It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 new diseases could both spark global outbreaks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
But this time we getting drug-resistant superbugs that are highly resistant to anything but the most toxic of drugs. The pharma can do nothing about it short of developing a science fiction technology called "Borg nanoprobes" which is probably still decades out of reach and a potentially dangerous technology to toy with like turning people into zombies.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
These are the ones that the WHO wants to share that there are outbreaks. They hit hard and fast, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

There are viruses out there that have no big symptoms, but then they get into some cells and you find yourself with diabetes or cancer in a certain amount of time. Those are the ones that scare me more than bird and beer viruses.

What are these time-oriented viruses dependent on? What you eat in relation to the rest of the population, where you congregate in relation to the rest of the population. Viruses only attack what they are already familiar with. What do they like the most? Protein. Choose your protein sources wisely in an epidemic.

What is strange about them (and believing this is optional) is that viruses have a homeopathic memory of their past victims. Every time I get a virus I have bad dreams about random people chasing me, almost like zombies, and this before symptoms manifest. What is a virus but a little antenna machine embedded in our bodies operating under the same frequency, creating a pathway of connected dots? That's messed up isn't it?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i dont believe anything will come of this.

thanks for posting though.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I saw this documentary yesterday about the early days of an Inluenza A virus, how it spreads and what the outcome might be. I found it really compelling.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
How does the Super Duper Moderator feel about all this?

I think the general consensus of members who posted in this thread is that it will blow over and do not give into the hype!

Am I wrong?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eisegesis

I feel the MSM is like the Boy Who Cried Wolf.....or Chicken Little

I fell for the first "OH NOES" we're all gonna die...pandemic coming!!!!!!!

The second one got me a little less tin-foil-y.
By now, well. maybe someday the big one will hit the earth. *shrugs*

But, the best thing is to keep your immune system in as good a shape as possible.....eat healthy, exercise.....wash your hands often...with regular soap and water....and go about living.
The fear that TPTB keep trying to foist on us can be a bigger killer than what they are trying to make us fear

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

That's what I'm talking about. Very well said.

From Lake Vostok's dirty drilling to BP's Synthia, it is only a matter of time. We're too quick to push thing onto the market without proper research. Rich dudes have that "as long as the world doesn't end while I'm alive, who cares" mentality.

They seem to be giving out history eraser buttons to anybody for a buck these days.

SAY HELLO TO SYNTHIA

In 2003, JCVI successfully synthesized a small virus that infects bacteria. By 2008, the JCVI team was able to synthesize a small bacterial genome. On May 6, 2010, JCVI revealed they had already created a self-replicating bacterial cell controlled by a chemically synthesized genome they named “synthetic Mycoplasma mycoides JCVI-syn1.0”. (7) This completely synthetic cell with its computer designed genome has absolutely no natural DNA. (1) The etc group from Canada named it Synthia and it contains added watermark chains to identify the genome as artificial. It also has antibiotic resistance indicators. (7) One can only speculate why this artificial bacterium has an inherent programmed capability to resist antibiotics.

This new life form has the ability to replicate itself and organically function in any cell into which it has been introduced. Its DNA is artificial and it’s this synthetic DNA that takes control of the cell and is credited with being the building block of life. This is the first self-replicating synthetic bacterial cell thanks to its computer generated DNA. All of the funding for this came from Synthetic Genomics Inc (1), the company BP has a sizable equity position and alliance with.

IT’S NOT WISE TO FOOL MOTHER NATURE
edit on 18-5-2013 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Key word "current."
FYI - Besides MERS/nCoV spreading around the world, Vietnam (for example) is on the alert because of H1N1's rapid mutations - and fears of it gaining genetic material from H5N1 and H7N9... If that happens, which it probably will, look out for yet another pandemic letter-number sequence.

S&F

top topics

<< 1   >>

join