Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

If Republicans really cared about uncovering conspiracies.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This whole Benghazi politicizing and smear campaign is getting boring. I'm not sure if there's more that can be said about it, President Obama called it an act of terror and that is exactly what it was. It was not a false flag to invade Libya, and it was not masterminded by Obama and his cabinet despite what many of you might have read on some right wing blogs.

I'm not sure what Republicans are getting at by continuously coming up with conspiracy theories as to why Obama didn't authorize an intervention. This embassy was in the capital city of a Muslim country in the midst of a civil war. Things like this tend to happen in such regions. But if Republicans really cared about uncovering conspiracies and finding out the truth, then they shouldn't be so fixated on the Benghazi sideshow.

Instead they should be launching investigations and trying to find out why George Bush and his administration launched a misinformation campaign against Saddam Hussein in order to gain support for an invasion of Iraq. But I don't expect that to happen anytime soon because the very same congress men and women that are accusing the Obama administration of covering up the truth about the Benghazi attack, participated in the misinformation campaign to galvanize the American public to gain support for the Iraq invasion.

False pretenses

President George W. Bush and seven of his administration's top officials, including Vice President Dick Cheney, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, made at least 935 false statements in the two years following September 11, 2001, about the national security threat posed by Saddam Hussein's Iraq.

the Bush administration led the nation to war on the basis of erroneous information that it methodically propagated and that culminated in military action against Iraq on March 19, 2003. Not surprisingly, the officials with the most opportunities to make speeches, grant media interviews, and otherwise frame the public debate also made the most false statements, according to this first-ever analysis of the entire body of prewar rhetoric.

Following 9/11, President Bush and seven top officials of his administration waged a carefully orchestrated campaign of misinformation about Saddam Hussein's Iraq

I'm not saying that two wrongs make a right. I believe that Obama has made several questionable decisions since he has been President. But the way Republicans have gone after the Benghazi attack like a pack of wolves and at the same time let Bush and his administration off the hook about taking this nation to war under false pretenses, means only one thing.

politicizing

Issa: Obama Covered Up Benghazi Terrorism By Calling It An ‘Act Of Terror’

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
This whole Benghazi politicizing and smear campaign is getting boring.

I'm sure that the families of those left to die in the field don't find it 'boring' that the facts about the 'stand down' order, which left their members to die in the field, are now coming into the light.

Transparency .... it's what the O-bots voted for.
Well .. now they are getting it.
And what is becoming visible in his administration is really ugly.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Both parties need to take their collective heads out of their asses and remember why they are there.

Frankly it's all our fault for not reminding them that we the people are who they serve, things like 911 and Benghazi need to be open to the full scrutiny of we the people so that another mistake like Iraq do not happen.
edit on 13-5-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

This whole Benghazi politicizing and smear campaign is getting boring.

I'm sure that the families of those left to die in the field don't find it 'boring' that the facts about the 'stand down' order, which left their members to die in the field, are now coming into the light.

So you think it makes them feel any better when Republicans keep using those deaths as part of a smear campaign that will get them no where?

It was an act of terror. I'm not really sure what Republicans are trying to do.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Why does it have to be "republicans"?

Why can't it be just people who want to find out the truth?

Are progressives so blind by their ideology that they can only recognize what is told to them?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
While your question as to why Republicans (or Democrats for that matter) don't look into the lies that Bush made to get us into the Iraq conflict is a valid one...it isn't mutually exclusive to the crimes the Obama administration may or may not have committed in relation to Benghazi. Both of the parties act in their own self-interest and targeting Republicans over Democrats is disingenuous. There is evidence that those that died in Benghazi did request help (which was less than an hour away) and the Administration withheld it for whatever reason. If Americans died due to the negligence of this administration then I want answers regardless of partisan politics.
edit on 2013/5/13 by Metallicus because: Grammar

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Please, I'd like a list of what is becoming "visibly ugly" about the Obama administration - facts with sources. Or are you getting *your* talking points from right-wing blogs?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by muse7

Are progressives so blind by their ideology that they can only recognize what is told to them?

I think a lot of people have accepted this tragedy to be an act of terror, and I use republicans because they seem to be leading the charge to make this attack the worst attack in US history.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Pursuit of the truth = smear campaign.

Got it. Thanks so much!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

reply to post by muse7

I think a lot of people have accepted this tragedy to be an act of terror, and I use republicans because they seem to be leading the charge to make this attack the worst attack in US history.

No. They, like many, just want the truth. Obama, days, weeks, later still wouldn't admit that it was terrorism. He blamed the video.

He did it while on Letterman.
He did it in a 60 Minutes interview.
He did it when he was on The View.
He did it during a Univision interview.

etc.

Who gave the stand down orders?
It was observed by drones, why wasn't the story told then?

Was it just for political reasons?

Was the election more important than the lives of 4 men?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

reply to post by muse7

And what are you basing your outrage on?

I, for one, based on what I've read (yes, I suppose, based on "what was told to me"), think the truth lies somewhere in the middle of the two extremes we've heard. It's obvious there were missteps, otherwise the attack and resulting deaths wouldn't have happened, but I don't believe there's any grand conspiracy or cover-up as a large chunk of the right wants you to believe. The Atlantic actually has a pretty even-keeled assessment of where we're at with this whole mess - and I think it's the correct assessment:

There was tragic incompetence, plainly, in the Obama Administration's handling of the Benghazi attacks, and even possibly some political calculation. It is a record that may well come to haunt Hillary Clinton, the first Secretary of State to lose an ambassador in the field in more than three decades, if she runs for president in 2016.

But the obvious Republican effort to turn this inquiry into the Democratic (Obama) version of the Iraq intelligence scandal that has tarred the GOP since the George W. Bush years -- led by that least-credible of champions, the almost-always-wrong Darrell Issa -- is just not going to amount to much.

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I see Beezer, you are a thinker. We need people like that scrutinizing both sides of this stage show.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
DP. But seriously. I wonder if there are meetings where some Democrats and Republicans get together, think of all the unethical things they want to do, and then pick and choose until half is on one side and half on the other.
edit on 13-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)
edit on 13-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
reply to post by muse7

Got it. Thanks so much!

In this case it is nothing more than a smear campaign. I'm sorry they got you fooled

Where's the truth about why Bush really invaded Iraq? or does that not matter?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

reply to post by muse7

Got it. Thanks so much!

In this case it is nothing more than a smear campaign. I'm sorry they got you fooled

NOthing more huh? Tell me.......have you watched the Benghazi hearings ? Have you sat through and listened to them testify?

How about the testimonies made about them being pressured and bullied not to say anything? HuH?

I suppose the stuff that just came out abut the IRS is just a smear campaign too huh?

How bout Fast and Furious.........

Right..........

Seems to me that "the chickens have come home to roost"
edit on 13-5-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

reply to post by muse7

Got it. Thanks so much!

NOthing more huh? Tell me.......have you watched the Benghazi hearings ? Have you sat through and listened to them testify?

How about the testimonies made about them being pressured and bullied not to say anything? HuH?

I suppose the stuff that just came out abut the IRS is just a smear campaign too huh?

Right..........

Listen, I wouldn't be calling this a smear campaign had I seen Republicans go after the Iraq invasion like they go after the Benghazi attack and every action the Obama administration takes.

If the Republicans had launched hearings and investigations as to why Bush and his administration LIED to all of us to go to war against Iraq, that resulted in the deaths of millions of innocent victims and tens of thousands of US soldiers injured and killed, then I would not be calling this a smear campaign.
edit on 5/13/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosssssshhhhhh!!

This is really getting old...hell, why not investigate what FDR knew, and when he knew it with regards to the Pearl Harbor attack?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Perhaps if you were a member of this website when Bush was president, you'd know that we roasted him over an open fire everyday, for everything he did.

The truth about why Bush invaded Iraq, his family's ties the the Nazi's, his unconstitutional signing statements, the Patriot Act, the JWDAA, Valerie Plame, warrantless wiretapping, 2004 elections, Katrina etc, etc... was all discussed extensively and can be found using the search function here at ATS.

I know that isn't as fun or entertaining as MY TEAM IS BETTER THAN YOUR TEAM! So carry on, I suppose. Good luck with that!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Republicans don't care about uncovering conspiracies, hell IMO they're the source of the vast majority of them and they don't care about justice either. Their only focus is to continually portray Obama as some kind of Kenyan born tyrannical dictator who is out to destroy our constitution. Hell, if he had half the power they claim he has, we wouldn't be sitting around wondering why background checks got voted down in Congress.

One thing is for sure, they couldn't have a nuttier guy at the helm than good ole Darrel Issa. Talk about having a screw loose!

By the way, F&S for the OP! I couldn't agree with you more!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

reply to post by muse7

Got it. Thanks so much!

Right..........

Listen, I wouldn't be calling this a smear campaign had I seen Republicans go after the Iraq invasion like they go after the Benghazi attack and every action the Obama administration takes.

If the Republicans had launched hearings and investigations as to why Bush and his administration LIED to all of us to go to war against Iraq, that resulted in the deaths of millions of innocent victims and tens of thousands of US soldiers injured and killed, then I would not be calling this a smear campaign.
edit on 5/13/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

They didn't lie to us.

They were going off of the same information that the democrats and other nations all saw and agreed was relevant. They also gave Saddam plenty of time to comply with a UNITED world decision and he refused.

What is there to investigate?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join