It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back To ATS (But Have A Suggestion)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well, to everyone I am The Lizard. I've been here longer than "Most" of you, so any assumptions you shall make will only add to my amusement. Just to make the skeptics happy I will enlighten you of why I have a new profile and to explain to the mods so there is no incident.

I have been a long time user of this site and its been a mighty roller coaster. I have never been banned, nor have I caused any scene. I took time off from ATS because it seemed to me (at that time) that it just was not worth the logging in and seeing threads created using "cut and paste" methods. Usually the only things I would see is articles that I could find just looking at any MSM website. There was no differential between here and them.

To cut the story short, I've finally decided to open the garage and take out my beloved car for a test drive once more. But my mind turned absent when it came to remembering my user name after years of neglect. So I tried the email recovery method, only to discover that my old email that I was using the user name on had been deactivated. The only way to suffice would to create this account. I'm relieved to be back and hopefully an old dog (even though I'm 21) still has some tricks up his sleeve.

Now to the suggestion. I've noticed the simplistic nature of creating a new account. Yet one thing I've noticed was that when you try to subscribe on a mobile phone you can't. You need to have a computer to look at the terms and conditions. Therefore think of all the people that cannot subscribe just from the reason that they do not have a computer. This day in age the majority of people either can buy a smartphone or tablet, or they could buy a computer but budget restrictions forces them to pick one. Leading to the assumption that there are multiple people barred from even getting their word out. More than likely leading to frustration and eventually not coming to the site all together.

In conclusion, I'm back and raring to go. I just hope the request will make it to the upper echelons and help those poor people that can't have their voice be heard. Thank you for reading its been a long time.

Everyone have a wonderful day!
The Lizard

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLotLizard

Hey Liz.

Welcome back.

I agree.

Have a lolipop.

Tfw

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
welcome back old timer found your tinfoil hat again .i agree about the msm copying as it gets on my goat too have fun

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Thank you.

Probably my favorite show on tv as a kid was Thomas lol. Much apprecated

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

My son's as well.

Flash is a problem for uploading pics from a tablet too.

I just had a disturbing experience, where a link for an original artwork lead me to facebum,

all because the OP only had a tablet..

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

I just look at it like this. A lot of people would say " Well why don't you go to a friends house to sign up or even the library?" Truthfully you shouldn't have to, websites need to adapt to the needs of their customers. Pretty soon mobile electronics will be the only norm. Then what? No one can join, and the site will lose credibility. I mean look at yahoo they were a tyrant. Google came along and suited the needs for the masses. Now yahoo is the backwoods search engine behind Google and Bing. They could have taken the lead. But didn't from neglect.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Hello Lizard,

I am curious what year on ATS were you originally a member?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Truthfully I been a member to this site since 2002 I found it when I was 13 looking up top secret weapons for a school project. Hard to believe but I remember this site when it was just a baby with each post being remarkable and brilliant. But those were the golden days.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

welcome back [whoever you are ]

i too once came here in a past life!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLotLizard

Truthfully I been a member to this site since 2002 I found it when I was 13 looking up top secret weapons for a school project. Hard to believe but I remember this site when it was just a baby with each post being remarkable and brilliant. But those were the golden days.

In the real world,you're still wet behind the ears,no disrespect.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Welcome. Have some fruit pizza~~

Enjoy.
~nat

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The problem with that though is they need an ipp address. Welcome back non the less.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumCounterfeit64

Thank you for the open arms. But I thought that mobile phones, tablets, etc. run through an ip address anyways?

Could be wrong ill have to research that one.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Yeah but I was throwing out there why it could be the way it is. As I see no reason why it wouldn't be possible. Searched and yes they do. So that "excuse" is out the window.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by viking1117

Originally posted by TheLotLizard

In the real world,you're still wet behind the ears,no disrespect.

None taken.

I may be young but the only thing I haven't done yet is get old or die. I've seen unimaginable things in my life both beautiful and gruesome. Each one has made me the person I am today.

Remember negativity is the key to growth and prosperity. Praise will keep you where you are.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumCounterfeit64

I think it has to do with whatever script they are running. I understand where they are coming from when you have to read the conditions. If they wanted to change that one thing it would ripple into having to make a mobile only version of the site. Causing alot of grief time and money. But Idk that's my guess.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by TheLotLizard

I've experienced the t&c brick wall when i tried to create a new profile. Funny thing is, when i decided to finally become a member in 2010(?) I didn't have that problem.

I've been using the mobile version from way back. I remember when they were "updating" the mobile site which was shut down for a month, once it was back up it had only a few changes and the mobile homepage hasn't updated since it was brought back online in 2010. It's been broken since day one.

Ive asked for an updated mobile version to no avail, if you can get them to fix the terms and conditions then i applaud you. Good luck

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

I know its like this site has alot of people who visit. I see the ads that are everywhere.

So where does all the money go? They don't pay mods and they update like once a year it seems.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Reply to post by TheLotLizard

Now that i think about it, there aren't any ads on the mobile site. Maybe they don't want to make it easy for us bums to get a free ride on ats via mobile haha. As long as mobile users stick to the main site, they should still make so cash.

I think it might be possible that they have/had no idea about the t&c issue though. We'll find out in a year or so if they got your message (joke)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

<<   2 >>

join