It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Govt obtains wide AP phone records in probe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Freedom of speach belongs to people, not journalists or government employees.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

What are journalist and government employees if not the people?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thesungod

Journalist are owned by the Government. The Government is owned by Big Business. The people work for Big Business.

There are no voices anymore and if there is, it is silenced. Like the president said, do not listen to those who question the government.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Corporate assets

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Originally posted by caladonea

Some quotes from the article provided:

--------------------------------
"The May 7, 2012, AP story that disclosed details of the CIA operation in Yemen to stop an airliner bomb plot occurred around the one-year anniversary of the May 2, 2011, killing of Osama bin Laden.

The plot was significant both because of its seriousness and also because the White House previously had told the public it had "no credible information that terrorist organizations, including al-Qaida, are plotting attacks in the U.S. to coincide with the (May 2) anniversary of bin Laden's death."
--------------------------------

I am thinking that perhaps they may be trying to stop more AP reporters from disclosing more information; such as was disclosed on (May7, 2012).

Perhaps TPTB got a tip from someone...that there are reporters that are getting ready to reveal another piece of information...that they do not want the public to know.

Even if what you suggest was the case , intimidation of the press is abhorrent in a free society, the excuse used to justify the behavior do not out way the cost of such methods on freedom of speech and expression.

And what's a free society?
Freedom is just a word and only matters when there are patriots to give it meaning!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Every day there's something new happening with this Administration.

And I thought Bush went out on a rail..............

This should be front page news. Just think if it was "your" records.

S&F

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
If people can't see an abrupt and radical shift in this country in the last 5 years, I don't know how to get them to open their eyes. It's gone way past what has been normally played down as dirty politics in the past, it's something new, something terrifying and something tyrannical.

This administration and the one before it are criminals, the laws that have been passed since 9/11 don't belong to America or it's people, they belong to tyrants who hate freedom and liberty. They are trying to pull our country out from under us and their being found out. Like rabid dogs, they are even turning to bite the hand that feeds them because absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Americans have had enough, at least the majority of people I know and I'm sure there are plenty more. Tired of the scandals, the lies, the taxes, the blatant waste and bloat of government spending. Tired of renting your own land and houses from the government for the rest of your natural life. Tired of being offered nothing but liars and either side of the same coin in elections, Americans don't want more of the same, it's time for something different.

This is just the beginning and we will have a whole new level of scum%@#$ to deal with over the next decade!
I just hope we will see some patriots take a stand against this to big to be fair government!
I believe that this country and the world have been getting progressively worse since world war one!
Anyone with half a brain can see that the political world no longer cares about what the public thinks but only cares about their cronies behind the scenes! There can be no denial that the corporate cartels run all of the shows; Banking, Media, Food and Drugs, Healthcare and Resources! We are just useless eaters to be controlled and used until we can be discarded for a more compact, controllable and submissive populous!
God help us if we let these power hungry narcissistic types succeed!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I think you'll be very surprised to see that not much will happen. Media folks like their jobs, the decisions about what stories to pursue are made by a few key people at the top, and those people mostly ideologically support Obama. The rest can be brought in line with some backroom deals and a few threats.

Bush & Co wiped their collective butts with the Constitution, fed false stories to the media, and used their newly-seized powers to attack the rights of Americans who disagreed with them, yet there was no media-driven impeachment. Now that the apparatchiks have their front man in office, they definitely won't lift a finger.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I was listening to them talk about this on one of the news channels and I think this goes to the top. And not Obama himself. I think this was a NSA investigation. I am not sure how much Thomas E Donilon would have told Obama. But I think it was out of the loop of the President and more on National Security.

The reporters were involved in telling on a CIA informant who drove a bomb from Yemen to another country to give to the CIA. This CIA informant was in with the Yemen terrorist groups under cover. These reporters blew his cover. Eric Holder was Actually questioned about the case on who he talked to and what he told and to whom. He would not be the one in charge if he was questioning himself. It was above him.
edit on 13-5-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

Surprised? No. Appalled by their lack of guts? Yes. It'll just be another affirmation that Obama is indeed half white and half teflon.

So what happens if OTHER media outlets find out they are being spied on too? Cause the AP has definitely turned on him now and they just found out. Time will tell.

As for Bush, don't even get me started on that guy. He sent me off with a lie and a flag. I dislike him MORE than Obama.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Don't worry, because you'll be Happy to hear Obama will soon:

Because you can get the doll I understand and listen to Obamas lies and B. S. all the time.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Awesome! CHANGE! Sounds just, exactly like Dubya's 1st year after re-election. Yet another page copied straight from the Bush/Cheney/Neocon playbook. Way to go Democrat voter minions.
Way to go Republican McRomney voter minion tools. Neither lame duck ever had a chance against Obama and the media propaganda machine. It was only ever Ron Paul who had a chance, who ever offered US a chance, for change. What will be left in 2016? Who will be left?
edit on 14-5-2013 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesungod
reply to post by Snsoc

Surprised? No. Appalled by their lack of guts? Yes. It'll just be another affirmation that Obama is indeed half white and half teflon.

So what happens if OTHER media outlets find out they are being spied on too? Cause the AP has definitely turned on him now and they just found out. Time will tell.

As for Bush, don't even get me started on that guy. He sent me off with a lie and a flag. I dislike him MORE than Obama.

I dislike Obama more because he said he wouldn't act like Bush and I voted for him. But he is like Bush. Hell, with Bush 4 months into his second term was half as shady as right now, only because Obama has been exponentially snow balling what Bush started.

I don't blame myself for voting for Obama because, in reality looking back, I voted for Obama BECAUSE of my hate lust for Bush. One more thing I can blame on Bushie I guess. But just because I voted for him in '08 doesn't mean I must support his obvious corruptions and outright lies since that vote. To me, only the blind faithful still support this obvious freaking fraud.

How's the Patriot Act - Strengthened not repealed.
How's Afghanistan? Still there. But now we are meddling in Libya, Syria, Egypt, Pakistan and God knows where next week.
How's Guantanamo? Still open for business.
Hope and change? I spent my last dime on a gum ball for 15 sugar calories to try and stay alive in this crappy economy yesterday, so I got no change left in my pocket and no hope to have any work anytime soon.
How's the most transparent administration ever coming along? Answer

Yeah, I regret Obama for sure. More so than Bush. Why couldn't Obama by more like Bill Clinton? I miss the days where the cover up was over a cigar, dress, and BJ instead of the first murdered ambassador since the sixties, the IRS launching tactics against political groups, and government alphabet soups spying on the press. Let alone the constant inserting himself into areas the President doesn't belong: "Until I have further details I can't comment on the situation but I will say this, it's obvious the police acted stupidly." "I don't want to comment on the issue because there's still an active investigation and I don't want to interfere, but what I can say is that if I had a son he would look very much like Trayvon." I mean seriously when was the last time a President kept inserting himself into these stories like this? Never, and Obama knows it, that's why he always prefaces these comments with tidbits about how he won't comment right before HE FLIPPING COMMENTS!!!! I'd be ROTFLMAO if it wasn't so dang sad.

edit on 14-5-2013 by GenerationGap because: “For the right moment you must wait, as Fabius did most patiently, when warring against Hannibal, though many censured his delays; but when the time comes you must strike hard, as Fabius did, or your waiting will be in vain, and fruitless.”

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

This is what a mockingbird feathering out its tracks looks like.

The media is controlled by the CIA. Sometimes Project Mockingbird will execute obfuscation activity such as this to make it look like the government is at odds with the media. Media and government are all filled with a healthy dose of sheeple for insulation. These sheeple do not know that there is no separation between government and media.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
Obviously there's a perfectly good explanation for this. I'll just wait patiently for the more left leaning members of ats to give a logical answer.

I think I'll just wait with ya... I'm sure it won't be long....

Should be any time now.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Nothing this administration does surprises me. They are completely out of control.

Oh well, that seems to be what the majority wanted. After all they re-elected him.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I wish, before explaining my thinking on this subject, to clarify my position on the subject of government secrets. The people of a nation pay the government to ensure national security, to uphold the law of the land, and provide mechanisms by which saftey and justice can be secured. However, what you pay for, one should be able to get, and frankly national security ought to be EVERYONES business. I would bet my entire net worth (about £5.62, and some bubble gum, but it is gooood gum) that given the same access to information as the NSA, the people of the US could secure thier nation very effectively as part of thier duty as citizens. Place would be terrorist suspect free inside of forty eight hours, but the morgues would be a little stretched, thats about it.

Now, the meat and two veg of this situation is this. The government have obtained broad information about the activities of the AP, and unless they wish to reveal to the AP, or the people the are really looking for data on, that they are being specifically sought by the government for some reason, they have to keep the reason under wraps, because otherwise the target of thier investigations might split, kill themselves, or somehow evade the governments agents.

The breadth of this seizure of records, I believe, is a grossly oversized, but in the eyes of the government, necessary smokescreen, to hide the specifics of the target of thier scrutiny, and prevent those they are really watching from having a certain threat to respond to. I think that it could be that someone at AP has been trading national secrets, from a source within the US intelligence industry, to other nations and terror organisations. That would be the only logical reason I can think of for such a MASSIVE record sweep being enacted against a media organisation of this type, scale, and power.

Think about it, this move was always going to prove deeply unpopular, and very suspicious, and Watergate references in this thread and else where, prove that since that fiasco, even the totally politically retarded amongst the US population do not trust government implicitly. In short, this was always going to turn into a crap storm, so it is highly unlikely that the US government would do this if they thought that anything short of a genuine threat to the physical security of the nation was in the offing.

Thats my two pence on the subject.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Originally posted by FlyersFan
This is HUGE.

Obama .... transparency you can believe in. Hope and change.
Holder .... only wanting justice. No intimidation .... no bias ... just justice.

Anyone out there still buying that crap??

The Start of the first Obama admin was the nail in the coffin of my belief in the whole process, proof that the two party system is a sham Obama being bush 2.0.

Ever since its just more shovels of dirt on top of that coffin.

If you're still on that meme that Obama is George Bush II, then you're nothing but a low-information troll.

2nd line.
edit on 5/14/2013 by DCPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesungod
reply to post by Snsoc

The reason for the AP phone taps was merely to scare the hell out of the remainder of the mainstream media news sources.

Don't get any ideas about turning on this Administration...otherwise, you'll be audited and harassed.

And....further down the road, there will be no stent for you...so STFU.

THAT'S the message here. Don't turn on us.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot
If you're still on that meme that Obama is George Bush II, then you're nothing but a low-information troll.

If you're still on that meme that Obama really is 'hope and change' ... then I pity you.
(is that what you were getting at??) Obama and Bush43. Same/same.

edit on 5/14/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join