It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Knocking

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Last night I was awoken by this knocking noise in the middle of the night, It was a little after 3 AM and I had been asleep since 11ish. I woke up, tried walking around the house, and I couldn't pin point where the noise was coming from. The knocks were spaced out, by maybe 10 seconds? I didn't time it. And I am not sure how long the lasted (I went back to bed after I did a quick walk around to make sure that everything was OK).

I went back to bed with a very un-easy feeling, and it took a few minutes to fall back asleep. When I woke up at 7, something felt off to me, like there was a negative feeling in the my room.

I had talked to a friend to see if she would come over and see if she felt it to (I obviously didn't tell her which room) Anyway, she said that the Knocking I was describing is usually a sign that someone may pass away.

Has anyone heard that before? I have been trying to look up some information, but All I see is “Three distinct knocks” and this was more than 3 that I was awake for.

Thanks- B

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Britx

I wouldn't worry Britx, it was probably a centipede with 3 wooden legs

Hope that makes you feel a little less stressed?

Probably just pipework or a mouse/rat having a scurry around.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
One thing to check out is "Water Hammering". It can be pretty creepy sounding if you don't know what it is.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Britx

So... just the one time? Any other "weirdness"? I don't mean your reaction or feelings about it, but other physical stuff you can hear or see? Need more detail. Haven't heard about the somebody is going to die thing.

It was a little after 3 AM...

"They say" thats Hi noon in the spirit world.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
my freezer does that every night

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

We just moved here in February.. The only other “Creepy” things I can recall would be this:

My two year old woke up a one morning in March and told me that she talked to my mother. (My mother passed in 2008, shes never met my mother).

The Toilet flushes by itself, and I do not mean the noise like it is, I mean weve seen the water going down (Havent caught anything in action though)

Other than that, that’s about it..

If I needed to be more specific on time I want to say it was between 3:00 and 3:15 that I woke up. I haven’t been sleeping very well since Friday really. Ive been tossing and turning the past few nights… Usually after 3 now that I think about it.

I never really believed in the “3 o’clock” thing too much though…

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I really didn’t want to think too much into this, but I cannot get it out of my head at all. It is all I have thought about all day.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Britx

I had a knocking spirit once. Actually sometimes it still happens if I need to pay attention to something.

Not saying that is what it is, but that DOES happen.
Especially if you are open to spirit contact.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I’ve never experienced this before. especially the un-easy feeling I woke up to.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britx
reply to post by intrptr

We just moved here in February.. The only other “Creepy” things I can recall would be this:

My two year old woke up a one morning in March and told me that she talked to my mother. (My mother passed in 2008, shes never met my mother).

The Toilet flushes by itself, and I do not mean the noise like it is, I mean weve seen the water going down (Havent caught anything in action though)

Other than that, that’s about it..

If I needed to be more specific on time I want to say it was between 3:00 and 3:15 that I woke up. I haven’t been sleeping very well since Friday really. Ive been tossing and turning the past few nights… Usually after 3 now that I think about it.

I never really believed in the “3 o’clock” thing too much though…

If your toilet is flushing by itself then change the flapper in it, If that doesn't fix it, call a plumber to change the water pressure regulator. If the regulator isn't working then your water pressure can get too high and cause water hammering. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that is probably what you heard.

I heard Water hammering one time and it sound like someone in heavy boots walking up old wooden stairs. Kinda freaky!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Britx

Have you had any experienced with spirits in the past? They leave a very creepy feeling sometimes. I always figured it was just because your energy field is picking up something out of the normal. It feels like a disturbance in the force for lack of a better explanation.
A very uneasy feeling.

Only you can answer this question for yourself, but maybe what you felt was fear caused by something that is not normally part of your day to day experience?
Like I said, it can feel very spooky.

But if you felt it was BAD, that would be different.
So far it is just knocking and creepy feelings, maybe when it happens again, just ask WHAT?!? And see what happens.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by anton74

Well thats the problem, Weve had all the parts replaced in March (Because the toilet was running) then we had the bathroom remodeled and ending up just getting a new toilet because I didn’t like how the old one looked (: I will look up water hammering now thank you!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Britx

I hear knocking in the walls of my bedroom and bathroom. I believe it has something to do with the interior pipes in the walls, perhaps due to expansion and contraction. So, try to determine if the knocks are in the general vicinity of pipes. Good luck.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Thanks for the advise. I didn’t feel scared, Things just felt off, like something wasn’t right. It wasn’t a dark feeling at all.

I haven’t experienced anything like this in my adult years. I remember some “Creepy” memories as kids, but it’s a little hard to decipher now, what was real and what wasn’t if that makes sense.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Thank you! I am going to investigate more if I hear it again. I didnt hear them at all this morning.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britx

Thank you! I am going to investigate more if I hear it again. I didnt hear them at all this morning.

You are welcome, and the knocking I hear is rhythmic as would be the case in an expansion and contraction event.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Yeah, always eliminate physical first.
Knocks could be pipes for sure.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
So far, none of the Water Hammering videos I have watched sound similar to what I have heard. Although I am assuming they can all sound different?

I will say it sounds kind of like Pipes Expanding and Contracting, my only problem with that theory is

A. No one else was awake, I am going to research if this can happen at any point (All the videos I saw were right after the Sink/Tub was being used).

B. It didn’t sound exactly the same, It sounded… Im going to say deeper/thicker than that. As if it was a knock from a larger male.

But I am not doubting either of them. I am going to see if it happens again tonight since I am sure I wont be sleeping well.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Britx

I heard some real weird knocking once.

I was staying in a hostel at the time and was about 14 years of age.

This girl I was sharing my room with was always going on about how she was bothered by (I suppose) spirits/entities, but she said a demon. Things at home would fly off her bedside table and out of her cupboard. I know priests were also involved. Much more I can't really remember, it was quite a few years ago.

She woke us (we were three girls sharing the room) up one night, in tears and terrified, shaking and shivering, saying something was knocking on her pillow. Now really, knocking on a soft pillow is impossible!, but wanted her to calm down and go back to sleep. So, we moved two beds together and made a double bed, got all together in the one bed holding her and comforting her, feeling #e scared!

The next thing, I hear knocking on my damn pillow! It sounded like my pillow was made of wood!

Needless to say, I #e myself and ran to the bathroom, refusing to get back into bed!

I must say though, that I have had many paranormal experiences in my life and know what is real and not. This was real!

I only wanted to share this, as your knocking reminded me of this event.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is the type of knocking sound I hear in the bathroom and less knocks in the bedroom.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join