It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INVELOX wind turbine produces 600% more power...I like this if true!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
phys.org...

As an example, they say that tests have demonstrated that the system operating in natural wind speeds of 10mph is able to increase that speed to 40mph before it enters the turbine. After passing through the turbine, the wind is exhausted back into the environment, in this case, at 15mph.

They also claim that installation capital is less than $750 per KW and that once up and running, the system costs just 1 cent per KWH—making it cost competitive with natural gas and hydroelectric plants. They also note that the system can be put in place and run without government subsidies and still be profitable.

Now the bad news:

Amid the optimistic clamor there is one dark cloud—no one outside of SheerWind has been allowed to test the system. For that reason, the claims made by the company are at this point, still just that. But, should the claims hold, the INVELOX could be a game changer

The venturi effect has been known for ages so depending on the structure I can not see why some of the claims are not valid....There would be allot of birds that could avoid becoming mince meat with this design; unlike others. Depending on the anchoring of the apparatus many of the large propeller designs could be avoided....Interesting

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It's horrible to be my first thought...I know it is.. I shouldn't think this way.. Really. Still? You know one of the single largest arguments against Wind Power is how birds get chopped like a giant propeller (which I guess they really are in that sense)?

What does that most look like...for shape, I mean, and in that general context? I do hope tweety wouldn't find it's way too close to that one. err..

As far as efficiency? Oh ..NICE on that! If that is all born out for numbers in independent testing? I'd say they may have just found a first generation prototype for a viable way of making this work!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Have we still not learned from our mistakes?

Name me one new energy device that was tested only in the lab , only by people in on the scheme that actually panned out?

Steorn Orbo?

Ecat (yeah yeah defenders here u come) still not demonstrated tho ..

etc..etc..

As I work with renewable's (commission and install them) i am very skeptical of this claim .. would be nice though..

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for the reply Wrabbit...I too have heard the arguments about Tweety being chopped and blocked. I would assume this design could use a screen or grate to keep the birds from roosting in the structure?....I just hope it is indeed as efficient as the claims made by the company.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Very nice.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It makes me wonder , if we could get all of our energy from wind power would this mess with the world weather at all?

I mean there is no such thing as free energy so by generating masses of electricity from the wind we would be effectively taking energy from the worlds weather system. While on a small scale this wouldn't make much of a difference if we got ALL of our power this way what would the the net energy loss to the worlds weather system? Would we be talking worldwide radically changed weather patterns?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
SheerWind Commercial Grade INVELOX-12-002 Model_02

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The killing of birds isn't as big a deal as some people say it is. I know a couple of electricians that work with a farm and they have to report everything they find. They don't look specifically for birds but have to report the do gooders that are out looking for birds and they do more damage to the enviorment and farms

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I wonder if you can put a turbo on that thing.
Get some more juice out of it.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

The design would allow for placing some energy efficient turbo fan in the venturi to increase the wind flow. The question would be how much juice would the turbo fan use and can you still end up with a positive power output. If a turbo fan could be added for increase in power output then you would basically only need the wind to get it started.....Hummmm good thinking but probably for some reason it won't work...it would be to good to be true etc etc...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I hope they are getting the power before the wind makes a ninety degree turn. That turn has to be robbing some of the energy.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jupiter09

Thanks for the videos, very nice.. the design is awesome allowing all directions to be funneled like that, just why not release the data? let independent testers in?

They cant be protecting the design its their for all to see in the vids and pics, i am not saying it does not work the way they claim it does.. I just have become skeptical when people withhold data and are probably funded elsewhere and need to secure next years backing.

I hope this works, like i say i install and commission these and solar Pv systems in the UK omg its so Windy here this type of technology would be perfect for my country and i would love to install em

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If you had one of the electric wind towers and the www.bbc.co.uk... for water you would be able to live almost anyplace with the proper storage of what you could collect.
edit on 14-5-2013 by 727Sky because: ......

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If that thing could exhaust air at a higher speed and at a higher energy, there's no need to put it outdoors, duh!

...You could simply recirculate the higher energy exhaust back to intake and it gets faster and faster and faster.....

....Unless there is something I don't understand...

new topics

top topics

join