It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back To ATS (But Have A Suggestion)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

You mean the ads that are always conveniently placed in the middle of the page that I cannot close and have to refresh four times to hopefully make it go away?

Im talking about the main site btw lol.

But they need to understand you have to spend money to make money. I just think it all goes strait to their pockets.

I remember when ads first came to ATS everyone threw a hissy fit about it. But like always ones voice will never be heard even when its for the greater good.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
hello welcome back

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I am most curious as to who you 'used to be' back then.
My memory stretches far back. You weren't a certain net chicken or the likes were you?
You say you were never banned so I assume you were more transient than infamous.
Let us know....and welcome back if you decide to become a contributing member.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

I was just another person who stumbled onto this site as a young age. I never really posted any articles, just ones that really meant something to me. If I remembered it would get my old account back lol.

Im a lurker but I have seen an evolution in this site more than most. Some good and some bad, but I just wanted to get my mind back in the game and just have fun. Dont expect extraordinary things but you will see me around from time to time.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

TheLotLizard
reply to post by caladonea

Truthfully I been a member to this site since 2002 I found it when I was 13 looking up top secret weapons for a school project. Hard to believe but I remember this site when it was just a baby with each post being remarkable and brilliant. But those were the golden days.

Holy crap, Lizard. I've only been using ATS since I was a junior in college back in 2008. I am sincerely impressed. I loved the internet back in 2002, though - it was like a new frontier. I remember setting up my first band on Myspace Music when it first came out, and playing Diablo II and the original Starcraft using a dial-up modem.

The internet. My 8th grade teacher in middle school once told us that people would be buying things and watching videos online, and I was like, whoa........ far out, man.

I am sincerely impressed that you are so young yet know so much. How good is your memory, while we are on the subject, photographic? Or nearly, at least?
edit on 11-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

My memory is one of its own I can't remember things 2 minutes from now. I just think in mostly a linear fashion but at the same time over analyze every possibility of any event.

Kind of like the guy on mib 3 .

But what's weird is if I make a marker by telling myself in all five senses the details of the situation that memory will last years or even replay over and over in an ironic format.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLotLizard

Welcome back Lizard !

Nice to see an intelligent mind at such a young age.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Yet the unfortunate part is you need money this day in age for that to be grisly recognized anymore.

Its all about what's on the piece of paper not the mind writing on it.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Wow, I actually consider myself to be like that guy from Men in Black 3 as well. I am able to project into the future and choose different possibilities.

The interesting thing about my situation, though, is I don't think linearly at the moment. So that makes us kind of compatible in that sense. I have this theory that a linear person is most compatible with a non-linear person.

Although there are also logical people and social people. I have been wondering about whether or not those were related to linearity and non-linearity, and it is interesting to see that there can be both a linear and non-linear logical type.

I think you are the only person I've met who has brought this up as a conversation topic so directly, I like it.

I used to think more functionally and linearly as well before 2008, when I started to transition between then and 2012 (ongoing). Now I think spatially, which is interesting, because I still maintain my logical nature.

Spatial... how can I describe this... as a logical spatial thinker, I am sitting here at my laptop typing. I have access to an assortment of facts that I can use as I see fit when the situation arises. Also, a lot of sorting can be done spatially, kind of like computer defragmenting.

That means when you bring up something, I am going to be able to take it and think about it and then report back with facts that might help you put things together better. Or, if you are talking about a certain subject, I will have access to an assortment of YouTube videos or links in my head in order to fairly instantly provide you with intelligence that might help you on your journey type of deal.

Did you experience any kind of shift from a non-linear to a linear thinker in the past 5 years or so? I've been wondering if there was some kind of time shift that happened involving genders and linearity.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

TheLotLizard
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Yet the unfortunate part is you need money this day in age for that to be grisly recognized anymore.

Oh God, I was just thinking this today, actually. It used to be that someone's intelligence was valued at least somewhat, but recently, I think it has changed towards the piece of paper being more important than competence.

I don't even think the piece of paper represents skill and intellect as much as it represents being able to bully one's way to the top effectively.

The money is also a rather big issue. It sucks when intelligent people are not able to get enough work to support themselves, let alone enough money to pursue projects and interests...

I have been working on various projects myself and one of my biggest attributes is my ability to work with a low budget or no budget. Of course, the funny thing is, even if I produce quality music or a quality music video, I get scoffed at for not having $20,000 in studio equipment - but think about it!

I'm able to make just as good sounding stuff with $500 of equipment, shouldn't that be recognized as a skill? Apparently not.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

TheLotLizard

Oh God, I was just thinking this today, actually. It used to be that someone's intelligence was valued at least somewhat, but recently, I think it has changed towards the piece of paper being more important than competence.

I don't even think the piece of paper represents skill and intellect as much as it represents being able to bully one's way to the top effectively.

The money is also a rather big issue. It sucks when intelligent people are not able to get enough work to support themselves, let alone enough money to pursue projects and interests...

I have been working on various projects myself and one of my biggest attributes is my ability to work with a low budget or no budget. Of course, the funny thing is, even if I produce quality music or a quality music video, I get scoffed at for not having $20,000 in studio equipment - but think about it!

I'm able to make just as good sounding stuff with $500 of equipment, shouldn't that be recognized as a skill? Apparently not.

But to be honest with you, the competitive climate is so vile now the closer you get to something important, it is better not to be noticed. Unless you want to spend your whole life haggling and in psychological warfare.

I think it's a lot easier to find something to work on that isn't a hot commodity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join