It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are too many me's, and I hate them all.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
You've got to get rid of all of them---except the real one.

What you see is what you get should be your goal.

There is only one you inside that skin....let him out

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Give the ''me'' a great big hug and realize it was never about being the best ''me'' but rather being the better ''me'' and letting that better ''me'' grow without contempt. Someone wise once said ''I don't judge myslef for what I do, I ask myslef for the reasons behind it''

Good things

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Stop judging yourself friend!
I don't believe that it's YOU that you hate...perhaps things you have done or said...actions that you now regret.
After all that I have been through....I decided to just BE the person that I want to be.
It sounds easy...it really wasn't difficult.
I now consciously choose how to respond to everything and everyone.
I don't allow my initial emotional response to take control. I stop and think before I react.
This has allowed me to feel much less emotional pain from others.
You can be exactly who you want to be....I have a feeling that is a really great person!
jacygirl

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
no matter how much we talk about peace and love humans are born with hate. its in our nature to fight and kill echother.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I too have a lot of "me's", and I know exactly what you mean. It sucks when the wrong me comes out at the wrong time

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

All those personas are parts of a whole, dont hate them, improve them.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
We all have many parts to ourselves, if you don't like a part then create a new part that will essentially leave no room for the part you dislike to be part of you.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

But, if you would have asked me a week ago, I would have told you that I was completely at peace with who I am.

You forgot the human part of you that cannot be the same you all the time. It's just not possible. And if you could be the same you all time, you would suck! lol Imagine being the boss at work AND at home AND shopping AND at your parent's house. Man, people would hate you.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I sympathize with you and have experienced nearly the exact same thing. We have to try to not be angry with others and ourselves. We need to show more patience to ourselves and realize these things are just what we are in this life. You can never get rid of it but you can learn to live with it.

Regarding this person you hurt, you can still save it. Maybe I am wrong, I don't know. Just try to do whatever to make ammends and do good. If you think the alcohol is making worse try cutting it down ( I know this is easy words and hard action)

It really is like Yoda said--fear leads to hate which leads to anger.

I know you are not scared of anything or anyone (it looks like you are a cop or reservist??), I mean the fear of living with ones own self. Once thats gone, the hate and the anger subside.

Wish you the best. Its good you have the awareness of yourself.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I think maybe I'm angry at myself and projecting it onto others. I don't know.
I can't even put into words how ashamed of my behavior I am. I'll be fine, I always am. It's just tough realizing how much I suck.

After a week or so of wallowing in doubt and self loathing, I'm sure I'll be right as rain.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Dear person,

You think you are all these things, but you are not any of these things.

Ask yourself, what are you afraid of? Let go to find security.

What do you feel guilty of? Let go to find pleasure in things.

What are you ashamed of? Let go to move on from the past.

What have you lost? Let go, and forgive yourself, forgive others, and love yourself so you can love others.

There is a place inside of you, which is quiet and serene; it exists past all these illusions of 'self.'

When you find it, you will no longer be bound to how others see you, to how you see yourself.

These concepts you have carried with you all your life are heavy aren't they? They are dragging you down... and now you no longer want to carry them do you? Shed them, like old clothes that have served their purpose in protecting you from the harsh elements.

I love you, even though you do not know me. I know the stillness which is within you, and every other person on this earth. Perhaps it is time that you get to know that is within you as well.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
When there are too many of you, the bible calls them Legion.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by theboarman

Is it in our nature? Small children don't exhibit this behavior.

Our nature is to love one another, but we fail miserably. Thus we teach our children to be failures through our failures. Why not rather teach children to love. If an 18 year old will kill for what his country believes surely he would love if that is what his country believes. Killing is contrary to our nature, this is why vets suffer from PTSD.

Love is our nature, for some reason we have let the world take away our hopes and replace them with fears.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
Love is our nature, for some reason we have let the world take away our hopes and replace them with fears.

Love, huh?

The kind of love the cat has for the mouse, is not really appreciated by the mouse.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
you will never find perfection in form

man is form

emotion is form

thought is form

being is form

All is passing away, and the passing will never cease

let go of form, and suffering ceases

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
can you remember your childhood? If so did you have this problem then? The reason I ask is I remember the peace I had as a child and how I developed multiple behaviours to deal with different situations like bullying, education, family and work. I realised I had forgotten who I was and started to work towards finding me again. Slowly the peace and quiet returns with of course the odd regress into asshole.....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Charlyboy

You know i always thought of this & even wondered if anyone felt the same.
I feel as though there are dozens of souls in me each trying to present themselves wen the appropriate situation arises.

i can feel the change in my personality, my thoughts each time a different me comes out..
sometimes i just 'look' and think i am changing and i need to stop (if the situation is gonna be a nasty one)
but it just happens...
there are many of us.. maybe the different me from each dimension adding to the totality me?
no idea.. but you not alone

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by letmeDANz

that is because there is no 'you'

all your forms are a persistent illusion

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have the same feelings. Plenty of me's. One me when I wake up, one that does not want to go to sleep, 1 me during the day and so on.

I accepted this as constant self-forgot. We loose our consciousness, we forget about ourselves.

And literally, 99,999..% people are in state of constant unawareness, they do not have consciousness at all. Me for example, I cant even remember when was the last time i become awake. I guess maybe days or even weeks passed. Now Im aware, but few minutes later my thoughts will fly to something, and maybe days and weeks again will pass until I again remember this state of mind.

To be aware is not easy, and it is even hard to explain what it means because people think they are aware all the time. They cant even grasp this concept.

I know that conflict you and me have is good in some ways. They tell us that there IS more, and that we need to work, work hard to change ourselves. Being aware of problem is first step in trying to solve it. If conflict lasts for to long time, it just means that we do not invest enough effort to change, and to grow consciousness and awareness.

What is the goal? It is to be in state of constant awareness or to be in complete self control. We will have "self" problems until we master self control. And that is something you work on for your whole life.
edit on 15-5-2013 by poweref because: you can read from Castaneda or Gurdjieff about this type of thoughts

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by poweref

yes

the four truths are

1. all life is suffering
2. suffering arises from attachment to form or thoughts
3. there can be a cessation of suffering
4. the path to the cessation of suffering

for those who have not awoken, it does require work, commitment, desire to rid yourself of your suffering

it requires constant vigilance over your thoughts and emotions

it requires restraint, self control

there is a path to get there, but once you reach nirvana, there is no more path, there is only being

the path of the enlightened ones are like those of the birds in the sky, they leave no trace behind them

the cessation of the mind always jumping to 'the next best thing'

keep searching, dig for it like gold, because its value is immeasurable, do not waste your time on heedless acts

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join