It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple explosions rock West Virginia fuel plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Multiple explosions rock West Virginia fuel plant

rt.com

Two people are reported injured after an explosion rocked a supply company in Putnam County, West Virginia Monday. Emergency crews responding to the blast, which came at approximately 3:00 pm local time, reported high flames in the area.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Investigators are still unsure what caused the initial explosion but a spokesman from the Putnam County, West Virginia emergency management office told the Charleston Gazette that as many as six canisters of acetylene, a gas commonly used for welding and torch-cutting, blew up.

One man suffered burns to his face and the other burns to his arms. Both victims were hospitalized, although the full extent of their injuries is not yet known.

The explosion took place at the Airgas supply company, the largest US distributor of industrial medical and specialty gases, including welding supplies and other equipment, according to WOWK-TV in West Virginia. The plant is located in the town of Bancroft, where surrounding businesses have been evacuated as a safety precaution.

And this just god updated.

Witnesses told the Gazette that the explosion was large enough to be heard, and felt, from about a half a mile away from the Airgas building.

“The first one was really big,” said Doug Barker, a local business owner. “Then there were a series of smaller [explosions]. Since it was at the Airgas facility, it was probably a bunch of smaller tanks going off.”

Fire crews reportedly had the flames under control by 3:45 pm local time.

Hmm 6 Canisters blew up.. at once or ? Also is this purely outdated infrastructure or are the explosion becoming more common?

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-5-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
an industrial accident.Welding tanks are very dangerous,and need to be handled carefully.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by blkcwbyhat

And the other plants that conveniently blew up within the last 6 months are all accidents too? Plausible yes but suspicious? All the more.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I can't but think about those AlCIA...da death squads coming to the us. That's just me though, I always have my tinfoil hat on

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

I think these things are just getting old(plants and equipment) plus human error. Things happen. Boston bombing follow by explosion so of course instant MSM coverage. Death toll kept it on news. MSM is just going with the latest doom trend.

It's terrorvision people not television.

ETA: That link is a list of accidents. Yes some even take place in same yea as others.
edit on 13-5-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2013 by Isittruee because: (Plants and equipment)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Putnam County is 2 hours away from where I live and this is the first that I'm hearing of this. There was an explosion about 30 minutes away from us a couple of weeks ago that killed a couple of people, as well. Thank you for the information.
edit on 13-5-2013 by qualm91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLotLizard

please explain who exactly industrial acidents are " convenient " for

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

no - they are not " more common " - but we now have internet based global media - EVERYTHING is reported

industrial accidents have always happened - but unless there were dozens of deaths or massive environmental fall out - they were only reported locally

top topics

join