It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Nazi treasure buried in Denmark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Secret Nazi treasure
Today one of the national Danish tabloids are bringing a story about a former Nazi soldier, whom allegedly helped bury some mysterious crates, in the outskirts of Denmark at the end of World War 2.

The article is in danish, so I'm not gonna share a link with you, but I'll try to give you the most important information.

Background info
The soldier's name is Wilhelm Kraft, he is 90 years old. He was wounded at sea during the war, and was hospitalized here in Denmark. Once he had fully recovered, he was stationed at a small town called Asaa, in northern Jutland, along with 47 other young men.

They were ordered to dig two big holes in the ground. Approximately 13 feet deep, 13 feet wide, and 20 feet long. They lived at a local school during the dig, and worked from early morning to late evening. The area was guarded, and only military personal was allowed access.

Map of Denmark [LINK]
The town in question is located north-east of Aalborg, by the sea. (upper left corner)

Once the dig was complete at train arrived. It had 3-5 carriages, all filled with different sized wooden crates. (I imagine something like the secret warehouse at the end of the Indiana Jones Raiders of the lost Ark movie.)
The train was heavily guarded, and it was only by coincidence that Wilhelm got a peak inside one of the cars. Once the train had arrived he and the rest of the young soldiers were send back to Germany to fight at the front. Wilhelm believes he is the last surviving person with knowledge of this, and even though he has a good health, he knows he wont live forever, which is why he finally decided to share it.

Gold stolen from the Jewish people?
He himself believes that it is various artifacts, stolen from the Jews during the war. But doesn't make any big claims about what the content might be.
He has returned to Denmark, and believes he has located the place they buried it, and is now asking the authorities to help him dig it up.

He might be right. But I am sharing this story because I am curious if anyone else is aware of interesting stuff that might have gone missing during WW2? Military tech, art, etc..

Denmark was occupied with ease back then, and there was never very much fighting going on in Denmark, so it would have been a safe place to bury something valuable.

I'll keep you posted if any interesting info turns up, like if they start excavating or they find a buried Nazi UFO. How cool would that be.

edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

You are assuming that the people that buried it did not come back in say 1950 and dig it up a bit at a time.

This is the real problem, with the number of people that knew of the dig, someone should have dug this up a long, long time ago.

P

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I am from Denmark, so i would really like a link, and people in here can use Google translate if they want to to read it

Now, where is my showel

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Hey Mia... I'll get to it before you! If it's in northern Zealand that is.... hehe.

Yes please share the link, I think we are more Danish people here than one might think.

EDIT:

Found it... apparently the treasure is in Norhtern Jutland around Vensyssel. Gogogo

TV2

Link to the location he's reporting it to be at:

Asaa in Nothern Jutland
edit on 13/5/13 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

Hadn't seen that other link. Interesting.
Here they say that it might be a lost Russian treasure of Ember the Nazis stole from Saint Petersburg.

reply to post by Mianeye

Didn't know there were so many danes on ATS.

Here is the [LINK]

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Yes, I do assume no one dug it up. But i agree that someone might have.
I failed to mention this, but it happened during the summer 1944. So I doubt it could have been dug up again during the war. I might have been dug up afterwards, but since most of the people involved with the digging was send back to war, it is safe to say that the secret could have died with them.
The Nazis who might have know about it, who survived the war, most likely didn't have the means to dig it up again. I would imagine. We are talking about a huge excavation, and Denmark is a small country. Something like that would have been noticed by the locals.

If anything was ever buried in Asaa, I wouldn't be surprised if it was still there.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

This would be an interesting historical find if whatever has been buried actually is discovered... (and eventually brought to public knowledge).

However, i am looking forward to reading about the lawsuits that will be filled by those who will start claiming that it belonged to this and that and such and such a person (May the official Greedy games commence!!!)

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 13-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

There is that, but a group of 'experts' on Argentinian passports doing some research on prehistoric settlements perhaps. Some bribes! Anything is possible. Germans wanting war graves excavated so the remains can be returned home. Lots of ways to do it.

P

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

I often wonder where all the missing treasures that the third Reich collected from around the world for World Capital Germania,

Turns out some of it may be in my own home Country, The race is on, though i may be abit delayed, currently abroad

Be sure to take lots of pictures if you guys actually go to try and find it.
If there is metal then can a metal detector penetrate 5 meters of dirt?

Namaste.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
nice sharing. keep it up.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Right.... Danish Tabloids...... I bet this story ends something like this very similar sounding story....

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Hah, wouldn't be surprised if it did.
Actually thought of that episode of Simpsons too, when I first read the article.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Are you refering to the Amber Room that was once described as the eighth wonder of the world?

en.wikipedia.org... The nazis looted it from from St Petersburg in 1941

How cool would it be if they dug that up?
edit on 14-5-2013 by dashdespatch because: typo

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Yes, Amber Room.. Sorry. I wrote ember. Haha.
But that is exactly what I am referring to. I had never heard of it before. But it would be very exciting if they found it.

It's actually a bit curious that they haven't been able to find this Amber treasure. Sounds like something that wouldn't just disappear. Unless of cause it was scattered right away.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

It was taken to Konigsburg castle in Germany and towards the end of the war there were reports of large crates being loaded on to trains. Could this be the boxed up Amber Room on its way to Denmark?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

It was taken to Konigsburg castle in Germany and towards the end of the war there were reports of large crates being loaded on to trains. Could this be the boxed up Amber Room on its way to Denmark?

hah, when you say it like that, you kinda sound like the speaker from Ancient Aliens. But sure, I guess it could. So far there hasn't been anything new reported about it.
But most of our national news outlets picked up the story yesterday. So I imagine we'll hear more, if they actually find something.

Would be wicked cool if they found the crates, and they contained the treasures of the Amber Room.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I'd sure like to see what comes of this. I believe I read that the Nazi treasury was never recovered, and there is a suggestion out there that the treasure associated with Rennes-le-Château is just that. Let's see what's in Denmark. I have a shovel...just no plane ticket.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
No, it's in the swiss banks. Thery hid a lot of money there during WWII

top topics

join