It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats a good post count:flags ratio ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Noticed ive 2x more flags than posts, and 3x more stars than posts. Is that common? Or am
I just uber amazing and need to be promoted to MOD status asap?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Mods are overworked and probably do it for free, why would you want that?

Who cares about stars and flags really?

You should be here for the content and intelligent conversations.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Just means when you have something to say,people appreciate it and support you.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Yeah but since im like the best ratio on the forum in this regard surely that means I should be either made admin or mod?

If not then I may settle for my own subforum, like Jim Mars has.

Anything less than that would just make me take my genius elsewhere.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

I think the rule is "if you ask to be a mod, you don't become a mod" or something along those lines

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Trust me, being a former admin to a forum with over 25k members......you don't want the job.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeuZZ
Noticed ive 2x more flags than posts, and 3x more stars than posts. Is that common? Or am
I just uber amazing and need to be promoted to MOD status asap?

Congrats on your 1,000th flag, I just noticed you timed it so it came on this thread. That's pretty creative.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

I flagged you just because you are awesome.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Just look at Phage's profile

Flags are only indicative if you make good threads, stars are a better stat
edit on 5/13/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Yeah but since im like the best ratio on the forum in this regard surely that means I should be either made admin or mod?

If not then I may settle for my own subforum, like Jim Mars has.

Anything less than that would just make me take my genius elsewhere.

Bye

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
1:1

The Mod Formula is way too complicated to explain in simple words.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Excuse me...I thought I heard someone say Uber...

I for one would be amiss if you took your amazing-ness to another forum. I mean how much amazing-ness does another forum need...I mean think about it...if you go...all the owners, staff, admin, mods together won't make up the amount of amazing-ness that you bring to the forum.

Sheesh...think about all the lowly members that will no longer be able to bask in your awesomeness if you go elsewhere...have a heart buddy c'mon.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Only non humans are allowed to become MODs. It dont think it has anything to do with stats..

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Well, to determine the correct ratio you first have to determine what your ego's needs are. You have to quantify value by determining demand. Once you do that, you can set metric goals.

So, first step is determine: how big is your ego? Then we need to find out how delicate it is so we know how much it needs to be propped up. Then we can just kind of go from there.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

First one to 10,000 gets 1 million dollars.....ATS dollars that is.....Which equates to nothing....Sorry

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Well staff aren't asked to join because of their accolades. It's actually the thing we factor in the least.

What you need to be offered a position on staff is a long standing love for ATS and our community, civility and decorum in all topics and a genuine interest in helping the site grow.

To be honest top posters who are offered the job sometimes turn it down, because modding the site can take up a lot of one's time. It's a busy place.

First rule of mod club though? Don't ask to be a mod...

~Tenth

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Gee I was thinking of starting a "How much do you love ATS and why?" post because I really do love it and feel like part of one big family here no other blog makes you feel like that and other blogs can be mean. For the majority members genuinely care and it shows. Downside though, spend way too much time reading and replying and not smelling the roses.

All kidding aside, wouldn't want the job of a mod no matter how many stars and flags I got, and I don't get many so i would be a very long time waiting, probably get it when I don't even remember or care what a 'Mod' is anyway.

What are W's and K's?
edit on 14-5-2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Yeah but since im like the best ratio on the forum in this regard

I think I've seen better ratios, but as pointed out already it makes little difference, as it shouldn't. People may post in threads that have a small following or where stars can't be given yet the content of the post may be brilliant.

On the flip side, it can be easy to skew the stats in ones favour by just making threads that are 'crowd pleasers', I'm sure some people know which topics this may include.

Regardless.... I'm sure you would make a great Mod though.

If it were me picking mods I would consider length of service as the first priority, then members attitude and then volume of activity on the site.
edit on 14-5-2013 by RiverRunsFree because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm extremely disappointed to have not been made a supermod yet. I demand to speak to your leader.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

civility and decorum in all topics

I will never be an ATS mod then....LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join