It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Places on earth not roamed yet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Why can't we explore them...the bottom of the oceans for an example. We can conquer the problems of space and compression/decompression problems, but we can't conquer the problems of deep water...seems odd to me!

It is not a matter of why not, but why?

Some of the places are very deep and very dangerous. We can do if we really wanted to, but where is the incentive?

And who is to fund for theses missions? If we have a high profile case, where a famous ship sinks to the deepest point, then we will have funding.
But now, no one really cares.

Surf

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Originally posted by LadyV
Why can't we explore them...the bottom of the oceans for an example. We can conquer the problems of space and compression/decompression problems, but we can't conquer the problems of deep water...seems odd to me!

It is not a matter of why not, but why?

Some of the places are very deep and very dangerous. We can do if we really wanted to, but where is the incentive?

And who is to fund for theses missions? If we have a high profile case, where a famous ship sinks to the deepest point, then we will have funding.
But now, no one really cares.

Surf

Aswell as the intense pressure.That is what mainly keeps us from exploring the depths

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Technical
Aswell as the intense pressure.That is what mainly keeps us from exploring the depths

You mean water pressure under water as we descend to higher depths?

I don't think so. We can have robots do the work for us, not only that we have suits that can withstand lot of pressure, yeah there is a cut off line, but that is line is very very low.

Surf

E_T

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
I don't think so. We can have robots do the work for us, not only that we have suits that can withstand lot of pressure...

Which can withstand pressure to only about depth of half kilometer...
When mean depth of oceans is on better side of three kilometers.
Amount of submersibles capable to those depths is very limited.

So like I said, don't overestimate capabilities of mankind, althought western world really seems to joy about this "advertising" of technology but we're still just in beginning.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I wanted to add to this discussion, because as most of you know we live on the earths crust.......and how thick is this crust???? Ive heard estimates of between 40-60km..........just think what could be surving, existing and living under our feet in caves or other pockets of the underground.

I say this because about 5yrs ago a few biologists and caving experts found life in many caves which had no access to any sunlight for any kind of life to gather the enrgy to live.....but life was found there nonetheless.....blind spiders and algea that doesnt photosynthesise to produce energy.........we have barely touched the surface of this world, and theres no telling what could be under our feet as well as in the oceans.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by radiant_obsidian
I wanted to add to this discussion, because as most of you know we live on the earths crust.......and how thick is this crust???? Ive heard estimates of between 40-60km..........just think what could be surving, existing and living under our feet in caves or other pockets of the underground.

I say this because about 5yrs ago a few biologists and caving experts found life in many caves which had no access to any sunlight for any kind of life to gather the enrgy to live.....but life was found there nonetheless.....blind spiders and algea that doesnt photosynthesise to produce energy.........we have barely touched the surface of this world, and theres no telling what could be under our feet as well as in the oceans.

Good point hard to say what is under us.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq
I agree. I believe there are parts of Washinton and Oregon that humans have had little or no travel in.

Very true. The Olympic mountains in Washington state have many places that have not been explored.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I have read reports that less than 20% of the earth has been explored or seen the footprints of Humans.

ever fly across a continent? there are expanses so vast with absolutely nothing in them. and that is only what you are seeing.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
In March of next year i am involved with a research team going there to make a documentry and will share my finds with you on ATS,in the following years the same team i am involved with will be exploring other similar islands around the globe,many of which do not have human life on them.

I hope your research team finds a lot of valuable info.
I'm sure many of us at ATS look forward to your reports.
Bon voyage!

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Alaska, the great frontier. There are parts of even the most populated country in the world, China, that have been untouched by man, though maybe not within a few thousand years. Congo region comes to mind as does Russia. There are still tribes in the Amazon going through their stoneage without any awarness to the outside world. Imagine that: Having lived to the age of 25 deep within the Amazon only to one day find whitemen strolling through your territory and being exposed to such technology. Imagine what it would be like to visit a city like New York after such an existence.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Q
laces on earth not roamed yet? A:Australia thats the reason we dont let Italians come here,they`ll take over everything

Sorry just amussing myself,yes i do think there are large areas of middle Australia not Romed(LOL) yet

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I hope your research team finds a lot of valuable info.

thanks,im sure it will......a lot of the project will be televised so youll all be able to see it....also i personally am putting plans in for webcams aboard the research ships so the world will be able to see what is happening "real time"...your not going to have to wait months to find out whats gone on!

Regards!

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by radiant_obsidian

I saw a documentary show on this...they were probing caves and tunnels and found all sorts of insect life and also they found crocodiles using the caves and tunnels...it was pretty amazing actually

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Two places come into my mind, one being mentioned by another poster, Alaska. Here in Alaska we have much unexplored territory. Very empty and remote places, that have not been spoiled by humans, abound in my state.
The second is jungle canopies, of which we have just begun to explore over the last 10 years. The canopies support entire eco systems that are entirely different from the ground beneath them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join