It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO - Quito, Ecuador, May 15, 1996

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Very odd video. This to me, is the best UFO footage I have ever seen. The pentagon shaped UFO is very peculiar; I have never seen anything like it.

Now of course the debunkers will come in and attempt to debunk it in any way possible, but please, think a little before you give crazy explanations.

It could have been a kite, but I never saw a kite that spins like that. CGI? If this was truly taken in 1996, then I don't see how the average person could get a program to make a graphic look so real.

Chinese lanterns are pretty much out of the question.

edit on 13-5-2013 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hard to tell what it is as there are no points of reference to put it into context

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
there is a movie on netflix called ufos in south america or something of the sort. it might have been in that somewhere. either way it was some of the best evidence ive ever seen in that movie. its worth a watch for sure. check it out

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Quito is a very interesting area. Dormant volcano and I would say Andromedan.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

It is an interesting area. And to be honest, I believe that the UFO in the video is a military aircraft, but that's just my opinion.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
Hard to tell what it is as there are no points of reference to put it into context

If you are talking about being unable to know if the UFOs are actually in the sky, I don't see why it would be too hard to figure that out.

The UFOs cannot be on the ground, it cannot be on the ceiling in a room (which are both obvious), the only thing left is for the UFOs to actually be flying in the sky.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

White dots against a black background. I guess that solves that mystery!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Anyone care to debunk? I've been seeing a lot of people debunking a lot of UFO videos, but as of yet, I haven't seen anyone debunk this.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Do they call themselves that

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
WTH is there to debunk? You got lights in the sky that could be anything.

Are you making the claim that it is an alien spacecraft?

If so..prove it first then allow the debunkers to try and disprove you.

But really what is there to debunk..
Look I have a video of lights ..debunk it..ummm yep those are llights...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Edited a still from the video. The sides of one of the UFOs are barely visible, but you can still see them. I increased the contrast and brightness to show the sides of the UFO. I also made some arrows, or you could say lines, to denote where the sides are visible.

But you do not need to look at the arrows to see where the sides are, simply look at the picture with your eyes being at a roughly 130 degree angle (or 40 degree angle, depending on your perspective) to the computer screen, and you should see the sides of the object.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
WTH is there to debunk? You got lights in the sky that could be anything.

Are you making the claim that it is an alien spacecraft?

If so..prove it first then allow the debunkers to try and disprove you.

But really what is there to debunk..
Look I have a video of lights ..debunk it..ummm yep those are llights...

Please knowledgeable one, enlighten me on what it could be.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

Actually they are lights...but what exactly are you saying it is?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Actually they are lights...but what exactly are you saying it is?

Me? I'm saying it's a UFO.

Now, please enlighten me on what those lights are.

It appears as though you are afraid to debunk this, as you are immediately resorting to jokes, and obvious things.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

How the hell do I debunk lights in the sky..
As far as I am concerned they are lights..nothing more. It is a UFO..in the very definition...Unidentified Flying Object....not an alien spacecraft.

So many Earth based things it could be and until they are ruled out as possibility..it is from Earth.I would ..but there are more important things to worry about then a few lights in the sky....like what kind of toilet paper should I buy...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

How the hell do I debunk lights in the sky..
As far as I am concerned they are lights..nothing more. It is a UFO..in the very definition...Unidentified Flying Object....not an alien spacecraft.

So many Earth based things it could be and until they are ruled out as possibility..it is from Earth.I would ..but there are more important things to worry about then a few lights in the sky....like what kind of toilet paper should I buy...

My other thread was also "lights in the sky", but people debunked it very quickly.

Just give me one Earthly explanation. C'mon, I dare you.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

A RC toy perhaps. Hmmmm..damn that was a good one... I didn't even have to think hard about it...because a rational mind knows there is always a rational explanation before jumping the the extraordinary.

No frame of reference to show the size..so it could be huge, small, close or not so close.

So tell me what is your explanation as to what it is. An alien space craft...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

A RC toy perhaps. Hmmmm..damn that was a good one... I didn't even have to think hard about it...because a rational mind knows there is always a rational explanation before jumping the the extraordinary.

No frame of reference to show the size..so it could be huge, small, close or not so close.

So tell me what is your explanation as to what it is. An alien space craft...

So a guy in Ecuador bought a pentagon shaped RC aircraft, and put on lights on each of the vertices, then the guy also managed to get it to spin? That would cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars to make. All for a video that barely got any view?

Very rational. The Alien explanation is better than that.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The object was zoomed in during the latter part of the video, before that, it was shown with the camera zoomed out, not so hard to tell the size.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Here is a RC saucer that was available around 1996.

ThinkGeek Micro R/C 4-Channel Advance Technology Micro Flying Saucer Review

Aerobatics/Special Flight Performance It doesn't do loops or rolls but it does spin in place, and with practice it can be flown in a circle pattern while spinning. This is a fun maneuver to demonstrate. It’s speedy for its size, and can also be pretty impressive indoors with some practice when flown in "Normal" mode.

Is it the one..maybe . maybe not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join