It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prometheus - Alien connection.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
After watching the movie Prometheus again in the background while browsing the web I made a dicovery about the possible relation between the movie as a prequel of the famous Alien movies. It is striking imo. I'm not sure if it is allready on the web but as Movies on ATS is in the BTS it is no problem to repost I assume.

My phone does not allow uploads of pics on ATS (flash 11.1 keeps crashing) I hope someone can upload the for me.

Prometheus image of the spaceship used by the aliens:

A screenshot from the first Alien movie from 1979:

Wow.

Edit: I hope the pics work this way

edit on 13-5-2013 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

Prometheus was directed by Ridley Scott and it is a prequel to the Alien franchise.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

SPOILER ALRT
Well, there is an Alien in at the end of the movie, isn't there?
Don't think there has ever been any doubt to whether or not the was a prequel.

The big ugly monster thing that is extracted from the female lead in the operating room, which eventually eats that other Alien guy who tries to kill her, after they wake him up, at the end, that monster gives birth to an Alien. So it turns out that Aliens like from the original movies, are a hybrid of our creators and the perfect weapon.

A bit scary.
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Next thing you know, That Darth Vader will be some annoying kid in a movie on a moon somewhere...

I tell ya, it's uncanny !!!

Oo

-- eta

I think OP is playing us..
His name is mocking me with it's letters and arrangement. Posing as an uncertain truth, leading us all into temptation, and never ever to salvation...

edit on 13-5-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I haven't searched in depth but as I remember the discussions from a year ago Ridley said he did not want to touch the masterpiece Alien so prometheus was flirting with it.

Spaihts wrote a script for a prequel to the events of the Alien films, but Scott opted for a different direction to avoid repeating cues from those films. In late 2010, Lindelof joined the project to rewrite Spaihts's script, and he and Scott developed a story that precedes the story of Alien but is not directly connected to that franchise. According to Scott, although the film shares "strands of Alien's DNA, so to speak", and takes place in the same universe, Prometheus explores its own mythology and ideas.

wikipedia

I loved both movies, well the movie Prometheus and the series Alien. I just wanted to share the images of the spaceships used in both movies. As Alien, the first one, was ages ago since I saw it I did not even remember the ship they saw in that movie. If someone reminded me about Alien I thought of the image H.R. Giger created for us.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

Yes I'm curious how things will develop in Promtheus 2

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
The movie Prometheus was a very good movie. There were flaws, but I enjoyed it because it didn't have to be too over the top to impress me. I recall reading on Wikipedia entry for the movie there are plans for a sequel that will help explain the events before the movie Alien. Which would be cool to see the two movies are connected. After all the story takes place in the same fictional universe.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

You got me... at least my name gives a clue and I dont exaggerate.

But really you DID remember on what ship Ripley first met with the Aliens? And I'm not talking about the cargotrailer from earth but the crashed ship with the beacon?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I don´t know where the OP is going with this thread. If the OP had done some research he/she would have found out that it is the same director who did Aliens who also did Prometheus, Ridley Scott.

Allthough Prometheus isn´t a direct prequel to the original Alien movie, it is set in the same "movie universe", as is the 2nd, 3rd and fourth alien movies.

The things that happens in Prometheus isn´t what lead us to the story of the Alien movie, but Ridley was trying to answer some of the questions about the "alien universe", but instead created more question than answers.

The ship where Ripley´s crew first finds the egg´s in is owned by the "Engineers" as they call them in prometheus, or discjockeys as they are also called. The story is that they where planning a mass extinction or a test of a new biological weapon, the Aliens. On its way to some destination, the ship they find in the original Alien, crashed, with it´s cargo of WMD (Aliens) . The ship in Prometheus was headed to earth with its deadly cargo, or so they believe.

edit on 13-5-2013 by Nettlas because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2013 by Nettlas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

I did do some research, although a little, but I only read about comparisons between the earth bound spaceships and their correlations. i did not find any link providing the pictures of the Alienship from both Prometheus and Alien. So i just wanted to show that, thats all. Just comparing the images

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

possible relation between the movie as a prequel of the famous Alien movies

Possible?

Have just yesterday woken up from 100-years slumber?

Prometheus actually is made as a prequel of the Aliens franchise. No mystery there. And yes...alien connection is solid. Take 2 points for this "discovery".

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

/me slaps Nettlas around a bit with a large trout.

Space Jockeys. .. lol Disk Jockeys..

Boomtishboomtishboomtish, 'aight!!!!

Oo oh hang on, planetary discs.. oO

*confused and bewildered*

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Dumbass

Just kidding, not much of a movie geek are ya?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
reply to post by Nettlas

/me slaps Nettlas around a bit with a large trout.

Space Jockeys. .. lol Disk Jockeys..

Boomtishboomtishboomtish, 'aight!!!!

Oo oh hang on, planetary discs.. oO

*confused and bewildered*

HAHAHA
yes, you are 100% right, lol, that is what happens when your hobbies spill over in to your thoughts as you write stuff, silly me

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The things that happens in Prometheus isn´t what lead us to the story of the Alien movie

I don't see why not. No reason (other than world name) the alien ship in Prometheus can't be the source of the aliens for the other films.

In any case, you could easily use the same logic, just that this particular "Engineer" ship carrying the bio weapon crashed on a different planet (LV-426 for Aliens, vs. LV-223 for Prometheus). Prometheus would have to be prior to Alien, because in Prometheus, they hadn't heard of the xenomorph before.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Prometheus was great, even though I expected a little more.

It more or less introduced, I believe, the Ancient Alien Theory- Earth was terraformed and colonized by Ancient 'Astronauts' from a different planet, and created the human through genetic engineering.

I believe I was looking for 'The Anunnaki' when this came out, and it is a close substitute.

If Prometheus has a sequel, I think the Ancient Alien will be far more present.
edit on 18-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

(Bump) cause I love this Ridley Scott Ancient Alien theory.

top topics

join