It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamagate, Much More Than Just Benghazigate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Are we starting to notice a trend here? Fast and Furious, Benghazigate, IRS intimidation and now phone tapping of the Associated press.

It seemed to me all along that Obama was "getting away with murder". Now all of a sudden all of these things are coming out. Do you think Obama had a hand in the IRS and AP scandal also? Are people finally realizing that Obama is becoming too dangerous? Will we be seeing more in the near future?

I am not all that into conspiracies, but all along it seemed like Obama could do anything he liked and was untouchable. I am usually a good judge of people and this alarmed me.

Please help me keep this thread updated as more information comes out on the above and any new items of importance.
edit on Mon May 13 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: title change per OP request

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Its doubtful Obama had direct knowledge of any of those events.

Presidents usually issue broad directives and let their people figure out the details. Remember that Nixon knew nothing about Watergate until it broke and was only guilty of covering it up afterwards.

The actual break-in was done without his knowledge.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Presidents usually issue broad directives and let their people figure out the details. Remember that Nixon knew nothing about Watergate until it broke and was only guilty of covering it up afterwards.

Oh but he did,

Hell according to most people on here, Obama is the reason Jesus was crucified

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Of interest in the updated article, about 15 minutes ago, was the claim that the DOJ
didn't directly eavesdrop on any of the phone calls.
Why would I have a hard time believing that?

news.yahoo.com...

pround to give you your first bump... I hope this thread remains autonomous
enough to climb by itself, it really should. If those clowns on Pennsylvania Ave
can effectively stifle THIS story, then the media are indeed a useless jellyfish.
edit on 13-5-2013 by derfreebie because: url cluged, sorry

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

No you are wrong there. Nixon was aware of the break-in and was covering it up before it even happened. And actually, have you forgotten about Nixons very own tape recordings?

Anyways, I wonder if Obama has his own, "Whitehouse Plumbers".

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

No you are wrong there. Nixon was aware of the break-in and was covering it up before it even happened. And actually, have you forgotten about Nixons very own tape recordings?

Nixon knew nothing about the break-in and that's just a matter of record. The only thing on the tapes was his directives telling people what to do after it had happened.

If you don't believe me simply look up what the Senate was going to charge him with before he resigned. It had nothing to do with a criminal break-in.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Obama didn't know about the IRS thing, and when he heard of it he got a team on it immediately and some heads will be rolling soon. The head of the IRS should be checking out his retirement plan. Yes, I'm taking Obama's word on this. Maybe someone in the White House knew, maybe not, but they would have kept it from the top.

I knew Watergate. Watergate was a friend of mine. And Senator, this is no Watergate.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Oh but he did,

Hell according to most people on here, Obama is the reason Jesus was crucified

I'm going to forget briefly about that guy that lost his sandals, and stick with the
thread, Muse. Whether Obama knew or not is irrelevant: it's on his watch. And if
something this big is getting done to one of his three biggest mouthpieces-- and
nobody in the command chain is giving him a morning 10 second blurb at the daily,
HE'S BEING BLINDSIDED. Transparency's a bitch when if fails in both directions.
How hard is it:"Hey Chief, we stuck a hose into AP's phonemail and have been
listing the troublemakers for you. Wanna bagel?"

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I really think that the whistleblowers are going to be emerging and shedding light on the Obama administration.

It's his second term, he has nothing more to offer his synchophants, . . . lame duck doesn't even describe it.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I'm going to star this question later, but those plumbers are probably tailors
now. Since every circuit in the country is being tapped by a front company
for the M-word, nothing could surprise me about this one being possible.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Nixon knew nothing about the break-in and that's just a matter of record. The only thing on the tapes was his directives telling people what to do after it had happened.

If you don't believe me simply look up what the Senate was going to charge him with before he resigned. It had nothing to do with a criminal break-in.

You are correct that it wasn't proven that Nixon was aware, and it is just my own opinion that he was. It was just a matter of what could be proven or not. And the same thing will happen to Obama. What can they prove? Obviously he wouldn't be stupid enough to record himself, so this will be extremely difficult to do. Unless enough whistle blowers can come forward. Now who would those whistle blowers be talking to? Oh yeah, the AP!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
People might be surprised to learn that presidents do not really have that much control. They are very often kept out of the loop of day to day activities.

Most of these agencies are run by lifers who outlast whoever currently is president so their loyalty is to their agency, not any particular administration. Because of this, many things happen without the Presidents knowledge.

He is ultimately responsible because he is the head of the executive branch but there is no way he can keep track of everything the people under him are doing. There are thousands of employees that he is the boss of.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

People might be surprised to learn that presidents do not really have that much control. They are very often kept out of the loop of day to day activities.

Most of these agencies are run by lifers who outlast whoever currently is president so their loyalty is to their agency, not any particular administration. Because of this, many things happen without the Presidents knowledge.

He is ultimately responsible because he is the head of the executive branch but there is no way he can keep track of everything the people under him are doing. There are thousands of employees that he is the boss of.

If Obama has a purpose for disposable, "lifers", you can bet he will keep track of them. Disposable meaning that they will take the fall. I really have a strong feeling that we will be seeing whistle blowers aka "lifers" out of the wazoo in the near future.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by elouina

I really think that the whistleblowers are going to be emerging and shedding light on the Obama administration.

It's his second term, he has nothing more to offer his synchophants, . . . lame duck doesn't even describe it.

The next move on the chess board may be for the King to back off the edge of the
table and into the Bit Pit. Amen, oh durable fur-- it's a Heavily Hobbled Hedgehog
term now.

Animal maybe said it best in "FMJ":
"Last time I checked, you're fresh out of friends." And I'd sure hate to live there.

EDIT: UPDATE: Especially telling on the subject of motive from the 18:50 update:

William Miller, a spokesman for Machen, said Monday that in general the U.S. attorney follows "all applicable laws, federal regulations and Department of Justice policies when issuing subpoenas for phone records of media organizations." But he would not address questions about the specifics of the AP records. "We do not comment on ongoing criminal investigations," Miller said in an email.

If this whole clusterjob is 1.) about Benghazi, 2.) an IED or other device(s) being
tipped off as soon to be used, and most of all 3.) SOURCE...
It was already agreed behind the curtain that AP would not compromise National
Obscurity until the threat(s) were properly recognized and alleviated. THEN AP
could go ahead and publish. This is rote, so I could only imagine whether or not
4.) If this newsgathering turned out to reveal culpability somewhere other than the
Administration's trumpetoid, let's criminalize the whistleblower. Nice ad hom.
The fabric of the whore's burnoose is becoming quite visibly threadbare lately...
and as more and more of the story comes together I reach for a pair of Ibuprofin.

Finally to really get the whiskers a twitchin' consider the remote possibility that
'the DOJ does not comment on an investigation being more effectively conducted
by the media than we can-- especially since they might correctly blow US out.'
edit on 13-5-2013 by derfreebie because: update to official story -- BABY

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Maybe I should throw in a nice juicy update now. It appears the IRS was also targeting nonprofit groups that criticized government and educated Americans on the constitution.

May I ask why any particular American working in the IRS would have it out for those groups? This seems more like something a communist country would embark on.

See what I mean?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Wow the updates are coming in too fast to keep up with. It appears that the IRS was sending copies of "Right" applications for non profit status to a "Left" news organization. ProPublica, a left-leaning investigative organization to be exact! WOWZA!
This is big, very big!

IRS sent unpublished info on conservative groups to investigative news outfit
edit on 13-5-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Wow the updates are coming in too fast to keep up with. It appears that the IRS was sending copies of "Right" applications for non profit status to a "Left" news organization. ProPublica, a left-leaning investigative organization to be exact! WOWZA!
This is big, very big!

If I may be allowed to try and dovetail this into the present OP, Elouina,
and save some Friskies... if I see somewhere in the next week some high-
up in the AP command structure get called out on an IRS audit I'm gonna
scream like the tail under the rocker lost the rythymn! Or go, ya-THINK?
This republic is getting taken apart and glued back together so wrong I
can't recognize it at all since I was a kid. It's a Mustang fighter gone balloon doggie.

EDIT: It also looks like even though the DOJ policy says that no seizure/investigation
of the press' records can go without a direct review by the AG, it was not even
clear whether Holder knew about the AP hose/hoser. How damned handy.
Better yet, it may also have happened without a subpoena, since it looks like
there wasn't a judge cited as signing off on one. < Insert Kenison here AAHHH! AHHHHH! >
And it looks like AP is done adjusting the rhetoric for right now. Avoid the aneurism...
edit on 13-5-2013 by derfreebie because: DOJ policy blurb...as if

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Obama was in the room , being briefed in real time about Benghazi.........FACT........

IRS intimidation, he stated before that if he could he would use them to to exactly that......so would it suprise me to find out he did know.......not a bit......

Fast and furious, not quite sure if he knew or not.....same thing with the other........

point is he lies so often and so much, and misdirects so often, that unless some thorough investigations are done........people arent going to know.......

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

This is big, very big!

I am quoting myself due to a revelation. Perhaps we are seeing first hand here how the Obama administration took control of the news outlets to win the election? Same goes with the IRS. Who knows the countless other ways they could have manipulated news reporting for the elections and other issues such as Benghazi. See how this all links together?

Speaking of the IRS, was this how all of Romney's tax returns were exposed (besides the ones he provided)? Ah ha!

Could we be setting precedent here and invalidating an entire election vs impeachment? Would this be possible to do? Perhaps we need to go back to day one?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Obama was in the room , being briefed in real time about Benghazi.........FACT........

IRS intimidation, he stated before that if he could he would use them to to exactly that......so would it suprise me to find out he did know.......not a bit......

Fast and furious, not quite sure if he knew or not.....same thing with the other........

point is he lies so often and so much, and misdirects so often, that unless some thorough investigations are done........people arent going to know.......

Great last points.
My only real fear in all of this is: if the agency that's run by the country's Top Cop
is the one that seems to need the heat lamps, who gets to investigate the
investigators? At this point we need another Ken Starr with a minigun and a cutlass.
edit on 13-5-2013 by derfreebie because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join