It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan pyramid in Belize bulldozed and stones used for roads.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

This one makes me ill.

BELIZE CITY (AP) -- A construction company has essentially destroyed one of Belize's largest Mayan pyramids with backhoes and bulldozers to extract rock for a road-building project.

Pics with this article.

mbtimetraveler.com...
edit on 13-5-2013 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
You're telling me that their government or local governments are so broke that they determined destroying something that actually attracts money, just to lay down a road. Now, I'm no logistics major, but I just can't imagine that what they are planning to build from these ruins is significant enough to outweigh the significance of the structure in the first place. Seriously, are they building ancient Rome style roads here? lol

Someone introduce them to the 21st century please.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
To mods

Delete plzz

Thank u
edit on 13-5-2013 by Dyax- because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I wish the source had more info about the construction company and what the government plans on doing about it

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Thread already exists here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Thread already exists here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and rapidly being trolled into non-existence by the vandals involved from the looks of it

if that should be the case i'll just post this quote pointing out the guilty parties

Originally posted by LeLeu
It is now being reported that the company responsible is D-Mar Construction, a company owned by the UDP politician Denny Grijalva. So a politician is profiting from the destruction of his own countries heritage.
Well at least we know where to send the hate mail

www.ctv3belizenews.com...
edit on 13-5-2013 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It is allowed to have a thread in a related forum even though one is in Breaking Alternative News. The BAN forum is an exception to the rule.
edit on 5/13/2013 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The "GODS" are angry!

WTH is wrong with people? This pisses me off to no end.

The construction company can't find rock anywhere else in Belize? Are people really such insensitive money hungry lazy slobs?

I pity those people.

edit on 14-5-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2013 by billy565 because: I can't spell.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
No, this is horrible

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This is disgusting

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Heads should roll

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

It is amazing that these things can survive for so long, even if they are esentially stacks of rock. The manual labor involved to make any of these ancient pyramids is something that is inconcievable. Most of these probably took several decades to build. To take a CAT and destory it with the pull of a hydraulic lever is criminal. It also makes the construction crew look like the most lazy people ever when you compare them with the people who created this pyramid.

These places are of great historical significance and are irreplaceable. Road fill can be found pretty much anywhere. I don't know what these guys could have been thinking.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernForkway26

It is amazing that these things can survive for so long, even if they are esentially stacks of rock. The manual labor involved to make any of these ancient pyramids is something that is inconcievable. Most of these probably took several decades to build. To take a CAT and destory it with the pull of a hydraulic lever is criminal. It also makes the construction crew look like the most lazy people ever when you compare them with the people who created this pyramid.

These places are of great historical significance and are irreplaceable. Road fill can be found pretty much anywhere. I don't know what these guys could have been thinking.

This is why we know so little about our ancient past.

Large ancient cities in the Indus Valley were completely destroyed for use as railroad bedding.

5,000 year old 2 story houses with running water and bathrooms, temples, monuments, all gone.

new topics

top topics

join