10-20-30-50 years ago? Why not just describe or write it down as old fashioned as it is on some diary, the day you experienced it? Pretty sure you don't have that good memory.
edit on 14-5-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

What four year old is going to run home to write down his/her experience on a diary? The poster was four when he/she saw the UFO, not 14.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Ah, I now see where people are getting the idea that I was four...what I meant is that I have seen around 4 UFO's. I was probably around 9-10 when the experience described in OP happened.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Oh, Yes he would!!

I have experienced the same thing, OP.
You will never be able to describe what this is like to someone who hasn't experienced it for themselves; there is nothing for the person to compare it to, so it makes no sense to them.

When I was 18 I had an experience where time stopped while witnessing an UFO.
Here is the story I have in my paranormal thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My close encounter was when I was coming home one night after working second shift. I came to this fast food restaurant and remember looking at my watch to see if I had time to go through the drive-through before they closed. It was 10:40 p.m., and they closed at 11:00 p.m. So I pulled into the drive-through lane with 3 cars ahead of me and another behind me.

Once I placed my order, I pulled up with 2 cars still ahead of me at the serving window. Then I saw something flashing in the sky. I kept watching it, and it got closer, and closer. It was flashing orange/red and green lights. As it approached even closer I could see it was oblong-shaped like a cigar, and flipping end over end. One end had the orange/red light glowing from it, and the other end had the green light. This object made absolutely no noise at all!

As it approached just above the tree tops across the road, it stopped flipping and just glided through the air. It came down extremely low, just over the top of the building, and shot down a bright beam of light that went right beside my car in the parking lot!

I noticed no one else seemed to be looking at it, so I stuck my head all the way out my window and hollered at the car behind me, "What the hell is that thing?!!" I was so scared I was shaking!
No one answered. Actually, no one was moving at all! It was like they were statues, suspended in time.

After the light beam passed by my car it started slowly flipping again, and then took off into the sky, and was gone in the blink of an eye!

The strange thing that confused me most about this encounter was the fact I lost 20 minutes from the time I saw the UFO until it took off again, which only seemed like maybe 2 or 3 minutes, and the fact that no one else seemed to even notice it. And once it left, people resumed their activities as if nothing had happened.

I still haven't figured this out, but I've heard of others losing time when they saw UFOs; it turned out they were abducted! I won't go that far, but if I was, I don't want to remember it!

I hope my experience helps you know you aren't alone, OP. S&F on your thread for coming forward!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'm an abductee and have experienced bi-locating in time. There are a lot of things we don't understand, even after having experienced them.

There's a lot of people that do not believe the universal mind is real, but once you've became conscious of it/merged with it there is no going back.

Don't worry if others don't believe you, some of us know it to be true.

Rich

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

What we consider the laws of physics don't seem to apply when it comes to UFO's. I see no reason why it should apply considering our lack of any knowledge other than what we have invented through our own trial and error observations etc. There is just so much we don't know or understand in the universe that to automatically assume our perceived physics apply to everything we may experience is rather absurd. If we look at this stuff based on our own science I doubt we will ever get any further than the human ego will allow.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Oh, Yes he would!!

You will never be able to describe what this is like to someone who hasn't experienced it for themselves; there is nothing for the person to compare it to, so it makes no sense to them.

My close encounter was when I was coming home one night after working second shift. I came to this fast food restaurant and remember looking at my watch to see if I had time to go through the drive-through before they closed. It was 10:40 p.m., and they closed at 11:00 p.m. So I pulled into the drive-through lane with 3 cars ahead of me and another behind me.

Once I placed my order, I pulled up with 2 cars still ahead of me at the serving window. Then I saw something flashing in the sky. I kept watching it, and it got closer, and closer. It was flashing orange/red and green lights. As it approached even closer I could see it was oblong-shaped like a cigar, and flipping end over end. One end had the orange/red light glowing from it, and the other end had the green light. This object made absolutely no noise at all!

As it approached just above the tree tops across the road, it stopped flipping and just glided through the air. It came down extremely low, just over the top of the building, and shot down a bright beam of light that went right beside my car in the parking lot!

I noticed no one else seemed to be looking at it, so I stuck my head all the way out my window and hollered at the car behind me, "What the hell is that thing?!!" I was so scared I was shaking!
No one answered. Actually, no one was moving at all! It was like they were statues, suspended in time.

After the light beam passed by my car it started slowly flipping again, and then took off into the sky, and was gone in the blink of an eye!

The strange thing that confused me most about this encounter was the fact I lost 20 minutes from the time I saw the UFO until it took off again, which only seemed like maybe 2 or 3 minutes, and the fact that no one else seemed to even notice it. And once it left, people resumed their activities as if nothing had happened.

I still haven't figured this out, but I've heard of others losing time when they saw UFOs; it turned out they were abducted! I won't go that far, but if I was, I don't want to remember it!

I hope my experience helps you know you aren't alone, OP. S&F on your thread for coming forward!

So I guess the restaurant closed before you could put in your order?

To the OP...how could you remember being mid-word yet not remember what the "ship" looked like exactly?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Originally posted by sled735

Oh, Yes he would!!

So I guess the restaurant closed before you could put in your order?

To the OP...how could you remember being mid-word yet not remember what the "ship" looked like exactly?

Being mid-word and them starting up again after it left was one of the most memorable parts of it...a detail I took particular notice of...not like I remember what word I was saying. I wish I could remember more details. I tried to remember it the other day, but the flying-saucer shape and the solar panel/reflector looking thing were the only details I could remember.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

You may find this interesting:

Six year old girl shares vision/dream?
www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=947723
by grayeagle
started on 5/16/2013 @ 02:31 PM

The OP:

Originally posted by grayeagle
Yesterday, I was sitting on my front porch in Boise, Idaho, visiting with neighbors, when my neighbor's little six year old girl plopped herself up into a chair next to me. Her mother and another neighbor moved off down the sidewalk out of earshot. She then asked me how long I was going to live in my house. I told her I had no plans to move. She then told me that she saw what happened to my house. She said she saw it shaking so hard I couldn't get back inside. I asked her if she had seen it in a dream and she adamantly said no. She said she actually saw it, not dreamed it. Then she told me that she saw everything stop dead in its tracks. She then got out of her chair and demonstrated that people froze for a moment in stride. She said she saw everything stop, cars, people, and pets. She speaks of it as if it has already happened. She is a very intelligent and articulate little girl.

I don't quite know what to think of it. Did she see a hiccup in the space/time continuum? Is she seeing/dreaming a future event? Boise is located 439 mi from Yellowstone and would certainly be impacted if Yellowstone erupted or if there was a large earthquake.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Candycab

What we consider the laws of physics don't seem to apply when it comes to UFO's

Don't seem to apply? Certain constants exist anywhere you go. The speed of light, gravity or time for example (keeping it simple). I think it would be more accurate to say that we don't understand how they have overcome them.

There is just so much we don't know or understand in the universe that to automatically assume our perceived physics apply to everything we may experience is rather absurd. If we look at this stuff based on our own science I doubt we will ever get any further than the human ego will allow.

But its okay for you to presume that I don't agree with that.

new topics

top topics

join