It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The False Prophets of ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
The Catholics get their crackers from the same warehouses that non-Catholic Christians get their's from.

Crackers?
Derogatory. Sounds like Jack Chick.

The SACRAMENTAL BREAD is made in many different places. Some come from companies that specifically make it. Some times it comes from religious orders, such as Benedictine monks, who make sacramental bread. Each parish obtains the sacramental bread from different places.

Obviously the sacramental bread is made with mundane earthly materials.

The consecration is what makes it different.

Catholics and Orthodox believe in transubstantiation .. where the elements appear the same but the host and wine are transformed into the Body and Blood of Jesus.

Episcopalians and some Lutherans believe in consubstantiation .. where the earthly elements of the bread and wine remain but Jesus is mixed in there somehow.

Then you get most of the rest of the protestants who think it's just a memorial meal or various degrees of 'jesus being present' spiritually .. etc etc

some eucharistic miracles through the centuries

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Sure ... but they sure love to reject things they don't like ... like when Jesus says ... AMEN AMEN ... which means 'listen up kiddos, this is important and I really mean it'.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Sure ... but they sure love to reject things they don't like ... like when Jesus says ... AMEN AMEN ... which means 'listen up kiddos, this is important and I really mean it'.

I didn't say He didn't mean it.

Okay then, I've always asked this and no one can answer me. What does Jesus taste like?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Umm. We aren't to put our trust in apparent miracles. Satan also can do them to deceive. That's why we are told to live by faith and not by sight. And if Jesus does in fact change the bread and wine into flesh and blood inside the person no one would know anyways, except perhaps if their stomach contents were analyzed.
edit on 15-5-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by truejew

No I do not think that the Church can corrupt it. they can only corrupt themselves.

The pharisees, prostitutes, and even Judas tried corrupting Jesus but the could not.

Jesus gave His Body and Blood even to Judas, but he sinned with the taste of the Passover Lamb still in his mouth.
He corrupted his own soul.

Teaching that bread and wine becomes actual body and blood... is corruption. Changing it from Passover to other days is also corruption

But it never does change to actual blood and flesh. The Catholics get their crackers from the same warehouses that non-Catholic Christians get their's from. The wine is from the same wine bottles.
edit on 15-5-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

I did not say it does.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Okay, I just added to your comment, I didn't claim you made an error.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Then I guess we agreed on something.

I will say that I do not use the crackers like the Catholics/Protestants. I make our unleavened bread.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Prophets are teachers. They receive visions or dreams from time to time, but a prophet's main function 99% of the time is teaching.

Peter Parker is a newspaper photographer 99% of the time....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Prophets are teachers. They receive visions or dreams from time to time, but a prophet's main function 99% of the time is teaching.

Peter Parker is a newspaper photographer 99% of the time....

Non sequitur.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Then I guess we agreed on something.

I will say that I do not use the crackers like the Catholics/Protestants. I make our unleavened bread.

We use that too. Cracker is just a figure of speech.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

We must be virtue, not just appear virtuous.

We must be humble inside and out and we must practice doing so.

For example: If I see a bee on the window next to me my first instinct is to kill it.
But charity tells me to respect the creature created by God, and then I shame myself for feeling more of a right to live comfortably than the bee does. So to teach myself a lesson in compassion and humility by catching the bee and let it go outside.

The appearance of virtue is also from integrity. One must be holy to say "be holy".
We must be an example to teach those who do not know. Jesus taught more by His perfect works than His perfect words.

As for being in debt, I meant that we all may fall into hypocrisy. Do to others what you would like done to yourself.

I would rather be reproached gently(which shows the virtue of one reproaching gently) than to be made fun of by someone who thinks they know better. Why would I think that such a person knows better if he does not practice compassion and kindness?

Be the image of Love itself inside and out.

When someone says something that you think is foolish, have compassion on them and understand them and where they are coming from, and do not pass judgement unless it is completely necessary. Be charitable and view each person as you would view yourself.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Corruption of material and tradition is not possible. Both are lifeless.

Only the spirit of man can be corrupted. The bread and wine become spiritual drink and spiritual food, so that my spirit may grow and be healthy and nourished.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Corruption of material and tradition is not possible. Both are lifeless.

Only the spirit of man can be corrupted. The bread and wine become spiritual drink and spiritual food, so that my spirit may grow and be healthy and nourished.

It does not seem to work for most Catholics I've met or read about.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Okay then, I've always asked this and no one can answer me. What does Jesus taste like?

That sounds to be in as poor taste as the Catholic joke I used to tell. Since it seemingly went over the heads of my audiences (why else would they not have laughed), I'll just cut to the punch line:

"And the priest heaved a sigh of relief and said: 'In that case, don't worry my son, it was only an accident.'"

When I was being tested for Lutheran(consubstantiation) confirmation, I had the same theological reservations as related by Fr. John A. Hardon, S.J

In the late eleventh century, to be exact in the year 1079 A.D., a certain French priest by the name of Berengar (more commonly known as Berengarius) was required to sign a solemn profession of faith in the Real Presence. His problem was that he was a theologian. As a theologian he had difficulties, which is not surprising. But what was unfortunate is that having difficulties he began to talk and teach and write about these difficulties regarding the Real Presence. His problem could not have been more fundamental. How is it possible, he asked himself, and he would ask his listeners and readers, for the same Jesus Christ, mind you the same, to be at once in heaven and also on earth? He was on earth, so Berengar said, during His stay before His death and even for a short time after His Resurrection, and then He ascended into Heaven! So He had been on earth, but He went to heaven. Where, then, he asked, is Christ? In heaven. Where can He also not be? He cannot also be on earth.
The Priesthood and the Eucharist

He relates this as if it were a singular problem, as if not all Christians have wrestled with this contradiction.

What if the doctrine of the bodily ascension were turned on its head instead of the true presence being denied?

It would look like this:
The spirit realm is no place for Earthly elements such as the elements that made up the body of Christ on Earth.

The body of Christ on Earth, from the time of inception, was none other than completely earthly mater, from his mother in the womb, at her breast, and later through grown up eating, drinking, and breathing.

As Jesus ascended, or maybe before, he was spirit, or had a new heavenly body, not Earth flesh.

Therefore, the atoms that made up his earth body remain with us here on Earth. Thus, the biosphere in which we live our mortal lives has not been depleted by his departure.

What does he taste like? The food we eat, the fluids we drink, and the air we breathe.

Of course there is more meaning in the eating and drinking if you remember what Jesus said on the night that he was betrayed.
edit on 15-5-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Because it brings one either to extreme virtue or extreme corruption based on how they use the Grace given to them.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Dude .. WHAT are you talking about?
My god ..
1 - I never said - The gist of which is "You are not making any sense, try life out again and get back to me when you reach adulthood - Why did you quote me as having said that when I never did?? 2 - When I say that I can't follow something that has been posted, then that's EXACTLY what I mean. Don't interject your own strange interpretations. I stated politely that I can't follow and to please rephrase it. Your snotty response was uncalled for.3 - Where did you get that I want mods to swoop in and 'rescue' me??? Don't attribute intent to my posts that aren't there. And anyone who has seen me post for the past nine years knows that your statement is ABSURD.4 - You act like I was pointing at you specifically. I wasn't. That's your own guilty conscience coming through. How very interesting.5 - As for being a 'bonehead' and not understanding that this is a religion forum ... :shk: .... of course it's a religion forum and people are going to talk religion, HOWEVER, there are those who come on here pushing their own religion and trying to get others to join their religion which is against the T&C of this site. That's a fact.

1. Sure you did. 2. Couldnt exactly quote you because you press reply and no one knows which post of theirs you are responding to. 3. You are very polite until you are challenged. 4. I can enterject any interpretations of your post "TO ME" in anyway I so deem to do so (MY THOUGHTFORM) never ever negative. 5. Those that see your posts should be standing in line heralding your rightiousness (right about now). 6. I have no need to act, I am a humanbeing, nothing else and need no script to read. 7. I dont attribute any intent (change) anyones posts to suite an agenda (and when/if I do it is OBVIOUS). 8. All humans are guilty of something, whether they like it or not "the Bible tells them So". 9. It is someones Job to correct the believers of a Faith System, and YOU ARE QUALIFIED/sanctified and the ordained gate keeper to this forum; THATS A FACT.
edit on 15-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

We must be virtue, not just appear virtuous.We must be humble inside and out and we must practice doing so.
For example: If I see a bee on the window next to me my first instinct is to kill it.
But charity tells me to respect the creature created by God, and then I shame myself for feeling more of a right to live comfortably than the bee does. So to teach myself a lesson in compassion and humility by catching the bee and let it go outside.The appearance of virtue is also from integrity. One must be holy to say "be holy".
We must be an example to teach those who do not know. Jesus taught more by His perfect works than His perfect words.As for being in debt, I meant that we all may fall into hypocrisy. Do to others what you would like done to yourself.I would rather be reproached gently(which shows the virtue of one reproaching gently) than to be made fun of by someone who thinks they know better. Why would I think that such a person knows better if he does not practice compassion and kindness?Be the image of Love itself inside and out.
When someone says something that you think is foolish, have compassion on them and understand them and where they are coming from, and do not pass judgement unless it is completely necessary. Be charitable and view each person as you would view yourself.

If I were truely virtuous I would be invisble and glide through this existance unnoticed, as my 360 degree fully formed self would have been compromised, the entire opposite nature of myself would be hindered and not allowed to express itself. One can TRY to be virtuous and hopefully be allowed to fail occasionally in the attempt. I do not possess the idea of entitlement to reproach anyone in a judgemental manner. I believe that is the purpose of humor to do so, (language) not only gentle but funny (in there is an instant disapation/defusing of any missunderstanding) I wonder what wittisism I could tell Satan and get at least a half smile, a recognition of the irony we humans live with regarding God, our nieghbors and our relationship with both. I recognise the likeminded, I do not give myself unnecessary charity as I am here to learn; I view every person as my sibling as we share the same PARENT, an in so being are equals (same gameboard playing from).

edit on 15-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Well I must say that half of the things you say I do not understand, nor have I heard of them.

But I do know that we must nourish the seed inside us. It is Jesus that we have in us and it is Jesus that we must live with. Virtue and faith make us grow and there is little room for dishonesty. Dishonesty is the darkness that invades when the plant must grow.

Peace to you and all beings, vet.

May all beings grow.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
1. Sure you did. 2. Couldnt exactly quote you ..

2 - NO I DID NOT post what you said. 2 - You didn't quote me exactly ... so you admit you LIED and put something I totally did not say. To rewrite a quote is to post against the T&C of the site. I suggest you go re-read the rules and learn how to post. Knock it off!

ON TOPIC

I see a lot of posts where people judge what is wrong (and I do not exclude this from being one of them)
but there are not enough posts where people teach what is right.

As I said .. I believe it's a matter of people thinking they are 'teaching what is right' but no one really knows what the 'right' thing is. It's like when people run around the boards screaming 'blasphemy' ... it's ridiculous. Everyone has in their own mind what 'blasphemy' is and they think they are right ... but everyone can't be right about their version of 'blasphemy'.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I don't know what Jesus tastes like,

But God smells like rain.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join