It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why No Disclosure Yet?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
See it as two reasons.

1. There is nothing to disclose.

2. The truth is so frightening they will hold off for as long as they can.

Frightening to who is up for debate on the 2nd one.

3. Authentic disclosure involves revealing national security operations which the authorities do not want to disclose. On the record, the CIA historian has revealed that a significant number of historical "UFO" sightings were in fact CIA and other intelligence gathering missions. These are the ones which have been declassified. There are certainly others.

4. If there are E.T.'s responsible for some UFO's, then these E.T's do not want disclosure and have made powerful and credible threats against earth-based authorities deterring them from any substantial disclosure.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

Then maybe the aliens should get the hell off our property. A few hundred or even a few thousand aliens with the best weapons don't stand a chance against 8 billion humans armed even with butter knives. That is why they want to depopulate earth via their proxies in government and masonry.

Nobody likes traitors! What technology did they give us? Computers and cell phones? Geez that is something alright, like people can't live without it. Maybe they should have given us free energy or space vehicles but then they wouldn't be able to choke us and herd us like cattle for slaughter. They only gave us nukes and death ray satellites to be used against humans fighting each other like retarded cavemen...oh my religion is better than your religion.

come on, people can't be that obtuse. We see hollywood movies, we play video games, we do research on the internet, smart people can put the puzzle together. Something wicked in the air for thousands of years, its nothing new. time to wake up fast!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
Seriously? The majority of people around the world firmly believe in UFO's and extraterrestrials and more and more credible people are coming forward backing their existence (Citizens Hearing On Disclosure and UFO's). Why doesn't The President address the topic to the world once and for all? It wouldn't cause a crisis like some would believe, it is already widely accepted that they're real. When it comes to Religion, you can say that there's still a God, or Allah, or whatever you believe in and the existence of other beings wouldn't change anything as they too were created by someone. Any true person of faith would be open-minded and smart enough to know that we are not the be all and end all when it comes to the universe. Space is crazy big, like, you can't even possibly imagine how big it is. You think we're alone? Give me a break.

It's 2013 already, let's get the truth once and for all and work together to make ourselves better as people. We're still a Type 1 civilization, think of what we could achieve with the technology acquired by putting it to good use instead of evil.

Unfortunately the United States is ruled by the military. It has a progress through defense mentality and there is a huge bureaucracy of secrecy. I'll start a thread about UFO beams when I'm able to and compare it to programs by various defense contractors trying to replicate ET-tech.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
One logical answer I would consider is that The US government doesn't have a full understanding themselves and they would consider that a weakness announcing that so it is in their best interest to keep a lid on what they do know.

The US always wants to be the #1 power on the planet and if they disclose that there is in fact things that exist that they do not have any control over, that can soften their world image. The problem with disclosure could be:

1: They don't even know how to explain what they would be disclosing.

2: It takes away power (as explained above)

Just my opinions of course. I was only using the US in my statement because I personally feel that other world governments are more open to a full disclosure and it seems that the US is more reserved on the subject.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

I'm going to be brutally honest here I'm sorry to any emotionally sensitive people who may take offense and mount a counter strike. They've disclosed for years. The problem is when they disclose they also cover it up with counter arguments. So that the people who are mentally not capable of handling such knowledge can live in peace without worrying themselves into strokes. You could make an argument that those counter arguments are like bibles.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Then you are blind are like many refuse to accept the truth ..

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I always laugh at this disclosure situation.

Wanna know why? Because it has already happened but was misinterpreted. The books Genesis and Enoch were the first honorable mentions. In this era, the advanced "gods" of mankinds past have been covertly hidden from public knowledge until recently (as in this past century). Now due to a rise in awareness, it's steadily coming to light. The origin, destiny, and overall purpose of humanity is intertwined with dimensional shifts, secrets of DNA, the soul matrix, and obtaining higher levels of consciousness. At the epicenter of all of this are........you guessed it......extraterrestrials. Multiple factions who have existed far longer than humans and have comprehended the complexity of that which I have just described.

Not having disclosure at this present time is due to conflicting interests and agendas from those who have ulterior motives and the power to shape the future of mankind. The end result can be catastrophic, or it can go the rightfull way it was intended. I will say that eradicating ignorance is the first step towards the desired positive outcome.

To make a long story short, this goes beyond what most of the people on Earth can perceive, and spans back eons. Earth and it's inhabitants are but the corner piece of a much larger galactic puzzle.
edit on 13-5-2013 by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
Just because a lot of people around the world want to believe in aliens doesn't make it so.
I think the most likely reason for no disclosure is the fact their is nothing to disclose.

I have been on vacation this week in Sedona , AZ taking pics under the night sky and looking up at the Milky Way I want to believe that someone is looking back. To this point though i have not seen one picture or video of a UFO/ALIEN that could not be explained in some other manner. Not a single picture that is crystal clear, not a single video with no distortion.

Sorry but for me the simplest answer explains it no matter how disappointing that answer is.

Bingo!
The truth hurts. But as long as there is "debunkable/question evidence" in the age of hoaxes there will be no disclosure..

I posted this before in another topic..

Sure odds are we not alone in the universe.. But there maybe bigger odds that they have never visited us.
Have to wonder why is a supposingly greatly advance civilization is not making itself known to us. They surely should not fear our military, our governments or our cultures.

Some believe that ours "religion are holding us back."All while relentlessly promoting on his/her own beliefs of "space brothers returning/ or space fairies bringing peace and unicorns".. Irony/Hypocrisy whatever.

I'm starting to wonder whats the rush. I hope if/when we do make contact or disclosure we aren't going to blindly
think they come in peace.

edit on 13-5-2013 by Blahable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by essanance
reply to post by opethPA

Then we have believers like this poster who rather insult others, rather then respect an opinion. A person like this gives those who are open to the idea a bad name.

People who like this guy who probably can't show one bit of undebunkable proof. Who is probably gullible and gets all his proof from the books, websites, videos and photos of fuzzy lights in the sky, and history channel specials, whose producers are rolling in cash from their hype up to the 2012 doomsday failure and who is probably as we speak probably producing the next "special" based on what the gullible and stupid want to believe.....

Who are the "sheep" exactly?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
I learned about compound words back in the second and third grades, but I wasn't taught all of them. We learned that compound words are comprised of shortening existing words and putting them together to form a new word.

They are telling us. We aren't always paying attention, though. So many distractions on this planet....

UFO buffs want full disclosure. Are flying saucers/discs low to the ground, yes or no? Maybe the answer is sure.

DISC LOW? SURE
DISC LO SURE
DISCLOSURE

Perhaps our grade school teachers were telling us the truth???

Or perhaps:

Disclose? Sure!

Or...

Disc close? Sure!
edit on 13-5-2013 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Space being "so big", works both ways. It also precludes interaction of divergent life.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

You're not calling my third grade teacher a liar, are you?

Then why are tax dollars spent on such things as cryptology in psyops?

There are two schools at Goodfellow Air Force Base. One of them isn't the Fire Academy. I spent well over a decade in the military. Minus the nearly four years I spent in warzones, most of the rest of that time I served in Nevada.

I don't think we are alone. I have what I'd call more than faith, and more than belief, that one day science will catch up with religion..... and primates may start to ... know that somewhere, sometime... time travelers started time travelling.

edit on 13-5-2013 by ILikeStars because: decided to say what may be too much.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
Just because a lot of people around the world want to believe in aliens doesn't make it so.
I think the most likely reason for no disclosure is the fact their is nothing to disclose.

I have been on vacation this week in Sedona , AZ taking pics under the night sky and looking up at the Milky Way I want to believe that someone is looking back. To this point though i have not seen one picture or video of a UFO/ALIEN that could not be explained in some other manner. Not a single picture that is crystal clear, not a single video with no distortion.

Sorry but for me the simplest answer explains it no matter how disappointing that answer is.

Sorry, was slow to pick up on this, part of the problem is though, despite no definitive pics or video (in your opinion, I believe that some videos and pics are very strange), there is no answer, it's not a case of a bad answer or a correct answer, there is no answer. There are way too many reports with no answers (that's just the ones we know about and it's widely believed that the stuff that has been released, especially here in the U.K., is stuff that was already available, these aren't even Top Secret cases). So what about the cases that are Top Secret?

Outwith the above reasoning, governments lie, it's a proven fact and nothing would surprise me if they were using UFOs as a propaganda cover for secret missions. Problem is though, there's a lot of different governments saying the same things about UFOs, they exist, they appear intelligently controlled and there are no prosaic explanations as to what they are.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by essanance
reply to post by opethPA

I see so because I don't just believe and actually want irrefutable proof that makes me blind?
The only one that seems blind to me is a person that refuses to accept what other people believe as being possible.
Please keep being blind .

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DistantThunder
Space being "so big", works both ways. It also precludes interaction of divergent life.

I highly respect this statement, although I may not agree with it. It certainly complicates first contact. But, then again, the largest geoglyph on this planet may indeed be the entire Western shoreline of the continents of North & South America. Of course many may believe this to be some form of pareidolia on my part, and they may be correct....

But on a flat world map, the pacific ocean seems to strongly resemble the profile (side view) of us... the face of a primate, an ape, or a chimp....

edit on 13-5-2013 by ILikeStars because: yep.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Respectfully, because I think disclosure requires tangible proof, not just the testament of witnesses, and there is no tangible proof...is there ?

( Doesn't anyone find it incredible that aliens have ( Allegedly.) being visiting earth for thousands of years, yet there is not one piece of tangible evidence...isn't that amazing ? )

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Why no disclosure yet?

Give it some time..."They" are still busy pushing documents with evidence through the shredder, hidding the money from their bankaccounts and searching for safe haven before they are called before a judge.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

Respectfully, because I think disclosure requires tangible proof, not just the testament of witnesses, and there is no tangible proof...is there ?

( Doesn't anyone find it incredible that aliens have ( Allegedly.) being visiting earth for thousands of years, yet there is not one piece of tangible evidence...isn't that amazing ? )

The English language is a lot more than left to right. They were NUDE in the garden of EDUN, where MAN was created to NAMe things....

Lose Cipher?

A cipher is a key to unlocking a code. Funny thing about that bible book thingy. When we apply the verses of the book to the verses of the book .... and apply it to the names of things as well... we can literally read the future.....

Reality: Patrick Stewart is a real person. He exists.
Science Fiction Captain Jean-Luc Picard is a character in Star Trek The Next Generation tv series, and in Star Trek movies.

Sir Patrick Hewes Stewart, OBE (born 13 July 1940) is an English film, television and stage actor, who has had a distinguished career in theatre and television for around half a century. He is most widely known for his television and film roles, such as Captain Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation and its successor films..
Wikipedia's Patrick Stewart Article

Reality: Christopher D'Olier Reeve is a real person. He existed.
Science Fiction Superman is Science Fiction, who Christopher Reeve played in the movies.

Christopher D'Olier Reeve[1] (September 25, 1952 – October 10, 2004) was an American actor, film director, producer, screenwriter, author and activist. He achieved stardom for his acting achievements, including his notable motion picture portrayal of the fictional superhero Superman.
Wikipedia's Christopher Reeve Article

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Simples - the extraterrestrials have told the President that they must adhere to the Prime Directive!

en.wikipedia.org...

Seriously, though: while I don't doubt that somewhere in the universe other intelligent life exists, I do doubt that they'd want to get too close to us. We're a mess. It wouldn't surprise me if our planet was placed in quarantine until our species figures out how to stop killing each other.

Everyone seems to be waiting for the President of the USA to formally announce disclosure. Why him? If the aliens were here, and wanted the human race to know it, there's nothing stopping them taking matters into their own hands. The fact that this hasn't happened means either:

1) that they're powerless to do so (unlikely, IMO), or

2) that they could do so if they wanted, but choose not to

If it's number 2, then this is either for negative reasons (i.e. they're hostile, secretive, and don't want us to know what they're doing), or positive reasons (i.e. they're aware of the implications of interfering, and are leaving it up to us to work out our problems).

Your guess is as good as mine.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
"Why No Disclosure?"

Let's do a simply test upon anyone reading this and even you OP to see if the public and government are ready for disclosure . The results will give us a decent answer to the question.

How many people reading this can accept without question that my personal experience of being abducted, that involved being mentally controlled for a period of time by the ETs, is probably valid and representative of the kind of actions committed thousands of times upon hapless victims over the decades by the UFO folk? (Not many.)

People, this UFO thing is far, far more complicated than the Prez announcing that UFOs are real, alien ships.

You may try to dodge answering this test by saying, "You and all others that have had this so-called abduction experience are probably, lying, delusional or mistaken about whatever you think you experienced." I ask that you simply suppose that even one of these events happened and is the true situation. How does that change your outlook? To have such events to be really real would be the exact same as the public being told that mythical entities such as ghosts, goblins, zombies and demons existed. Actually, it would more akin to acknowledging that God/Satan was real and in our midst. Rest assured, anything that you are told about ETs will be never be the full truth. You remember Jack Nickolson’s angry line in A Few Good Men? “The truth? You want the truth? YOU can’t handle the truth!”

Such as it is with humans and the incredible psi powers of the aliens. Humans will never be able to accept the near-god-like powers of the ETs. So, personally, do you, the reader, think you can be mind-controlled by an ET? If not, then you are the reason why full disclosure will never happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join