It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have just lost control of our food supply . . .

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I hate anything in my food that has Soy in it except for kikkomens soy sauce. We shouldn't be eating soy anyway unless it is properly aged and brewed.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I hate anything in my food that has Soy in it except for kikkomens soy sauce.

Monsanto engineers more than just soy.

Here is a brief description from Monsanto's website:

• Agricultural Seeds: alfalfa, canola, corn, cotton, sorghum, soybeans, sugarbeets, wheat

• Vegetable Seeds: We offer the world’s vegetable growers more than 4,000 distinct seed varieties representing more than 20 species. Monsanto’s vegetable seed business serves open-field and protected culture customers through its brands: Seminis, De Ruiter Seeds and regional brands.

Just imagine corn alone!! High Fructose Corn Syrup is in everything!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

well that just can not be , for it is real then that means NWO is real and that we are under Gov Control,by Corporate Greed that should not be seen nor spoken of, for the laws are not to be known, the reason is to make all a criminal, and to collect fees others wise not imposed.

Growing food for ones self or for profit where all benefit from is the easiest way of doing it. all seeds must be deemed GMO, er Monsanto approved, did you not get the memo?

[ignorance is not an excuse the law tolerates!.]

Next on the hit list heirloom seeds form your grand dads mix, the ones he used to win the blue ribbon at the country fair
edit on 13-5-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kgnow

Ok, I hate Monsanto more than soybeans
Can't stand the company, I think all it's management and workers should go to He**

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
i dont think we ever had the right for our food, people always controlled the food. we need to grow all our own food.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

if i remember right the first gmo's would reproduce. and cross pollinate. this was the late 80's to 90's. 2000's
that was why monsanto went after the farmers. i did a search and can't find excalty when "terminator seeds" came into being.

at the time their was a up roar about it. all the right wing whacko shows on am radio were talking about monsanto and the killer gene's seeds. i use to listen to them. one reason why i was so interested in monsanto, they were one of the biggest employers where i live in pensacola fl. that was before all of the mergers and selling of of things, changeing the name to solutia in 1997. there is a lot about monsanto and solutia on the web google it.

here is a good wiki on it has a lot of info on monsanto. it even dshes out some drit.
Monsanto.
also did you know that monsanto use to own nurtrasweet. you know the company that gives you aspartame.

1999: Monsanto sold off NutraSweet Co

i should note that in 1985 monsanto purchased g.d. searle the patent holder for aspertame

here is a wiki on solutia. just a side note monsanto created solutia, in order to try and deflect law suits that were gonna come from pollution suits. the pensacola plant was one of the sites. i cant find what the settlement was, there was also a $700 million settle in Anniston, Alabama.
one link says $300 Million, one says $700

Monsanto and Solutia sign $700 million settlement

Monsanto's Global Pollution Legacy
this from the above link.

"Today, parts of Anniston are so contaminated that residents have been told not to grow vegetables in the soil, kick up dirt, eat food, chew gum or smoke cigarettes while working in their yards. 'Our children have to play in the streets, on the sidewalks, because they can't play in the grass because it's contaminated,' says resident David Baker. 'We have to wear masks if we cut our grass. Where else in the United States of America are people doing that?'" "In my judgment, there's no question this is the most contaminated site in the U.S.," says Dr. David Carpenter, a professor of environmental health at the State University of New York in Albany. [10].

Solutia

edit on 13-5-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

extra DIV

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

The new law will be passed but without any fine-tuning written in. They are going to leave blank the finer points of this law until after it's been passed, and write them in later. So, it seems they can move the goal-posts as much as, as often as, and at any time, they choose. We will have to abide by whatever they add to it, because it's already been passed.

It's outrageous.
edit on 13-5-2013 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Monsanto will be the target of the next bloody revolution, mark my words, and this type of business will be erased from the planet forever... It will not be pretty. It's disgusting how these guys do business and the world is catching on quickly.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
As I keep saying every time the topic of Monsanto comes up, they've done enough that the truth alone should be enough to hang them.

One shouldnt also have to LIE about them to make a case.

Originally posted by Cirene
Farmers have lost their farms to Monsanto for patent infringement because they've planted seed that has been cross-pollinated by Monsanto crops.

Not true. No such thing has ever happened due to "cross pollination".

Originally posted by Cirene
They're starting to win in Canada

The article you cite about Percy Schmeiser isnt telling the story in a truthful way.
Fundamentally, he lost. Completely, totally 100 percent. And that is because, if you take the time to read the court records about his case, then you see that his crop wasnt "cross pollinated", but was in fact 100 percent Monsanto product. The truth is that he planted the Monsanto seed, and got caught.

The "win" being referred to in that article has NOTHING whatsoever to do with original case, but is a dispute over $600 dollars, (yeah, just six hundred dollars) that he raised a decade later.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Hahaha. This has been going on in India for years. I think Monsanto actually sabotages the seeds they give them so that they are infertile. According to their website, they don't sell "terminator seeds..."

Monsanto Website

Sterile seed technology is a type of GURT in which seed produced by a crop will not grow. Dubbed “terminator technology” in the popular press, many have expressed concerns that sterile seed technology might pose a threat to the livelihood and way of life of small landholder farmers in developing countries. These farmers have saved seeds to plant the next crop for centuries. Monsanto has never developed or commercialized a sterile seed product. Sharing many of the concerns of small landholder farmers,

Monsanto made a commitment in 1999 not to commercialize sterile seed technology in food crops. We stand firmly by this commitment. We have no plans or research that would violate this commitment in any way.

This article is on saved seeds by Monsanto.

Monsanto: Saved Seeds and Farmer Lawsuits

Enforcing patent law is not much different from the enforcement of other laws. Most people respect the law. Often, honest citizens will report those who break the law. The same is true for patent infringement involving saved seed. The vast majority of farmers respect patent laws and honor their agreements to abide by that law. When one farmer sees another farmer saving patented seed, they will often report them. Many of the tips Monsanto gets about farmers saving patented seeds come from other farmers in the same community.

So... it looks like the only reason Monsanto isn't creating Terminator Seeds is because it would look bad, not because they care, so they have to find other ways to do the same thing.

But check out this article about Indian farmers at Global Research

Previously, farmers just replanted their own seeds and exchanged them among themselves. As with the forced enclosure of common land in England hundreds of years ago, ordinary farmers today are being denied access to their heritage too: the common exchanging, saving, evolving and breeding of seeds. By using various legal and political instruments, through seed monopolies and seed patenting, big agribusiness has taken over the cotton seed market, especially in India, where over 90 to 95 percent of all cotton is now genetically modified and controlled by big corporations.

They are more interested in profit than good business practices.
Case closed.
edit on 13-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Unreal. The subtlety gets less and less. And what will Monsanto do about if the farmers do just reuse? Are they going to have some kind of Agri-Cops roaming around with the right to see what kind of seeds were used?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli
Monsanto will be the target of the next bloody revolution, mark my words, and this type of business will be erased from the planet forever... It will not be pretty. It's disgusting how these guys do business and the world is catching on quickly.

A star for your thought... but it's only one head on the dragon.
I am no longer a religious person, it's another ruse. The real
enemy is just simple evil. The revolution will be fought between
good and evil, and won't be pretty. But dead's better than here.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Also look up food recalls for your state. I looked it up for mine because I felt sick after eating a catalope...it is stunning! the recalls and who knew!

Also the cantaloupe was recalled but so had many been in the several previous years!No one watching our food anymore.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Oil is nothing compared to food . Food is so much more valuable than Gold , second only to water and they are sowing that up too . Privatization of water you pump out of your aquifer belongs to some private organisation .
Codex Alimentarius is the food regulatory authority world wide . Population control by starvation has become a reality . Water Food and Gold in that order are the things the Banksters want to monopolise and are doing so .

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This is just the democracy that the US brought to Iraq, where this has been the way of it since the US invaded...
coming home to roost..like drones and ieds...and politicins for hire....
etc...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Who gave Monsanto the right to genetically tinker with our basic foodstuffs ?

Worse still, Monsanto should never have been allowed to achieve a monopoly in these matters.

Bribes, backhanders and political collusion / corruption spring to mind..

Yes, I know I'm being naive. Someone here will tell me that we can't feed the world without GMO's, that are pest and drought resistant, etc.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Unless you are a farmer who produces everything you consume you never had any control over your food supply. You really seem to have no idea how little control you have...over anything. So you lost the illusion of control. Whoopty doo.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
While I don’t think patenting any seed is legal, this case was about GMO soybean seeds that were resistant to Roundup Ready. The judge made a point of stating that this is not a precedent across the board, they’re obviously expecting more cases along this line so we better get vocal about it.

It’s funny that this came out when we’re being told to eat insects to avoid starvation. Gives us an idea of what tptb have in mind, doesn’t it?

The Supreme Court is not the final decider of what is or is not Constitutional – WE ARE. We created the Constitution, we created the federal government, we created the Supreme Court. We can impeach or remove people who break the law or abuse the limited authority we gave them.

The right to grow the food of our choice is a God-given/natural right. It isn’t in the Bill of Rights because it’s so freaking obvious.

If we’re going to follow the Constitution, the Supreme Court has no authority to rule on this. We only gave them a few particular areas of authority. Have a look at this website: publiushuldah.wordpress.com...
This lady is brilliant! She’s written about the Supreme Court, abuse of power, impeaching judges, etc… It’s very interesting, not to mention enlightening.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Strange post I've been around farmere for the last 50 years and never have known them to use seed that they grew the year before. Sounds like to me he had leftover seed. Not even sure if you could use last years seed in a cost effictive way

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
First we had the Monsanto Protection Act, which basically gives Monsanto free reign over creating genetically modified seeds.

If that wasn't enough, we now have a fresh hot-off-the-press, but barely publicized Supreme Court ruling that if a farmer grows using Monsanto seed, he cannot save some of the crop he grew to sew the next season because . . . get this . . . Monsanto owns the patent to those seeds.

Actually this has been going on for at least 10 years if not more.

Originally posted by Kgnow
Monsanto creates a dependency from their customers, because the farmers must pay royalties on the seeds and crops that sprout from the originally purchased seed.

Non-Monsanto farmers are being fined for natural wind, insect, and animal cross pollination. Imagine the poor farmer that gets a hefty penalty for never even planting a Monsanto seed. The wind or a honey-bee simply drops off a little Monsanto pollen and BOOM! Illegal use of a Monsanto product

It should be the other way around, Monsanto farmers getting prosecuted for not containing their gmo pollen.

Originally posted by GoalPoster

GMO isn't about making it bigger and better, rather it's about making sure the food supply is tightly controlled.

Think about it . . . this whole court case is based around a particular breed of soybean that is immune to the effects of the Monsanto product Roundup.

Ever spray roundup on something? How easy would be a mass dispersal of something akin to roundup that kills off everything exept what you want to survive . . .

Roundup (glyphosate) is no longer owned by Monsanto, their patent ran out in 2001 I think. You can buy lots of different brands of it off the shelves now. Interestingly it was about then that some plants started to show resistance to glyphosate and it is getting worse. What they have done is to take the genes from the resistant plants and insert them into crop plants so you can spray glyphosate right over the top of your crop and only kill the weeds. But because glyphosate can be made by anybody now, Monsatan wont sell you the seed alone, you have to buy a certain amount of glyphosate and fertilizer from them when you buy the seed.

So the technology to genetically modify organisms is becoming so mainstream now that anyone can do it, we did back in college one afternoon as a practical class, modified a previously non-resistant bacteria to be resistant to an antibiotic. It is getting to the point where genes can be read like a book, everyday more and more genes' functions are deciphered. How is this for a scenario: crop diseases sweep across the world and the only crops they don't kill are Monsatan's crops. Bees all across the world die off from new diseases but the only bees that don't die are Monsatan's bees. So if you want to grow food, you need to buy from Monsatan.

btw Monsanto is Italian or Latin for Holy Mountain.
edit on 14/5/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join