It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apology of darkness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I never saw it as "loving" the negative emotions; only accepting them.

Love itself is a positive emotion.

You can love, or you can hate. You cannot love to hate. You can hate, and you can accept that you hate.

The end result is still the same though: not negating half of who you are, just because it is scary, painful, or difficult to make sense of.

All emotions have a time, and a place, or else we would not be able to feel them. That is one of the best lessons anyone can learn in life.

To everything (turn, turn, turn)
There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

I will give you an example:

suddenly you react to a life event with hate.
You are aware and so you say: i am full of hate right now.
Usually people will condemn themselves for feeling hate and will try to remove it, not accepting the feeling.
What i propose is this: you acknowledge your hate and then you say to your hate: ok my friend, you can stay, i love you, you are part of me, stay as long as you like, we are friends.

Now what?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I would suggest that you have accepted the hate, not that you love it.

Loving something means encouraging it.

Accepting is just an acknowledgment.

When I feel hate, or wrath, or anger, I do not want more of it; I only want to accept that the time and place for it is appropriate.

So no, I still stand by my stance of "accepting" not "loving" hate and other negative emotions.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

So then, I'll ask you the same question I asked Manuela:

If you were burning in hell for all eternity. Would you love that pain and suffering?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
You love being

being is all

and what you describe are just perceptions

when one is divided into thinking about love and hate, good and evil

one is simply divided

when one is whole, one sees through the concept of differences, separation by definition

if one were to know only suffering, with no end, torture, with no end, then this would become the base standard, and one could not know what is not suffering, so suffering, or torture, would not be suffering or torture, it would merely be existence, and that organism would merely live like we live here, for a moment, and then we pass on

but as beings that can see the difference in this reality, it would be good to cultivate what is beneficial for self and others, since we know what suffering is, it would be good to cultivate that which brings us out of the bonds of suffering in this reality

do not seek to love hate, but see it as a poison, when one draws out the poisons of the mind, it is purified

to cultivate, one must fully understand, and through understanding there is acceptance

liberation is won through love, patience, wisdom, discipline

and yes, one sees, that the path to get there is through understanding all, accepting all, denying the illusion of dualism

then one is no longer divided, but made whole, and one can finally rest in peace

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Its not Manuela, can you read? I think you are doing it on purpose.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

So you want to love your enemy? But you cant love your negative emotions?
You love your enemy and you expect your love to touch him and help him get better, you wish to transform him.
With negative emotions happens the same.
Its the same logic, the same purpose, the same wish, turn hate into love.

Do you get it now? Or do i need more to explore this more?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
yes, transformation, through awareness of its existence as of now, but not through acceptance of its continued existence

the transformation happens by seeing that all emotional and thought phenomena are related, interconnected, and part of one, its just a matter of perception and utility

one does not love the hate the enemy shows, one loves the enemy, the enemy is note hate, hate is just a production, a process, not the cause or the root

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by arpgme

So you want to love your enemy? But you cant love your negative emotions?
You love your enemy and you expect your love to touch him and help him get better, you wish to transform him.
With negative emotions happens the same.
Its the same logic, the same purpose, the same wish, turn hate into love.

Do you get it now? Or do i need more to explore this more?

I understand what you say.

And after doing some thinking, even if a person is set to be hurt forever, I think hurting for ever with love is better than hurting forever with hate/anger. So, even with pain love can numb it and makes things better.
I think I understand what you say now.

And sorry about the name. Yes, I can read. I read your name as it really is "Manula" but for some reason I keep forgetting and saying "Manuela". It was not done on purpose. I guess I am more used to seeing "Manuela" as it is a more common name and therefore my mind keeps messing your name up.
edit on 16-5-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Ok, no problem. Saying the name wrong is a way to mess people up, but i guess its not your case.

I admit that my OP was not very clear.

The purspose is always the same.

Where there is light, darkness disappears, darkness is only absence of light. Likewise, if you bring love to the situation to which you react with negative thinking and negative feelings, or if you bring love to the negative feeling itself, love will takeover, as light always makes darkness disappear.

But i guess this was not clear.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by InhaleExhale

So then, I'll ask you the same question I asked Manuela:

If you were burning in hell for all eternity. Would you love that pain and suffering?

Only the experience can answer.

However that is a dualistic experience that has nothing to do with darkness or nothingness.

Darkness is where the source resides, its is a unit no dualistic principles or concepts, there is only darkness or nothingness and all is part of the nothing. to have love or hate introduced to this darkness/nothingness one needs light as the light is what brings suffering and pain at the same time it brings joy and love.

This is why the devil was said to be light bearer as with light we were shown both the love and horror that we are capable of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join