It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are humans created to be the perfect food source for a carnivorous alien race?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I did make a distasteful joke earlier (No pun), but seriously any one whom could travel the cosmos would not create a sentient meal except in the hitch hikers guide comedy book at the restaurant at the end of the universe.

The Tunguska event in Siberia were in one part of Europe a golden shining cigar shaped object with smoke coming from it was seen high in the sky and later else were it had changed direction seems to indicate among other possibility's that is was intelligently controlled and who ever was guiding it took it away from major population centres so may have laid down there own life in order to spare humanity and that is a good deed you would not do to save your hamburger now isn't it.

It may be that sentient life is extremely rare in the cosmos given that the universe is only 14 billion years old and the earth is 4.2 to 4.6 billion yet is took over 4 billion years for us to appear, so any visitors would be a miracle, the one problem is that we are the criminals in that among many people on the earth eat whale and even dolphins are consumed despite a wealth of scientific study that has shown empathy and intelligence as well as altruistic behaviour amongst these being's.

I truly believe no Sentient alien would ever want to eat or otherwise consume a human being but the real worry is what will we do if and when we ourselves reach out there.

though I do not want to walk down that particular road what if an alien beings idea of colonising the universe was to seed sentient life throughout it in many forms adapted to many environment's.
edit on 14-5-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
do know if I was part of a supreme race with intelligence beyond ours, and I had a great many of my own to feed and take care of, I would designate certain planets to provide food and other planets to provide energy sustaining materials. Maybe I could even create a planet that has both. Place a moon in the precise orbit to create tidal movements, make sure the planet is safely within the confines of a Star to help sustain the carbon based life, and then create a food source intelligent enough take care of itself. I would have these planets setup and spaced throughout the galaxy allowing them to grow until its harvest time in that part of the universe or when I just so happen to be traveling that way again. My civilization could then grow with unbounded resources.

Also, really?!

That's quite sad man. You would create and farm SELF-CONSCIOUS beings to feed off? I mean, that is possibily the most ridiculous and heartless thing I've ever heard. I'd have my race die before we resorted to something as dark as that. It's an absurd proposition anyway, considering if you had the technological ability and scientific understanding to travel light years with relative ease and speed then you would for sure have ways to develop a good range of food from existing resources.

Of course we will have to colonize as the population grows but as we slowly stop destroying the Earth and find out how to nuture it properly I am 100% sure we can reach a situation where we have automated farms providing a constant stream of food - it can be done really efficiently and easily with artificial growing conditions, and if we do take the 'good' route with genetically modified food we should be able to relatively easily master the problem of food resource. I think a larger problem is energy, since we would need energy to solve the food problem of course lol.

I really don't think the sole purpose of this universe and us in relation to it is that of parasite-host, and we should do everything and anything it requires, regardless of the morals, to keep 'surviving'. I think we as humans have been given the ability (by nature/God/the matrix - # knows, I'm an agnostic personally so I don't have a solid answer regarding the spaces that contain our spaces) to master the universe in a way that doesn't involve ruthlessness, heartlessness or 'inhumane' actions. The interesting thing is when people talk about E.Ts in the sense you have talked about they often refer to them as being emotionless beings who cannot understand love like us (people who claim to have had contact with E.Ts in some way or another), and I think that is also a strong possibility.

I know at first case it might sound logical but beyond the walls of intelligence life is divine and PURPOSELY doing something like that is just the biggest violation possible - in my opinion of course!

Edit; Just realised I may have misunderstood you. Would you create a non-self conscious but self-sufficient food source (such as simple fish operating purely on subconscious coded instincts) or would you literally create a race of beings such as me and you?

edit on 14-5-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa
I can imagine the reason for the absence of a recent harvest could be their civilization went into a decline, taken over by the "vegetarian movement". However, as time passed, the meat eaters have attempted a coup, and could be coming back for the biggest harvest ever!

Vegi eaters do taste the best... Mabie that's why the bible said to eat meat sparingly... And (this is verry far fetched) what if g.m.o. are to make us seem less palatable to the alien gods. Hey mabie the u.s. gov does have our back... Lmao

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Peter Jackson of Lord of the Rings fame,has already made a movie covering this topic, called "Bad Taste"

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DazDaKing

I wouldn't make a race like you and me to feed on because I have love in my heart, as cheesy as that may sound.

I realize there is a fine line to what I wrote. How do you create something smart enough to survive and adapt to it's surrounding but yet stupid enough to where you don't feel remorse killing and eating it?

That's what it's really about isn't it, how intelligent the animal is? If it's smart we feel guilty about killing it but the dumber the animal seems to be the less guilt we have gulping it down. A chicken for example.

Maybe these aliens think they are above us on every standard therefore they have no remorse for us. Obviously they wouldn't or else we wouldn't be in their soup.

I've eaten many animals without remorse but I don't go around killing them. I think most animals are fascinating but again it's never stopped me from enjoying a juicy steak.
edit on 14-5-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Slugworth

You make a lot of good points.

I would rather eat the chicken than the insect despite it's higher intelligence.
Simply because it tastes better and it is what we are accustomed to.

Enjoy reading your thoughts.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The human mind strives for answers to some things, now which is more crazy the notion that humanity was breed to an extent as a food source or an energy source for other beings. Or the fact that some time in history you have a bunch of people sacrificing people and baby's to Moloch and other make believe imaginary entity's that they created and just happen to call gods, for the simple fact of...What, WTF, Why?

Or maybe humanity is just a sick sick species capable of some depraved and nasty things, such as the whole sacrificial offering thing, but its like that everywhere you look, in religion the whole Jesus died for your sins thing, to the whole rituals they have were you eat some bread and drink some whine and its supposed to be his flesh and blood, and Christianity is not the only one, they all have some sort if albeit a bit different sacrifice mythology and rituals. Is that not just another form of the sacrificial lamb thing, and in everything else from politics to world opinions the natural urge and inclination is to look for a scapegoat to place all the blame on, another sacrificial lamb, even the hero myth is but a continuation of that fact, after all what is the hero supposed to do? He is supposed to sacrifice himself for the good of all, most stories and movies are based on it, though now a days you see more the dark troubled hero type in such movies.

But to the original question. Which would be more disturbing to people, that we are a food and energy source to other beings and creatures. Or that we just invented the whole cults around the world like the cult of Moloch among others were we sacrifice baby's, grown humans, virgins, or animals such as lambs and goats, or whatever else to our imaginary invisible friends?

But then again it all just depends on what you mean by "food" And if people think that food like we know it, the whole concept of it, would be the same for another entity's or another more advanced space faring species, they would in all likelihood be wrong, but again at its base level it is all energy, which just may be the problem.
Every species on this planet has its predators, some like plankton are eaten by whales by the tons daily and its all just part of the ecosystem, I am sure the plankton do not even notice it as far as they are concerned or capable of understanding anything of that matter, they live they die going about there biological processes unawares of anything else in the over all world but that. So what would make humans think that they are not something else food-source?

It could just be merely another inconvenient thought and the power of blissful ignorance of anything but there lot in there tiny cornered world, a fish in a bowl going about there biological processes unawares and not even capable of being aware that they are in the equivalent of a fish bowl to other creatures and entities. After all given half the chance we would do the same thing to another species if we could, cows and sheep mass farms we have out there, were does everybody think that McDonald burger came from, all sounds so familiar does it not, sheep just chewing the cud on some field somewhere blissfully till the time for harvest comes.
Some get sheered, and some are lead to slaughter by the friendly farmer who once feed them and sheltered all there lives.

Or maybe its all just another crazy idea that this hairless upright walking and talking ape got in its head at one time or another as a species collectively from all around the planet, you know just another brilliant idea in the long history of brilliant ideas. And by brilliant idea I mean a really really stupid, and sick idea.

Or maybe it really was aliens!

In this vid this guy even has prof that they once ruled japan, and there spaceships were powered by fart power. Its like a total alien conspiracy.

link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Well that is the logical next step in making a major advance in our agriculture/husbandry isn't it?

To have a farm that does everything itself without our intervention, and simply provides a stream of produce indefinitely. It would be self-sustaining etc.

That is truly a description of a very advanced form of methodology and technological application.

link   

Originally posted by DazDaKing

That's quite sad man. You would create and farm SELF-CONSCIOUS beings to feed off? I mean, that is possibily the most ridiculous and heartless thing I've ever heard. I'd have my race die before we resorted to something as dark as that. It's an absurd proposition anyway,

What's so special about self-conscious beings? They are just food.

I think you keep thinking of food as flesh eating. But, who would want to eat the flesh of a self-conscious being?

That's not where the value added nutrients are to be found.

If you read the scriptures, you'll understand, all flesh is as grass. Only animals eat the grass.

When you climb up the food chain, the nutrition you need changes.

Cows eat grass. Man eats cow. But when alien eats man, he's not eating the flesh of man.

Instead, the alien is eating man's "memories", "consciousness", "life energy", etc..the higher ingredients that higher lifeforms consume to make them stronger, live longer, more knowledgeable, etc..They have no interest in the flesh, just as men have no interest is kneeling down and eating the grass like the cow.

When you die, and your spirit separates from the flesh, then you'll see the aliens. The "fear" you'll feel at that point in time, is the fear of being eaten. Just like the deer being chased around by the Lion on the grassy plain feels fear of being caught and eaten by the Lion on earth.

The Tibetan Buddhist scriptures will say to you, don't be afraid of the lights you see, go towards them, and unite with them, it's your own nature. But, actually, the Tibetans are not telling the whole truth. It's not your nature you're seeing, but if you do go towards the light, you'll be caught and eaten, and then you'll be fused in with the creature that eats you and become one being. Then, it will be your nature.

edit on 14-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Many of you disagree because you believe we would be a poor food source due to what we intake daily or GMO's in the our food.
First of all we don't know who could be eating us. We assume that they would think or act similar to us. Maybe the GMO's are what they want. A little more seasoning before the buffet.
We assume they want the meat on our bodies. What if it's our bones or bone marrow they consume? They could burn off everything else and eat our bones.

Some believe they would create something dumber than us to breed. Maybe we are incredibly stupid to them. We are the lesser being in this equation no matter how you slice it. No matter whether we are here for food or salvation. We are the lesser.
Through out history we have feared the God(s) no matter what religion. Even with Jesus it is known that only through him is the way and if you don't choose that path, well, good luck in the fire.
I'm just trying to figure out if this fire is used to cook and eat us.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I wouldn't make a race like you and me to feed on because I have love in my heart, as cheesy as that may sound.

I realize there is a fine line to what I wrote. How do you create something smart enough to survive and adapt to it's surrounding but yet stupid enough to where you don't feel remorse killing and eating it?

That's what it's really about isn't it, how intelligent the animal is? If it's smart we feel guilty about killing it but the dumber the animal seems to be the less guilt we have gulping it down. A chicken for example.

Maybe these aliens think they are above us on every standard therefore they have no remorse for us. Obviously they wouldn't or else we wouldn't be in their soup.

I've eaten many animals without remorse but I don't go around killing them. I think most animals are fascinating but again it's never stopped me from enjoying a juicy steak.

Right I understand.

I wouldn't even say it's as simple as intelligence. The fine line for me is self-awareness. An animal can be intelligent but it can be completely unself-aware - like a robot. That means that no form of consciousness experiences pain when the animal does, all that happens is an electrical signal that triggers the relevant instinctual response to that specific pain. In the same sense, it doesn't matter whether a human is incredibly stupid, mentally retarded, disabled or in any other form of extreme disability, you can't warrant inducing suffering upon them because you as a human understand the feeling and experience of pain/suffering/sadness.

With animals though it is very hard to distinguish whether they are self-aware in any manner like we are. Any given animal could just be an extremely complex computer (well - it is!) that adapts to its environment and acts completely based on inherited genetic code and mathematical algorithms that introduce new learning behaviours based on factors that the animal needs to have no self-wareness for. You following me?

Though like you say nothing stops us from diggin' into a nice steak, despite these cows most probably being self-conscious and held in horrendous conditions awaiting their death - we really shouldn't be doing that to be honest but its the situation we've been thrown in and have the remnant genetics of our ancestors who, from their percpective, literally HAD to murder any animal they came across. With a chicken though, it seems to be a pretty unaware/vacant creature, to the point where it still operates headless temporarily - it seems to be more of a robot type creature than a sentinent. In which case, why should you feel bad? I think the line gets crossed when you have a creature that has the capability to 1) understand its situation 2) understand its self 3) understand those around it. For example, many animals probably fulfil point #3 but probably don't truely fulfil point #1 and #2. Either way, you see what I'm getting at. With animals like Dogs however, you can just tell that they understand themselves in relation to you, to themselves and to others around them and for this reason we show a higher level of affection to Dogs because they are closer to us in experience and we respect that, and hence why most people probably wouldn't harm a dog or eat it.

Thats not to say we should just destroy everything different to us, but we should always gauge what we're dealing with before interacting with it. In the same sense these E.Ts must be aware of our concepts of attachment, love, emotion, happiness, laughter e.t.c to understand that we are not merely unoccupied mathematical survival machines.

So in that case yeah if they exist and are significantly more advanced than us they probably would see us that way - though they shouldn't because in esscense that would be like us farming humans who aren't as intelligent or physically superior as other specimens. Because really, all they can truely be is more scientifically advanced than us, so they would understand their superiority comes from knowledge and not genetics/chemical build up/level of consciousness, which in our case is the difference between us and animals. So it's a slightly different scenario to be honest.

Of course, if they are genetically advanced than us in some way like prolonged life/anti-disease/anti-radiation and have functions of nature we don't i.e telepathy then we're #ed either way and they do probably see us as we see fish!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have to stop and thank everyone who is participating in this subject. I am overwhelmed with all that's being brought to the table. It's amazing how many of you have left your mind open to this possibility even as horrific a subject it can be.

To all of you that taste like chicken,

Thanks

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
Do you think they really want cattle tainted with GMO's???

alien created, maybe its seaoning or like taking supplements.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Maybe it's like Killer Klowns From Outer Space and they just want us for a sugar-blood slurpee.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Truthfully though, the OP is only scaring him/herself in phobia fashion when the one real fact is that most of us just die, a good percentage expire by human intervention like wars, natural disaster, plague, technology and plain stupidity et al. So the whole idea of being cultured for food over millenium doesn't make much economic sense.

sounds like a disinfo agent for the aliens, or maybe he is one?

jk, this is just "fun" theories. another way to ponder existence.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Reminds me of the plot in Mass Effect!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

minus the creation part, we hunt and kill "inteligent" and "adaptable" animals all the time without remorse just to eat it.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
GARDEN of EDEN = Fruits of labor?

We are the hunger games. We are not food sources for all. For some we are slaves (build pyramids, sex). Some we are used like rats to experiment on genetically. Some want to assimilate us (borg). Some are collectors. We are a prize to be done with as they please.

I am not a bible scholar but there are verses about virgins being sacrificed to dragons basically, people drunk on the blood of saints, talk of making wine or an elixir of life from womens wombs. The saints (certain bloodlines) may be delicacies I believe it even say Jesus was the firsts fruits of their labor.

When you start to think this way it is scary but it is quite possible if you start to think of how we think of cows, what we did to the buffalo etc. The Nephilim would have been a problem because they were consuming everything we needed to sustain ourselves. So the winner chose to wipe the board with flood previously.

Why did our ancestors spend so much time star gazing? They were tracking the harvests and maybe even the players. In the mean time we fight among each other for pitiful scraps of paper human vs humans while they probably wager on events here. We could essentially be gambling, entertainment, and a food source in one. It is like watching a cock fight and eating both the winner and loser.

The mark of the beast is probably akin to a USDA rating with genetics, race, health, age etc mixed in. Now should I tell you why you should not eat pork? Nah I'll let you find out for yourself ...mmm bacon right?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
In the 18th 19th and 20th centuries in Australia most uninhabited small islands had goats left on them just in case of a ship wreck.

If a shipwreck occurred the sailors could survive by milking and eating the goats.

Due our global positioning systems and emergency beacons these goats have now been killed due to the the environmental damage they had caused.

Now on the mainland we have millions of feral camels which are there primarily as an emergency military transport and food source.

Your scenario is a possibility purely because it is how your and our primal subconscious mind justifiably thinks. Once you know its primal directive all complex human behavior is very simple to understand.

Luckily for us the possibility that a race could evolve to a state of interstellar transportation without first destroying themselves is quite slim unless of course they overpowered a visiting race and stole their advanced technology. OOPS.

Cannibalism has been rife throughout human history. This is why some religions will not eat pork as it is impossible to distinguish from human flesh.

Could we be a food source? Of course. Yet why let a species evolve to create so many concentrated forms of pollutants? Unless of course they had a dual purpose like mine gold and other minerals for easy collection should you become wrecked in the area.

ET phoned home using terrestrial appliances, where did this possibility come from?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If we assume that we are to be harvested by an alien race---it may be that they don't want our muscles and fats, but rather certain body parts/organs,-- ie pituitary, hypothalamus, adrenals, or even specific hormones or peptides--or perhaps they are able to feed on certain emotions--- fear and panic.

Some of the real Supremicists living on the Earth for thousands of years have long ago achieved control of commerce and banking, and have considered us as their cattle for thousands of years. Some of those same beings' habits led to many of the vampire legends. Some of them claim a connection to the demonic world through their Kaballistic practices.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join