It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Knocking

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Awesome!

Ghost knocks happen,
yep,
they do!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
i have experienced such events but nothing that feels threatening

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Britx

the knocking really could be anything, From rodents/animals, to maybe wind or draft. I wouldn't freak myself out over just knocking noises. But if you start hearing footsteps, disembody voices, being touched when no one is there, or objects moving around, or apparitions appearing in front of you or out of the corner of your eyes. THEN..I might start worrying. We forget sometimes that the most rational explanations might just be that. But once rational explanations get thrown out, that's when you start thinking of making the call to the ghost busters.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

Originally posted by Britx
reply to post by InTheLight

Yep! Thats one of the videos I watched. It does sound like that for the most part... but it sounds like its harder and longer if that makes sense at all.

Also, Do you know anything about how/when that should happen? As in... Does the expanding occur right after the sink is used? Or can it happen at any time?

The knocking in my bathroom has stopped because it's not too cold outside right now, but when it's cold outside and we have the heat on inside, I hear the knocking quite often. It's strange because it will knock when the toilet is used, as well as when the shower is used.

The knocking in the bedroom seems to happen any time, but again, normally it is cold outside, or even raining, and warmer inside. I'm thinking it's a larger pipe or vent of some sort.

you pretty much explained what the cause of knocking was, old houses or houses in general when it gets hot to cold or cold to hot the house material will expand and contract causes noises/knocking/crackling to be heard. It was most likely just you're house settling down for the winter or summer. Or it could even be old plumbing as you said.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Britx

Sure...central heating expansion and contraction makes a knocking sound from the pipes.

Water pipes do the same thing.

Heat being released from the ground can affect footings and foundations.

Neighbours having..errm..a romantic interlude has also been known to produce strange knocking sounds too!

The roof rafters, cooling down from the heat of the sun, anything really.

Oh yes, spooky ghosts also do it..apparently.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I had a knocking spirit once. Actually sometimes it still happens if I need to pay attention to something.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
thats creppy its just happent to me to. i heard it then week later my dad and son heard it my dad saied it was his bedreoom door he was in bed. my son in the other room. both times all the dogs stared barking also.. in between one night the ceiling started leaking for no reason.. no pipes at all went up stairs the room above was dry. i meshured both rooms found the exat spot nothing then it just stoped hasent done it sence. my dad has alot of health problems hope its nothing bad.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join