It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kermit Gosnell found GUILTY in 3 of 4 murder charges of born alive infants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It took them long enough; ten long days of deliberating but, now, we finally have a verdict in the "house of Horrors" trial in Philly.

Gosnell Found Guilty of First Degree Murder in ‘House of Horrors’ Abortion, Murder Trial

The court case that has both horrified and gripped the nation is about to come to a close. A verdict in the Dr. Kermit Gosnell trial is in: The abortion doctor is guilty of three of four first-degree murder charges (these were three of more than 250 criminal counts against him). The penalty phase of the case may come next week and Gosnell may receive the death penalty over these convictions.

The emotion surrounding the case has been intense, as abortion continues to be a monumentally-contentious issue in America, specifically late-term procedures. Throughout the weeks-long trial, defense attorney Jack McMahon attempted to paint the abortion doctor as a victim of racism and elitism who is being targeted by the judicial system. Conversely, the prosecution, led by Assistant District Attorney Edward Cameron, dubbed him a heartless killer who murdered babies outside of the womb.

The Blaze

I don't see how anybody could have defended this guy. From the sounds of it, he subjected a whole community to a filthy, unsanitary abortion clinic that targeted the poor because he knew they were less likely to speak out. I'm glad he will be serving time for his crimes.

Here's a good video that describes what was going on in that clinic:

edit on 5/13/13 by FortAnthem because:
____________ extra DIV

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
How the hell could you do that.......

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yeah, that's definitely against the rules. Once they're born, you gotta deal with them.

Although, in the old days, before all the lawsuits, a doctor had much more discretion about which babies should live and which should be quickly killed to spare the parents years of suffering and financial burden -- babies with severe deformities, etc.

Abort early and often. No law against that. But killing after birth is gonna be murder.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

He will finish his life in prison; which is exactly where he belongs.

If it wasn't against the T&C's of ATS...I would certainly have a few choice words about him...

What I can say is this: he is a vile human being; that has been stopped from his forms of destruction and murder; and I am glad he was caught and is being punished.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I am glad that the judgment confirms what the facts indicated to be true. All I can do now is pray for the souls of Dr. Gosnell and those who believe no offense was committed. Start to finish, it was ugly and horrible, with truth and justice the only winners.
edit on 13-5-2013 by charles1952 because: spelling

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the jurors in this case. They had to sit throught all that horrifying and graphic testimony and, after all that was done, wade through over 200 charges against this guy. No wonder it took them 10 days of deliberating.

All I can say is I hope they all take the time to enjoy their favorite alcoholic beverages after going through that ordeal.

I'd buy them all a round if I wasn't broke till payday.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

If you are responsible enough to have sex without protection, then be responsible enough to care for a child you created....This guy needs the death penalty....Too bad the crimes against these children can't be duplicated just for him....

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

FortAnthem.....Where can I buy that never ending bottle of whiskey? The jurors might need that after this trial.....I feel for them also! People like this make me sick

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This guys not just a murderer, hes a serial killer.. He would cut off their feet and keep them as trophies, just like a serial killer keeps something of his victims.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I hope this doctor's sentence fits his crimes but the mothers are just as much to blame as he is. I support a woman's right to choose but any woman who says she believes a third trimester abortion isn't murdering her child is either lying or delusional. Any mother who has given birth to a child prematurely can tell you a child can survive quite well if born during the last trimester or sometimes even sooner. I myself was born two months early and went home from the hospital the next day with my mother, the only thing not formed on me were fingernails, toe nails, eyelashes and eyebrows. One of my own children was born a month and a half early and was fully formed and went home with me as well. These women knew better and didn't care. There are reasons why the majority of states have outlawed late term abortions- in fact most states wont allow an abortion after the first trimester.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I just hope they don't give this guy the death penalty for this.

First off, nobody is ever executed who doesn't volunteer for it so it would be a waste of the state's time and money. 2nd, death is too good for this guy, he deserves to rot in jail in shame for the rest of his life. 3rd, giving him the death penalty will make him a martyr and celebrity of not only the pro-abortion cause but, also the anti-death penalty cause as well.

This guy deserves to spend the rest of his years in jail, an embarrassment to his profession. Sentencing him to death will make him an overnight celebrity, much like Mumia Abu-Jamal was. I would prefer he spend the rest of his days in shame and infamy rather than being made into a hero for political purposes.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Fort Buddy..! I haven't had a U2U or profile post from you in some time...why are you so mean to me..?

3rd, giving him the death penalty will make him a martyr and celebrity of not only the pro-abortion cause but, also the anti-death penalty cause as well.

I'm sure this case worked you up really good...sorry things like this happen D.

As for him being martyred, No...this is one of those unique situations where no one wants to utilize it to their advantage, as some actions are beyond comprehension.

And look at it this way chief - if you're right about religion, he's gonna pay like no other...if you're wrong, he still has to deal with the boys in Cell Block 2.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Here's a more detailed story on the verdict:

Kermit Gosnell guilty of murder in 3 infants’ deaths

The 72-year-old was charged with killing four premature babies by severing their spinal cords after they were born alive in his Philadelphia clinic. He was acquitted of one of those charges and convicted in three. Gosnell was also found guilty in the accidental death of a patient who died after receiving an abortion and a lethal mix of sedatives and painkillers at his clinic.

Gosnell's lawyers argued during the trial that no babies were born alive in the clinic.

A 2010 federal investigation described the West Philadelphia clinic as a filthy "house of horrors" that primarily served low-income women seeking late-term abortions. The nearly 300-page grand jury report said remains of fetuses were stored in freezers and that instruments used in abortions were contaminated with sexually transmitted diseases.

Gosnell faced hundreds of lesser charges, including employing a minor in his clinic and violating the state's 24-hour waiting period for abortions. He was also charged with performing abortions on women who were more than 24 weeks pregnant, which is illegal in the state. Gosnell's wife, a cosmetologist who helped perform the abortions, was among four of the clinic's employees who also pleaded guilty to several charges.

Prosecutors are expected to now seek the death penalty for Gosnell.

Yahoo News

He's guilty of a lot of awful stuff but, I hope the death penalty doesn't stick. No purpose is served in handing down the death penalty on a 72 year old man. No way they'll ever execute him before he dies of natural causes and they'll just turn him into a cause célèbre for the abortion and anti death penalty causes.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
You got your wish. He's not getting Capital Punishment. Maybe they felt that was getting off too easy...
Since I believe in reincarnation, my thought is he gets punishment either way and his soul learns.
edit on 15-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

He never wouldve lived to see his execution... All he did was avoid being on death row until he died naturally.
Death row is usually a lot harder on an inmate than general population

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Berzerked

He never wouldve lived to see his execution... All he did was avoid being on death row until he died naturally.
Death row is usually a lot harder on an inmate than general population

So did they just take pity on him and give him a break?

I see he got two consecutive sentences handed down, and he supposedly saw himself as a "tireless advocate for inner city" poor women.
Plus nine others convicted and 4 pleaded guilty, and he had done tons of violations of actual abortion law, including illegal late term abortions.
So maybe the precedent is still set for others who may follow him. There are apparently other clinics doing similar stuff, and I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 15-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

So did they just take pity on him and give him a break

I doubt it was "pity" . maybe they hope that jail house justice will prevail, like it did with Dahmer.
In any case, hes screwed. rightfully so

top topics

join