It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are humans created to be the perfect food source for a carnivorous alien race?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Good point. Perhaps that explains why they dont harvest regularly. We are really a special occasion meal and are quite expensive. Like Chateaubriand. (With tiny porcini mushrooms in a nice red wine sauce mmmmmmm.)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

But, don't be alarmed. It's fun being eaten.

I agree...

Well tasted anyway. No real chewing is allowed. (ouch)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy565
I'm staying skinny.

No more junk food 4 me. If they come after me I'll just point out the first fat person I see, which shouldn't take long.

I don't want to be food!!!! Now I know how farm animals feel.

Maybe I'll become a vegetarian.

Cows are vegetarians my dear. oops.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Why would there be mass graves? Was there a mass die off ? There are plenty of old cemetaries around and before then the bodies were either burned, cast out to sea or buried or were eaten by animals. Why would you expect a mass grave?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysWonder

Well since we have not had any mass disapearances of people or populations I think we can say this is just a theory we can play around with and that there is no truth in it just a game of make believe.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879
This is strictly for intellectual exercise on my part as my participation in this thread but I think many who believe in the ancient alien theory and for the purpose of this thread may find this interesting, the below is part of the orgiastic rites of the Pyramid text:

The Cannibal Hymn to Pharaoh Unis (ca.2378 - 2348 BCE)

Pharaoh is the Bull of the Sky, who shatters at will, who lives on the being of every god, who eats their entrails, even of those who come with their bodies full of magic from the Island of Flame . Pharaoh is one equipped, who assembles his Akhs. Pharaoh appears as this Great One, Lord of those with (helping) hands. He sits with his back to Geb, for it is Pharaoh who weighs what he says, together with Him-whose-name-is-hidden (5), on this day of slaying the oldest ones. Pharaoh is Lord of Offerings, who knots the cord, and who himself prepares his meal. Pharaoh is he who eats men and lives on gods, Lord of Porters, who dispatches written messages. It is 'Grasper-of-the-top-knot', who is Kehau, who lassoes them for Pharaoh. It is 'Serpent Raised-head' who guards them for him and restrains them for him. It is 'He-upon-the-willows' who binds them for him. It is Courser, slayer of Lords, who will cut their throats for Pharaoh, and will extract for him what is in their bodies, for he is the messenger whom Pharaoh sends to restrain. It is Shezmu ( who will cut them up for Pharaoh, and cooks meals of them in his dinner-pots.
www.maat.sofiatopia.org...
Pls klik for more.

edit on 14-5-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

Ritual cannibalism in Egyptian antiquity?

This is indeed seeming to be as widespread as I was imagining it could be.
And the conduit for that is the same in most all of these cases too it would seem.

Thanks for the link I enjoyed the reading.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by Blue Shift

Good point. Perhaps that explains why they dont harvest regularly. We are really a special occasion meal and are quite expensive. Like Chateaubriand. (With tiny porcini mushrooms in a nice red wine sauce mmmmmmm.)

They may have some great way of preserving meat and can harvest the whole planet to feed theirs for years.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WilliamOckham

I'm not so willing to dismiss the idea.

Whether they be called wormholes, or "stargates", or even Melange from Dune - who knows? - if a civilization has reached the point where their technology makes interstellar travel both trivial and instantaneous then distance is meaningless. If.

A planet like Earth would be a perfect spot, in the words of Ron Popeil, to just "set it and forget it". It's an incubator, a greenhouse, and a self-cleaning oven all in one. Just look at all the other free gifts that it comes with, too. No refunds.

A few other posters mentioned that humans do taste of pork. It's where the term "long pigs" comes from. It would be best not to develop a taste affinity for your own kind - can you imagine the promotions at Denny's? I shudder at the thought.

So, while the idea of alien species traveling here to feast upon us is a bit far-fetched, the constant references to harvesting and ritual cannibalism (whether overt or metaphorical) in religion is a bit peculiar. Then again, every generation has its own litany of wisenheimers and the idea is so vivid - it just may be the longest running joke/urban legend in all of human history.

If higher life forms did indeed visit us in the past, I am still more inclined to think of them being shocked at what they saw going on and saying (in their own way) "Stop eating your own kind, you idiots. What kind of backwater corner of the galaxy is this anyways?" and perhaps making a parody of it in an attempt to mock us, though I am willing to change my views when presented with new evidence.

Nice looking corn you got there!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

reply to post by sulaw

Why would there be mass graves? Was there a mass die off ? There are plenty of old cemetaries around and before then the bodies were either burned, cast out to sea or buried or were eaten by animals. Why would you expect a mass grave?

Simply stated, there is "proof" of the Ancients of the past, via Pyramids et cetera. I'm not talking about cemetaries. Unless your telling me that there are enough cemetaries accounted for all the occupants of the Ancient past?

Where did all the bodies go. It's simple. It's like they all disapeared one day.

Sure, all the Ancient civilians were tossed to sea and eaten by the Kraken.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seamus
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

No. Sorry, but no. We humans aren't the best food source, unless the aliens who want to eat us are interested in eating all sorts of toxic GMO and pharmaceutical and pesticide-laden meat.

The thought is ridiculous.

Much more likely is the gold mine slave race idea. Absentee owners, privileged managers... yeah, I can see things coming to this by that means. Not by the means of being a meat farm.

Ok let's go with just the Gold mining theory for a moment.

What could explain the widespread prevalence of ritual sacrifice and cannibalism?

Would it have to be a completely unrelated development or do you think they are connected in some way? Obviously this is going to be all speculation but what the hell, let's speculate to our hearts content. It's a fun topic after all.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well im a sour and bitter old bag, i wouldn't think id be much use as a food source, then again we are made up of roughly 70 to 80% water and we are encouraged to be vegetarian.

soup comes in many varieties. so i must be a sour and herb soup
i dont come in a nice firm package though, im more like the squishy wobbly packaging.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If this was true, I think we would all be hemmed into cages by now and be living a rather desolate existence, waiting to be consumed, or, their would be organized groups banded together fighting "The Man", or what ever we would call it.
Just too far fetched for me and fairly opened minded.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Any time someone says "Advanced civilizations would never do that! They don't need to because (insert human logic)" they are underestimating how advanced a civilization could possibly be, and assuming that "advancement" occurs across a linear path universal to all species.

"Thousands of years" is irrelevant to an ET. You should be saying "Thousands of earth years" which may not be a long time to an ET species. If am less than one year old if measured in Uranus years.

When wondering why a violent and intelligent food source would be desired remember that we are not that intelligent, and perhaps not as violent as we believe. We can't destroy any stars, planets, or galaxies. An ET's observation of our most capable war machines may be analogous to our observation of a bacteria causing a tooth to rot. Most of our technology still relies on manipulating fire in fancy ways.

Chickens are smarter than termites, but we still prefer chickens as a food source despite their higher intelligence. Bovine are more violent than earthworms, but we prefer bovine as well.

Technological propulsion may not be the only way to achieve interstellar travel. The nature of space and time are not fully understood by humans. The assumption that spaceships are required to get here is flawed.

Our usefulness may not be anything as simple as "Food". There is more than one way to utilize an organic resource. We could be used as a source of energy in ways that go beyond our assumed definition of food, something more complete than "eat, digest, excrete". We could possess energies that we are not even aware of. We could be unaware of these energies by design, just like a chicken who has never heard of McNuggets.

Imagine trying to explain to the chickens the industrial process required to to turn their species into nuggets. Really explaining the whole picture, not just the factory process. Cram into the chicken's brain the concepts of agriculture and commerce. The chicken would, at this point, have more questions than answers. Explain the farmer's role, why he does it. Keep going and explain that the farmer has a mortgage and a car payment. Now explain the purpose of the farmer's house and vehicle. Now explain how the house and vehicle were built, and why. Tell the chicken about happy meals, their toys, and the film that is being promoted via that toy. Explain marketing to the chicken.

It could go on forever like this and the chicken would still have more questions than answers. However, the discussion would never get anywhere close to that level of complexity because the chicken is not capable of thinking like a human. It can only think like a chicken. Without evolving into a higher species it will never get past "I'm eating....I'm eating.....AHH BIG ANIMAL PLEASE DON'T STEP ON ME!!! I'M RUNNING AWAY.....I'm eating....". We are only capable of thinking like humans, and therefore even if an ET tried to explain why we were being harvested we would likely not possess the ability to comprehend the bigger picture.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
An advanced alien race still has to eat meat? Fail. I think we can take em!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Awesome! A science fiction movie just waiting to happen. Maybe earth is just one of many "farm planets" that aliens will use to harvest future food sources. Do African americans taste better than chinese? Will they eat the fat ones first? I love the premise, although I must admit I probly won't sleep tonight...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with greek mythology. Think of the story of Cronus, the leader of the Titans.

Cronus was usually depicted with a sickle or scythe, which was also the instrument he used to castrate and depose Uranus, his father. In Athens, on the twelfth day of the Attic month of Hekatombaion, a festival called Kronia was held in honour of Cronus to celebrate the harvest, suggesting that, as a result of his association with the virtuous Golden Age

He represented the "harvest"

In ancient myth recorded by Hesiod's Theogony, Cronus envied the power of his father, the ruler of the universe, Uranus. Uranus drew the enmity of Cronus' mother, Gaia, when he hid the gigantic youngest children of Gaia, the hundred-handed Hecatonchires and one-eyed Cyclopes, in the Tartarus, so that they would not see the light. Gaia created a great stone sickle and gathered together Cronus and his brothers to persuade them to castrate Uranus.Only Cronus was willing to do the deed, so Gaia gave him the sickle and placed him in ambush. When Uranus met with Gaia, Cronus attacked him with the sickle castrating him and casting his testicles into the sea. From the blood (or, by a few accounts, semen)[who?] that spilled out from Uranus and fell upon the earth, the Gigantes, Erinyes, and Meliae were produced. The testicles produced a white foam from which the goddess Aphrodite emerged.[2] For this, Uranus threatened vengeance and called his sons Titenes (Τιτῆνες; according to Hesiod meaning "straining ones," the source of the word "titan", but this etymology is disputed) for overstepping their boundaries and daring to commit such an act.[2]

I will let your imagination run wild with that. But heres where it comes back to the OP...

Cronus learned from Gaia and Uranus that he was destined to be overcome by his own sons, just as he had overthrown his father. As a result, although he sired the gods Demeter, Hestia, Hera, Hades and Poseidon by Rhea, he devoured them all as soon as they were born, to preempt the prophecy. When the sixth child, Zeus, was born Rhea sought Gaia to devise a plan to save them and to eventually get retribution on Cronus for his acts against his father and children. Another child Cronus is reputed to have fathered is Chiron, by Philyra.

He eats all of his "children", and so the story goes, the child he didn't eat, Zeus, grows up and goes to war with Cronus, and the other titans. Could this be an early account of humans going to war with the aliens who were eating us? Here is how the myth ends...

Once he had grown up, Zeus used an emetic given to him by Gaia to force Cronus to disgorge the contents of his stomach in reverse order: first the stone, which was set down at Pytho under the glens of Mount Parnassus to be a sign to mortal men, then the goat, and then his two brothers and three sisters. In other versions of the tale, Metis gave Cronus an emetic to force him to disgorge the children, or Zeus cut Cronus' stomach open. After freeing his siblings, Zeus released the Gigantes, the Hecatonchires, and the Cyclopes, who with the help of Hephaestus, forged for him his thunderbolts, Poseidon's trident and Hades' helmet of darkness.

In a vast war called the Titanomachy, Zeus and his brothers and sisters, with the help of the Gigantes, Hecatonchires, and Cyclopes, overthrew Cronus and the other Titans. Afterwards, many of the Titans were confined in Tartarus. Some Titans were not banished to Tartarus. Atlas, Epimetheus, Menoetius, Oceanus and Prometheus are examples of Titans who were not imprisoned in Tartarus following the Titanomachy. Gaia bore the monster Typhon to claim revenge for the imprisoned Titans, though Zeus was victorious.

We defeated them in the vast war, maybe that is why we don't have "gods" ruling over us today. But it says "Typhon" was born to get revenge on us, this could be the scattered reports of UFO's throughout more recent history.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-5-2013 by theconspirator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

reply to post by sulaw

Why would there be mass graves? Was there a mass die off ?

Hush. The aliens might hear you. They'll know you're waking up.

Go back to sleep.

At least, pretend you don't know what ethnic cleansing really is all about.

edit on 14-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by seamus

No. Sorry, but no. We humans aren't the best food source, unless the aliens who want to eat us are interested in eating all sorts of toxic GMO and pharmaceutical and pesticide-laden meat.

The thought is ridiculous.

Much more likely is the gold mine slave race idea. Absentee owners, privileged managers... yeah, I can see things coming to this by that means. Not by the means of being a meat farm.

Ok let's go with just the Gold mining theory for a moment.

What could explain the widespread prevalence of ritual sacrifice and cannibalism?

Would it have to be a completely unrelated development or do you think they are connected in some way? Obviously this is going to be all speculation but what the hell, let's speculate to our hearts content. It's a fun topic after all.

Well its not the way presented. Permissions have to be given. The metaphorical dark squares have no, completely zero power over the LOVE squares. Thats what it takes for the thought that left the mind of its Source to return to Source or Home, to be of the same Love frequency.

So to deprogram.

But the ritual sacrifice and cannibalism opens portals to hellzones and dark realms and lets them have access and in exchange they give them Knowledge or so called Wisdom.

Rolling Stones- Dandelion song

This is the same as this: Deuteronomy 28:53-57

The sensitive woman who's foot is so tender as to be bruised touching the ground is Royalty not a compassion one.

And its all about, so called wisdom, ie knowledge the dark side gives for them to reap rewards of dominion over us. Royal/elite/rule and slavery of mankind.

Laying seige.

But unless slaves co-create this with them and give into harming each other, instead of envisioning and end to this, envisioining as if its surrounding us now, peace, equality and everyone working for the well being of everyone. Just see it. If we don't co-create this with them its their karma and we not only free the school but possibly save them as well. They need to be saved as well. They're contracted to the dark side and really really need our help. The so called elite really really need our compassion and help right now.

No one on the other side wants anyone to go through all of this or handed over to insane ones.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
To say we were created to be food seems more far fetched than believing we were created to multiply and fill the universe with life. Why create such a giant universe? Wait (strange thought moment) maybe the universe is so big because there are MANY worlds that are being grown for food. Maybe our earth is the equivalent to a single fruit on a fruit tree and by chance one day we will be the fruit that gets picked.
edit on 14-5-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Yeah I wonder this sometimes.

Though I don't think we necessarily have to be a food source, maybe we were created by them for a multitude of reasons. All the ancient scriptures, even back to our oldest - that of the Sumerians - seem to have overlapping sections. The snake, the dragon, the demon - from Gods land who fell to Earth? Or in the case of the Sumerians they straight up believed in a superior God race that taught them their ways lol.

I really wouldn't be suprised if at some point in our past a superior race crossed paths with the Earth (there seems to have been a massive event in our past when another planet crashed into ours, causing massive floods and apparently creating the moon as well) and genetic manipulation of animals on this Earth may have been conducted - possibly resulting in us.

Maybe these things aren't limited to the physical world like us, and have hyper-dimensional travel capabilities - if possible - and use us as a source of energy in a whole different manner i.e fear or 'negative' emotion? Children seem to see things that aren't there commonly, we put it down to imagination but theres A LOT of evidence out there that these kids are seeing dead spirits or things generally not always desirable. Perhaps due to kids having purer body chemisty and a fresh, untapped pineal gland they can perceive these 'ET entities' unlike us, and this adds to the 'fear' extracted from the subject during these sacrifices and rituals? # knows man it's all quite intense to talk about to be honest.

With the whole UFO abduction thing, the whole shamanic substance that lets you see reptillian/mantis type entities (can't mention it on here) and this substances effects having overlaps with UFO abductions/near-death experiences/mystical experiences along with the fact all the ancient beliefs and scriptures seem to incorproate these 'evil' entities who play with us from behind the veil - I'm pretty sure SOMETHING #ed up is going on either way.

edit on 14-5-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join