It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Knocking

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If you do an ATS search on ghost knocking there are a few threads on it.
If I wasn't bouncing in and out because of work I would dig a few up for ya, but kind of rushed

edit on 13-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
My mother had this old antique wardrobe in her room,and she told me that on quite a few occasions,she would be woken up by knocking coming from inside it,then after she woke,it would gradually fade away+eventually stop.She believed it was an omen of bad things to come,but as i was a child,i can't remember if any of her large extended family did,as a matter of fact,pass on after such a knocking episode.That house was severely haunted/spirit-infested anyway.What happened to my mother's sister,was this:Something woke her up in the night,and she went to her window to look out.She told my mother that she saw a huge,unnaturally large strange type of bird on their lawn,by the light of the moon.Then in her room,she heard a loud sound like a sheet/piece of fabric being torn.She died not long afterwards,of an aggressive type of breast cancer that rapidly metastasized to her spine and brain.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Yep! Thats one of the videos I watched. It does sound like that for the most part... but it sounds like its harder and longer if that makes sense at all.

Also, Do you know anything about how/when that should happen? As in... Does the expanding occur right after the sink is used? Or can it happen at any time?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britx

Yep! Thats one of the videos I watched. It does sound like that for the most part... but it sounds like its harder and longer if that makes sense at all.

Also, Do you know anything about how/when that should happen? As in... Does the expanding occur right after the sink is used? Or can it happen at any time?

The knocking in my bathroom has stopped because it's not too cold outside right now, but when it's cold outside and we have the heat on inside, I hear the knocking quite often. It's strange because it will knock when the toilet is used, as well as when the shower is used.

The knocking in the bedroom seems to happen any time, but again, normally it is cold outside, or even raining, and warmer inside. I'm thinking it's a larger pipe or vent of some sort.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't want to freak you out or confuse you anymore than you probably feel already, so I will say a mix of what most people have already said.

Firstly, get your toilet fixed. If nothing appears to be broken, either call a plumber to double check, or ensure there are no ornaments or wall fixings that may be able to fall onto your toilet handle (presuming you have a handle attatched to the side, rather than a long chain from the ceiling).

Secondly, check what time your boiler is set to turn on? Are you using central heating within your house that may be programmed to come on later in the morning, but may have a faulty timer? This may explain any tapping noise. If not, I would again call a plumber to maybe flush the pipes in the house. Were you given any boiler documents/ recent servicing reports from the previous owners of the house? As you've only been in the house for a few months, is it possible that the different seasons may cause changes to your house? Say, do you notice any creaking sounds at the hottest part of the day (if it's an old, wooden house, possible expansion). Have you noticed any birds nesting or can animals gain access to the roof by climbing up a tree?

Thirdly, youngsters have quite avid imaginations. I know this is a scapegoat explanation, but it is quite often the case. Has your child recently had a conversation with you or anybody else in the family about your mother prior to the dream? Is it possible that she may have spoken to other children in a playgroup/ class that may have talked about their grandparents, leading her to think about her own? Did she give you a distinct description of what your mother looked like when she told you? If so, does it sound like a description of any photos she may have seen of her, i.e. the same outfit, in which case she could just be replicating this image into her own thoughts? I once told my mum I could fly (I was about 4 or 5), I was so convinced, and angry that she didn't believe me, that I kept trying to fly by jumping off the bed and 'concentrating' whilst trying to hone in my skill. Funny now, and ridiculous that I even had a list of instructions on how to do it, but what I mean is that sometimes things can seem so real to kids that the details of things can seem quite intense.

Some of those explanations may seem a bit out there, but they may offer a more rational answer if you're feeling quite anxious. I hope you find some answers to your problem.
edit on 13-5-2013 by LunaStarr because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2013 by LunaStarr because: spelling

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LunaStarr

The toilet was repaired and then eventually replaced (the toilet flushed threw out the repair process too) The plumber seems to have no explanation for it at all. It doesn't happen daily.. may once a week or every other week.

It was rather warm last night for the most part around 75 Degrees I would say.

I also am not sure about the boiler we have a hot water heater, but we had the window open, no a/c or heat on here.

Also, its very possibly that the baby talked to someone, but I highly doubt it. My mother isnt talked about much because she died so tragically it bothers a lot. I brought up a picture form an old book that I was sure she never saw before (There was only one picture of my mom displayed and that was her graduation picture, and she changed alot since then) and asked her to point out my mommy and she did.

Still I am not 100% sure on any of this. Im not scared. I have no reason to be, nothing feels threatening, just out of place.

Thanks - B

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

reply to post by LunaStarr

The toilet was repaired and then eventually replaced (the toilet flushed threw out the repair process too) The plumber seems to have no explanation for it at all. It doesn't happen daily.. may once a week or every other week.

It was rather warm last night for the most part around 75 Degrees I would say.

I also am not sure about the boiler we have a hot water heater, but we had the window open, no a/c or heat on here.

Also, its very possibly that the baby talked to someone, but I highly doubt it. My mother isnt talked about much because she died so tragically it bothers a lot. I brought up a picture form an old book that I was sure she never saw before (There was only one picture of my mom displayed and that was her graduation picture, and she changed alot since then) and asked her to point out my mommy and she did.

Still I am not 100% sure on any of this. Im not scared. I have no reason to be, nothing feels threatening, just out of place.

Thanks - B

You most likely resemble your mother very much so, and that's probably how your child could distinguish and choose your mother from the picture.

If you think it's your mother, then do an experiment, by asking her to deliberately knock once for yes and twice for no...ask if it is her by knocking once for yes.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I have lost 7 members of my family, never heard knocks before someones death. But paranormal stuff happens every now and then almost active at all times during the night but it doesnt bother me anymore. My house is old but the attic creaks everynight and I know there arent any rodents up there.... But I wonder what it means when something knocked over my lucky cat when I was sleeping?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Britx

My two year old woke up a one morning in March and told me that she talked to my mother. (My mother passed in 2008, shes never met my mother).

Thats really good input. "They say" (you know the they sayers) that family "passed on" are still around, watching over us. That your daughter would suddenly say that is very compelling. Show her a picture. Like leave it where she can find it and don't actually ask ever, wait for her reaction to it. Casually ask what your mom said to her. Maybe a visit, for whatever reason.

Sometimes things happen like this. Its not alway clear just what the message is until enough time or evidence. Sometimes its specific, like a warning , sometimes its simply , "hello, I am still around, be seein ya". You have to make up your own mind about it. You will get it, doesn't sound like any harm at this point.

Don't shy from it, just be aware of your surroundings, dreams, other family members comments. Ask questions. keep on top of new developments, there may be some down the road (time is different here and there) or none at all. Maybe start a log.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Darkblade71

I’ve never experienced this before. especially the un-easy feeling I woke up to.

The sound you heard could have put you in a hightened sense of security, looking for treats. That could be why you felt something out of place. I some times heard fairly loud clicks coming out of the air in the opposite corners of my bedroom. I too feel a little put off. Usually causes me to say a prayer to Mother Mary and ask all my dead relatives to pay attention to me and my surrounding for a few minutes, for protection. Someone said its an indicator that someone is going to, or has died. I think it's more of a sound created by the entity entering our dimension. The 3AM thing, I think there's more to this than people think. After my father passed away, I would awake consistently at 3:03 AM, every morning for months. It would stop for a few months, then start up again and last for a couple weeks. Has not happened for years now (dads been gone for several years).

When in doubt or you feel "put off", don't ever be afraid to ask for help! Calm yourself and put your mind into the Prayer State and ask your loved ones for help (don't EVER ask them, or ANYONE for that matter to enter your soul or come into your body). The kind loved ones in your life will jump at the opportunity to help.

Sleep tight!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Britx

Well, ya know yesterday was Mother's Day, right?

Knocking is a classic way spirits try to get our attention. And since your kid picked her out of a lineup without seeing her before... Well... I think your Mom is trying to get your attention.
Maybe get a medium to come over and see what her message is?

Have you ever seen Long Island Medium on TLC? Make sure you get the real deal!

We had a knocking ghost in the house I grew up in. It banged really hard on the kitchen wall one morning when my mother was in there cooking breakfast. I had just walked in when the banging started. VERY LOUD! And then the bangs started moving off that wall to the bedroom wall, and ended up banging on the back door!
(It hardly ever did anything around anyone but me. This made me very happy because it FINALLY showed her I wasn't losing my mind all those years I was telling her about this type of thing happening while I was growing up there.) Anyway...
There were no pipes in that wall. On the other side of that wall were the steps leading down to the basement.
Everyone in the house always got that "being watched" feeling in the basement.

Go ahead and check everything out again. Maybe the new fixtures weren't installed properly. Then, if everything checks out okay, you may want to consider my advice at the beginning of this post.
Your Mom may have a message she is trying to convey.

edit on 5/13/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Here is a link to watch Long Island Medium
She is the real deal!!

www.tlc.com...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

The knocking in my bathroom has stopped because it's not too cold outside right now, but when it's cold outside and we have the heat on inside, I hear the knocking quite often. It's strange because it will knock when the toilet is used, as well as when the shower is used.

The knocking in the bedroom seems to happen any time, but again, normally it is cold outside, or even raining, and warmer inside. I'm thinking it's a larger pipe or vent of some sort.

With all respect to those who have answered so far...

Just call a GOOD plumber... and everything will be resolved.

If you keep reading some of the posts here you will only flip out for something that is totally mechanical and has nothing to do with wandering spirits etc...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I've been dealing with knocks and "snaps" in a firewall (we live in a condo, and that section of firewall juts out offset from the unit next door) for over three years now. I posted a couple threads on in there in the past. I've been in the crawl space above where the sounds generally happen, and it's clean as a whistle up there, with blown in insulation. I've even cleared that insulation out of the corner to make sure there's no fire hazard or electrical issues. There's just plain nothing there at all.

The knocks and taps have migrated to the downstairs TV set (one of those late 90's TVs that don't have the cathode ray tube, but not a digital display either), and happen when the set hasn't been on for many hours. They've also migrated to the dresser/vanity set in the bedroom. I've even had knocks "ricochet" from the wall corner to the dresser and back to the vanity, three knocks in quick succession. Pretty impressive.

I have no real idea what it is, even though I generally blame it on a friend of mine who passed in Jan 2009. Hell, after years of trying everything possible to determine what's causing it, she's as good an excuse as anything else.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

So is The Long Island Medium just like Lisa Williams???

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Books,
I'm telling ya.

You need to write more books.

*knock knock knock*

Get writing.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Books,
I'm telling ya.

You need to write more books.

*knock knock knock*

Get writing.

I've got a beaut called "A Troubled Sanctuary" that's being shopped right now. Paranormal and the nastiest business possible. I can't even let my daughter read it and she's 33 yrs old. Really fast and brutal. I was at a writer's retreat a couple weekends ago, and offered the 1st scene up for open review and two people hyperventilated and had to leave the room as I was reading it aloud.

I think it'd be a good NC-17 movie.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

WOW! It must be good.

Please U2U me when your book is for sale. I would like a copy.

Are these true stories?

Sorry, OP. Didn't mean to derail your thread.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by sled735

So is The Long Island Medium just like Lisa Williams???

Yes.

Do you like Lisa Williams?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I hear knocking on my ceiling a lot, even in the middle of the night.

No ghosts though, just the freakin' inconsiderate oafs who live above me.

Do you think I could have them exorcised?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join