It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bradley Manning - The First Useful Idiot of the Revolution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Don't even go there man...that word is starting to choke me real bad. It's sick patriotism that made that thing happen in the first place. All those soldiers that did this and kept silent, obeying orders, thumping their chests...because they are patriots. Defenders of the freedoms. Makes me puke...

that isn't patriotism, that's a perversion of patriotism.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
There is no question that the government used him as an example for others, so that they would be discouraged from doing the same.

IMO the term 'idiot' does not apply to Manning. Certainly 'pawn', as in chess, would be appropriate, but not idiot.

What inspired Manning to act and release the material was his conscience, a rare commodity in the Pentagon. That is also what inspired Daniel Ellsberg to release the Pentagon papers all those years ago.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Bradly is going to have some kind of Karma going for him in his next life, everyone gets to look back and see what they did or didn't do after they pass on, this life is just a blip in the many we have in this University for the soul. Wish we had more BMs in the world, then maybe we wouldn't still be killing each other over greed/ power/stupidity.
edit on 18-5-2013 by Reevster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
That seems to be about right. Those individuals do what they want and enjoy the luxury of having all the men and women who believe in them continue what they have set in motion. Since most individuals are intelligent you would tend believe what they say. unless it is contrary to truth. Bradley Manning have no idea who he is, haven't heard of him before. But I would think his handelers were watching.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join