It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are humans created to be the perfect food source for a carnivorous alien race?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

This is one of the most foolish representations of Genesis I have ever read.

I'd be quicker to believe E.T. brought dinosaurs to Earth as food than that God was an alien that made humanity to consume.

But anyway, E.T. was not god, god operated on a higher plane of existence than the E.T. which is why he had absolute power over them aside from giving them free will as he gave to humanity.

Yes, E.T. descendents did eat humans but they were made extinct by god who clearly has protected and preserved our species homo-sapiens over the years.
edit on 15-5-2013 by On7a7higher7plane because: addition #

edit on 15-5-2013 by On7a7higher7plane because: Capital G

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm not saying I believe this theory, but here are some facts that may loosely support something to that effect.

www.trutv.com...

2300 Americans are reported missing EVERY DAY. I had no idea it was that high. That seems like way too big an amount to simply dismiss as people getting lost or injured during nature excursions, etc. The number has increase in recent times as well, which makes little sense considering Homeland security has gotten stricter and that we are in the digital age where virtually everyone has a cell phone on them. That makes almost 900,000 people missing per year. Now, I know a good portion of them are found again (about half are kids running away from home), but it really makes you wonder where people are just vanishing to. Even just 300,000 a year is a LOT of missing people. They have on average about 50,000 active missing persons cases at any given time. It makes you wonder how many of them are mafia / organized crime related. Something is happening to them and I'm sure they aren't all just fluke accidents. I wonder what kind of statistics there are worldwide related to missing persons.

If humans were created to be food, it makes no sense to make them intelligent, plus our bodies aren't exactly ideal to consume. We have a lot of bacteria, diseases plus people treat their bodies like crap. You'd think if an alien race were able to engineer species, they'd make a being similar to a cow that produces a lot of meat and isn't smart enough to start a revolution against them.
edit on 15-5-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

There's a war going on underground and I'm sure some of those statistics represent the casualties.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

hello i thought this as well

The Sheep and the Harvest
And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. 36But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd. 37Then said he to his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few;

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Humans could be harvested everyday throughout the world wherever there is a war and nobody would ever know. Perhaps that is why they are always pushing for war.

I also heard that the fat ugly pig Janet Napolitano is really an alien who eats human flesh daily. John Pistole and Janet Napolitano have been seen feasting on aborted fetuses.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

- Humans evolved, we didn't just pop out of a can.
- If a carnivorous alien race wanted fats and protein there are way to get it that don't have the energy cost associated with crossing interstellar space.

If you are going down the 'aliens made life on earth' route I would suggest 'science experiment' is more plausible than 'lunch', but only a little.

Human evolution is unexplained by any theory. There is no other species that has evolved in the same way that we have. No other species has developed the ability to harness fire, consciously pass information about their life experience between generations, improved their use of tools beyond the most basic imaginable definition of a tool, developed agriculture, or developed methods to live far outside of their natural environmental parameters of survival.

The assumption that interstellar space travel is inherently costly is flawed. ET species may not think in terms of cost and commerce the way that humans do, and their methods of travel may not be technological. A whale does not require technology to explore deep water. An interstellar species could perhaps be physically capable of crossing space naturally given enough time to evolve the necessary traits. There is also the possibility that they could use technology to accelerate or augment their own evolution in this direction.

The line that separates a science experiment from an agricultural project is very thin. Many universities have lab farms for the purpose of studying agriculture.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
what if its not our meat they are harvesting but our emotions and energy.

I would bet on this theory almost 100%.

I swear I think there is a bunch of energy sucking parasites out there but I can't prove it.

P.S. ex-wives don't count either

edit on 15-5-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The perfect food source is one that does not put up a fight. So IMHO this hypothesis is not very good.

-rrr

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by On7a7higher7plane

This is one of the most foolish representations of Genesis I have ever read.

I'd be quicker to believe E.T. brought dinosaurs to Earth as food than that God was an alien that made humanity to consume.

But anyway, E.T. was not god, god operated on a higher plane of existence than the E.T. which is why he had absolute power over them aside from giving them free will as he gave to humanity.

Yes, E.T. descendents did eat humans but they were made extinct by god who clearly has protected and preserved our species homo-sapiens over the years.
edit on 15-5-2013 by On7a7higher7plane because: addition #

edit on 15-5-2013 by On7a7higher7plane because: Capital G

Can you expand on how you think that what I wrote on Genesis was foolish? If I recall correctly I quoted a bible verse and then questioned why it was so important for them to procreate after they disobeyed royally.

How is God not an alien? Look up the definition of Alien and then explain how God created Earth and was from Earth at the same time.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slugworth
reply to post by justwokeup

- If a carnivorous alien race wanted fats and protein there are way to get it that don't have the energy cost associated with crossing interstellar space.

If you are going down the 'aliens made life on earth' route I would suggest 'science experiment' is more plausible than 'lunch', but only a little.

Human evolution is unexplained by any theory. There is no other species that has evolved in the same way that we have. No other species has developed the ability to harness fire, consciously pass information about their life experience between generations, improved their use of tools beyond the most basic imaginable definition of a tool, developed agriculture, or developed methods to live far outside of their natural environmental parameters of survival.

The assumption that interstellar space travel is inherently costly is flawed. ET species may not think in terms of cost and commerce the way that humans do, and their methods of travel may not be technological. A whale does not require technology to explore deep water. An interstellar species could perhaps be physically capable of crossing space naturally given enough time to evolve the necessary traits. There is also the possibility that they could use technology to accelerate or augment their own evolution in this direction.

The line that separates a science experiment from an agricultural project is very thin. Many universities have lab farms for the purpose of studying agriculture.

Human evolution is pretty well explained. Whats open for debate is the manner in which the traits you mention appeared in homo sapiens and the rapidity with which they appeared. I confess I haven't read enough into it to have an opinion on whether it was slow or rapid but for the purposes of this discussion its not relevant. If we were intended as a snack what difference would it make if we used tools/talked or not?

On your second point i'll concede thats all possible. Its a big old universe.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

You are being too literal here:

A truly "alien" species might not be corporeal as we are. They might be from another dimension. They might take energy from their "food" in ways we barely understand.

They might "feed" on worship, praise, fear, joy, curiosity, mental anguish, paranoia, love, hatred, or creativity.

This relationship might be symbiotic. This relationship might not be "harmful" to us in the sense that we are "devoured," rather - it might simply represent a "bleeding off" of excess energy, in one form or another.

There is simply no way to tell, but - if we are to follow this hypothetical through to its logical conclusions, given the constraints of the original question - simply assuming they "feed" in the same sense that we do is irrational and represents an incomplete understanding of "feeding" and "food."

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slugworth

Actually that is incorrect. The use of fire and tools predates humans by almost a million years. Fire goes back to homo erectus, and tools go back even further to around the beginning of the homo genus. There have been more than a dozen discovered species of hominids that predate humans, and with the possible exception of agriculture have done similar things. Neanderthals even used makeup. Obviously they didn't have the advanced tech that we have, or at least there's no evidence of it, but human evolution isn't some random sudden fluke, it took a long time and went through several species of hominid and brain development. It was near 7 million years to go from ape like ancestor to modern humans, and it all happened slowly.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

The perfect food source is one that does not put up a fight. So IMHO this hypothesis is not very good.

-rrr

The assumption is we would be able to put up a fight. We have no way of knowing that we could harm them. In a earlier post I mentioned the possibility of them using certain frequencies to incapacitate us.

Besides, wouldn't half the world would drop to their knees upon their arrival thinking their God has returned? It would be over before it began.
edit on 15-5-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by Barcs

You are being too literal here:

A truly "alien" species might not be corporeal as we are. They might be from another dimension. They might take energy from their "food" in ways we barely understand.

They might "feed" on worship, praise, fear, joy, curiosity, mental anguish, paranoia, love, hatred, or creativity.

This relationship might be symbiotic. This relationship might not be "harmful" to us in the sense that we are "devoured," rather - it might simply represent a "bleeding off" of excess energy, in one form or another.

There is simply no way to tell, but - if we are to follow this hypothetical through to its logical conclusions, given the constraints of the original question - simply assuming they "feed" in the same sense that we do is irrational and represents an incomplete understanding of "feeding" and "food."

How is that irrational? It's the only observed method of taking in sustenance aside from photosynthesis. Energy is consumed. Where is the energy in emotions? What evidence is there to suggest being angry creates a form of energy that can be consumed? It's just a feeling generated by your brain as far as we know. Sure they might be anything. There might be invisible gnomes that live in your digestive system to keep it flowing. There might be magic unicorns that can transcend space and time. Hypothetical does not mean possible or probable. It's just a guess.

How would a creature that feeds on emotion have evolved in the first place? It's a catch 22. These aliens created humans with emotions to feed on, but what did they originally feed on, and why would they need to switch to humans? This poses too many unanswerable questions.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthFazer

Precisely - in regards to your mention of the 'Replicator'. Doubt you read my replies earlier in the thread (Pages 14/15 I believe) but I also raised the issue of it being unlikely they feed on us 'physically' considering the fact that if they were able to travel here, set base here and then genetically manipulate us into consciousness from ape-like creatures, it would be highly unrealistic to assume these geezer's can't find more efficient methods of producing sustainable food sources.

I'm glad you referenced 3D printing though. I'm currently in my Masters year of Engineering at University and had a module recently (3D Printing, Modelling and Reverse Engineering) where we covered todays current technology regarding 3D printing in quite some depth. This triggered my interest a lot because straight away you can extrapolate the current technology to the future and straight away see the unbelievable potential. Right now the technology mostly involves the use of heat (a laser is often used) to form material layer by layer. Either by activiating photopolymers in specific areas, or sintering powders in specific areas, a material can be BUILT UP from the bottom layer by layer. This is of course different to our manufacturing methods of the past where we got a material then CUT IT DOWN to what we wanted.

I then had to do a Foresight Report on any technology of my choice to research where the product may be in 20-30 years time. I based my research around the 3D printing technology and found out about a promising new approach called 'Voxel Manufacturing', which aims to further refine the 3D printing process by literally printing particles of neutral matter (called 'Voxels') which can individually be manipulated to represent material characteristics through qualities such as toughness/softness and electrical charges and interactions can be replicated with the use of electrical nano components simueltaneously printed with each voxel. This is the discretized version of 3D printing that we are heading to, along with a new way of modelling 3D objects (voxel by voxel rather than a surface polygon-based mesh) that shall give us greater flexibility in what we can create.

Now sorry for all the random information, but if you're following it like me it seems pretty obvious that the progression of this technology is based on gaining a larger control of smaller particles. When we reach the stage where we can mimick individual atoms, or even 'excite' the atoms we require from a vacuum for example, the potential becomes limitless and we could theoretically (by scanning any object into an extremely complex atomic structure reader, which would provide data on each significant atom or atomic chain in the object) program a machine to recreate this exact pattern of atoms in that exact configuration. In this sense, if you created a banana from a banana, there should be no nutritional difference at all, since atoms themselves possess no inherent qualities such as taste or smell and this is all our senses reactions to those specific atomic chains.

So yes, it just seems highly unlikely that a race in this hypothetically advanced state would resort to something as inefficient as travelling the cosmos to farm people on another planet. However, like I mentioned before, these things genuinely seem to have a multi-dimensional aspect to them in some sense, and for me personally if this theory was to be true I would be inclined to lean towards the notion that if they do feed on us it would be our emotional energy. It's not even that far-fetched considering our emotions have specific analogue vibrational frequencies to them, and in essence we feed on vibrational frequencies too, except we PERCEIVE them in a discrete form we know as the reality we see around us!

It really is just a case of taking one step out of our perception of reality and just for one second considering the possibility that this 5-sense world we perceive is simply just ONE TV channel we've locked into through our bodies, and that some 'entities' have the ability to freely move between these informational construct channels.

My favourite analogy is the internet to be honest. The internet is practically around you all the time, in vibrational frequency form (EM waves), whether wired or wireless, yet you can't perceive it. The only way you can possibility interact with the internet is to use a tool that can change this information into something comprehendable - the computer. Without the computer, the internet may as well not exist, because nothing is perceiving it or interacting with it. In the same sense, I believe we may be using our bodies merely as tools to interact with this reality. And over our past we've been so disconnected with this truth that we are currently only logged onto www.ouruniverse.com and don't know other websites exist (or parallel universes, right?). In the same sense, what if these 'beings' haven't lost this connection or knowledge or ability like us and can freely move between the informational constructs?

Perhaps the whole sacrifice/ritual thing of the past was opening a conduit for these entities?
edit on 15-5-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
I would have to say no. This doesn't make any sense.

There's no proof of human evolution anywhere.

There's only the presence of various look alike skeletons, suggesting the GMO engineers were "tinkering" with design rules, to come up with something more efficient and advanced, the same way automobile engineers have been modifying the skeletons of the cars on the road today.

If you visit any car junkyard,. and look around, you'll find the same kinds of skeletal remains, showing gradual variations, from older cars to more modern cars. But, you wouldn't take that as evidence that the car was a creature that evolved by random changes and natural selection.

Changes? Yes. Selection? Yes?

But not random. Changes by design, selection by designers.

Why should biological organisms be any different?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

The use of fire and tools predates humans by almost a million years. Fire goes back to homo erectus, and tools go back even further to around the beginning of the homo genus.

My point was that in the time that we progressed from using a stick to dig a hole to building space telescopes and computers the second most intelligent species has made no progress in that direction whatsoever. In the time that we went from building a simple campfire to manipulating fire in advanced ways, such as producing electricity or propelling a land, sea, or air vehicle, no other species has adapted to be able to even build a campfire.

And, most importantly, we have developed ways to pass complex knowledge to the next generation. Without that ability none of the other stuff is possible. A chimp may be able to figure out how to use a stick as a tool but it won't be able to document it for another chimp born 5 generations later to study. If that later chimp does use a stick as a tool it will be because he discovered it all over again.

The physical evolution of humans may be explainable by evolution, but our mental evolution is something way beyond that. If evolution is a natural mechanism then the progress of our intelligence is either mystic and supernatural, or was augmented by a higher order of species. I think nothing is supernatural, but rather natural yet unexplained. The reason a higher species may want intelligent beings for some type of consumption could be to remove the need for maintenance, like livestock that can grow its own feed and herd itself when necessary.
edit on 5/15/2013 by Slugworth because: eta

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Oops mistake
edit on 15-5-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER
What's so special about self-conscious beings? They are just food.
I think you keep thinking of food as flesh eating. But, who would want to eat the flesh of a self-conscious being?
That's not where the value added nutrients are to be found.
If you read the scriptures, you'll understand, all flesh is as grass. Only animals eat the grass.
When you climb up the food chain, the nutrition you need changes.
Cows eat grass. Man eats cow. But when alien eats man, he's not eating the flesh of man.
Instead, the alien is eating man's "memories", "consciousness", "life energy", etc..the higher ingredients that higher lifeforms consume to make them stronger, live longer, more knowledgeable, etc..They have no interest in the flesh, just as men have no interest is kneeling down and eating the grass like the cow.

edit on 14-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

You mustn’t of read my other replies because I myself said I highly doubt they feed on us for 'nutritional' value in the typical sense, and that it's a lot more likely it is a case of feeding off our vibrational energy in the form of, like you said, emotions/memories/life force.

We AREN'T just food. I disagree wholeheartedly with that and I can't see how you don't see that yourself from your own preaching to me. I'll try to explain as best as I can why.

Firstly, cow is NOT to grass as man is to cow. Man doesn't need cow; man can live and prosper (and possibly live longer) off vegetation and fruit. The cow however NEEDS grass, just as we do. We are by no means completely dependent (by some law of the universe) on eating other living animals to survive ourselves - it merely just makes the process easier, and tastier lol.

Now, here's the true difference between us and cow, because we are both the same in the sense that we feed on food for nutritional value in terms of proteins/carbs/fats. A cow isn't divine, at least it doesn't seem to be, where as we are. Why are we divine? Because we are self-aware, and therefore we can experience thought, feelings, emotions e.t.c from a perspective the cow could never. We can, through sheer force of imagination, create something from nothing. We are probably a life force/soul/conscious energy using the human body to experience this reality, rather than like the cow a complete construct of this reality - you must agree with this since you differentiate between cow and man due to the fact that aliens feed on us for higher energy (memories, thoughts and life force to quote you).

So, from the perspective of this universe, self-conscious beings are SPECIAL – because we have the potential to be masters of this level. Forget the levels above and below for a second (because when you look at a picture in whole, you see nothing amazing in the individual strokes), in this specific level we are confined to we ARE special.

My point was really that there is simply NO #ING NEED for us to create self-conscious beings for nutrition, for as long as we are confined to only interacting within what we know as the 5-sense world via our bodies. Why? Because a non-self-aware food source would provide us the same nutrition as a self-aware food source. You could go and eat a man's brain, heart, pineal gland - whatever you bloody want - right now and you would gain absolutely NOTHING from it besides calories. No matter how much you meditated/progressed along your spiritual path/'advanced consciousness levels' (whatever words people use these days lol).

So, the only thing you could possibly gain from farming self-conscious beings is the ego-based pleasure of seeing another being accept you as superior - consciously. That is a dark trait, and that's why I made my comment.

edit on 15-5-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

How many are reported found by the end of the day? Reports include run aways, husband or wives who abandon their famalies, anyone who does not show up for a few days can be reported missing. That doesnt mean they are not found. Now if 1500 people just up and disapeared and were never heard from again that would be a lot but most folks reported missing are eventually found within a day or two. The report is not recinded when they are found it is just filed away as closed. Just getting the figure for how many people are reported missing is misleading. Some reports are bogus, some are mistakes.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join