It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why No Disclosure Yet?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Seriously? The majority of people around the world firmly believe in UFO's and extraterrestrials and more and more credible people are coming forward backing their existence (Citizens Hearing On Disclosure and UFO's). Why doesn't The President address the topic to the world once and for all? It wouldn't cause a crisis like some would believe, it is already widely accepted that they're real. When it comes to Religion, you can say that there's still a God, or Allah, or whatever you believe in and the existence of other beings wouldn't change anything as they too were created by someone. Any true person of faith would be open-minded and smart enough to know that we are not the be all and end all when it comes to the universe. Space is crazy big, like, you can't even possibly imagine how big it is. You think we're alone? Give me a break.

It's 2013 already, let's get the truth once and for all and work together to make ourselves better as people. We're still a Type 1 civilization, think of what we could achieve with the technology acquired by putting it to good use instead of evil.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
See it as two reasons.

1. There is nothing to disclose.

2. The truth is so frightening they will hold off for as long as they can.

Frightening to who is up for debate on the 2nd one.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I learned about compound words back in the second and third grades, but I wasn't taught all of them. We learned that compound words are comprised of shortening existing words and putting them together to form a new word.

They are telling us. We aren't always paying attention, though. So many distractions on this planet....

UFO buffs want full disclosure. Are flying saucers/discs low to the ground, yes or no? Maybe the answer is sure.

DISC LOW? SURE
DISC LO SURE
DISCLOSURE

Perhaps our grade school teachers were telling us the truth???

+1 more 
posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

LOL, whatever you're smoking I want some.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Just because a lot of people around the world want to believe in aliens doesn't make it so.
I think the most likely reason for no disclosure is the fact their is nothing to disclose.

I have been on vacation this week in Sedona , AZ taking pics under the night sky and looking up at the Milky Way I want to believe that someone is looking back. To this point though i have not seen one picture or video of a UFO/ALIEN that could not be explained in some other manner. Not a single picture that is crystal clear, not a single video with no distortion.

Sorry but for me the simplest answer explains it no matter how disappointing that answer is.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Your post does not follow. Even IF there is something to disclose, a widespread "belief" is no guarantee that it will be disclosed. For example: Millions of people around the world believe in one particular manifestation of the divine godhead or another, but the godhead steadfastly refuses to manifest.

This is doubly true for ghosts. Millions of people swear ghosts are real, but there is no push for disclosure there either.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

The majority of people around the world firmly believe in UFO's and extraterrestrials

Really? I don't know if that's an accurate statement.

I believe and it seems you believe but even here on ATS I would say it's a stretch to say "the majority believe".

What makes you think the aliens would even want the governments of the world to disclose anything? Maybe E.T. is a hostile creature or maybe they are peaceful and are appalled by human beings. They may view us as parasites.

Look at basic things humans do and how gross it must seem to an advanced species. Oil for example is the decayed remains of prehistoric plants and animals and we use it as fuel. Not only that but we start wars for the stuff, must look a little barbaric to an alien.

Just saying...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
Why doesn't The President address the topic to the world once and for all?

The last time a President decided to expose the truth (JFK), things didn't go too well for him.

"Aliens" and the "President" are actually on the same team.

This is why they BOTH speak lies.

We ARE being LIED to and people like Joe Jordan, L.A. Marzulli and others makes this absolutely undeniable.

They are inveterate liars and deceivers, and delight in bamboozling and misleading mankind with all manner of nonsense. They are addicted to the abduction or kidnapping of humans.

The True Nature Of The 'UFO Entities'

“UFOs are real but they are not physical. They are messengers of deception”Jacques Vallee

The UFOs do not seem to exist as tangible, manufactured objects. They do not conform to the natural laws of our environment. They seem to be nothing more than transmogrifications tailoring themselves to our abilities to understand. The thousands of contacts with the entities indicate that they are liars and put-on artists. (John Keel - Operation Trojan Horse p. 266)

Forbidden Secret - www.scribd.com...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
Seriously? The majority of people around the world firmly believe in UFO's and extraterrestrials

Your source for that claim is what?

Why doesn't The President address the topic to the world once and for all?

Because there is nothing to disclose....

It's 2013 already, let's get the truth once and for all

The truth is that there are no aliens or et's, and you cannot handle that.

think of what we could achieve with the technology acquired by putting it to good use instead of evil.

Think how quickly a country like North Korea would use such technology to try and attack the rest of the world....

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Maybe representatives of the visitors have told those in the loop in government that disclosure is not a good thing (maybe they believe it would be harmful to human society, or maybe they have their own selfish reasons) and that they are not prepared to make open contact even if human governments announce alien presence, making disclosure even less attractive to government than if the aliens were willing to come forward and possibly share knowledge.

Is disclosure desirable if the visitors refuse to go public?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Because there is nothing to disclose....

The truth is that there are no aliens or et's, and you cannot handle that.

Think how quickly a country like North Korea would use such technology to try and attack the rest of the world....

If you would have actually studied even a minimal amount of ufology, you would realize that saying "there is nothing to disclose...." is complete oblivion to the evidence that has been shown over the years.

The truth is that there are no aliens? Please do not claim that this is the truth and then attack the OP by saying "you cannot handle that." He started this forum to converse on this subject, not for you to ridicule him on the questions he is asking because you think it is nonsense.

I'm really not trying to be so attacking towards you, but stating, from how I interpreted it, that we don't need new technologies because North Korea would try to destroy the world with it just shows how ignorant you are.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

If ET were truly here, I'm sure that there'd be no need for disclosure. He'd be more than willing to dance into the welcoming arms of his loving believers. That would be much better than being interrogated by a bunch of bureaucrats, or possibly being shot at by the Earth's governing powers. I have no doubt that ET would have to, at the least, be smart enough to realize his better option.

Just be patient! When the time is right, if ever, I'm sure that Earth's citizens will know. I'd be wary if ET brought a book titled "To Serve Man" though. It might be a cookbook...

See ya,
Milt
edit on 13-5-2013 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
What if they just said no, there aren't any extraterrestrials? Would you believe them? No. What if these things aren't extraterrestrials, and are more... metaphysical in origin? Would you believe them? No.

What if they did come out and say that extraterrestrials do exist? Would you believe them? You shouldn't. This is why this "disclosure thing" is an irrelevant distraction. You can't trust anything "they" say, one way or the other. In fact, the truth is more often than not the exact opposite of what they say. The Disclosure Paradox.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I think the thing a lot of people assume is that the government knows basically everything there is to know about the situation. I don't believe that. I think the government knows a small amount--flying saucers exist, piloted by little grey guys, etc--but I think the ultimate agenda of the aliens and the extent of their technology is probably unknown.

If that's the case, is it really wise to reveal that to the general public? "Hey, aliens are entering our airspace. Their technology is so advanced that there's nothing we can do to stop them. We don't know exactly why they're here or what they want or what all they might be doing. Have a nice day."
It would be pandemonium. And for what? To satisfy some people's curiosity?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Why do we constantly ask for disclosure from the Governments of the world??? how many people have witnessed UFO's, thousand. I/we don't need to be told by my government, or any other organization that UFO's exist.
I have personally seem enough be told or not told either way about what they are. Either they come from here, man made from planet Earth or they are from another planet, it doesn't matter.

I think eventually we the people of this planet will find out either way. Not left to governments to tell us what we already know. Disclosure to an extent has already happened. I have had a personal interest in UFO's since the mid 60's, and have been reading stories, viewing video's since then, and nothing ever comes of it. I'm not saying give up on UFO watching or other peoples experiences, that's what's needed.

Your chasing you tails, if you think the government will come clean about this. When the land on the White House lawn, then they will divulge the true, but the truth is out there already.
edit on 13-5-2013 by douggie60 because: bad grammar

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by douggie60
I/we don't need to be told by my government, or any other organization that UFO's exist.

No one is saying UFO's do not exist, but remember someone's UFO is someone else's aeroplane, or helicopter etc. UFO does not equal etc.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
i would say the majority of people do belevie in life on other planets.as it stands there isnt any defining proof (that we know about) that would suggest there was or want but just going off the astronomical amount of galaxies/suns with planets orbitting them,i find it hard to imagine were the only one with life........

i cant remember the exact numbers off the tyop of my head.but theres millions of galaxies,which are home to millions of suns and even more planets...

life is out there

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
disclosure will never amount to anything until it is official. Most people will ignore things until there is official confirmation.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Obviously the lizards are not ready to tell the mole men about the aliens visiting the surface dwellers.

it's the only reason I can think of.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by flana23
i cant remember the exact numbers off the tyop of my head.but theres millions of galaxies,which are home to millions of suns and even more planets...

Bloody nora!!!! It must be a right pain in the bum getting a hair cut with all that on the top of your head!! Oo

There are not, if I am correct in my understanding of physics and I may not be but no one dares to ever tell me to my face, exactly an exact number of suns in the galaxies that orbit the black holes that swirl and twirl in the endless void of space and eternity. Estimates, yes. Infinite, definitely. Exactly, unlikely.

And yes, each one burns and turns with a possibility of life as complex and grand as the mightiest of creatures imaginable.. Some suns are really big. Some suns, like ours, are really small. And some suns are juuuust right and not fattening at all, as goldilocks licks the celestial bowl and lays her sweet head down in the little bears bed, to dream of worlds of big bears that watch her, unblinking, as she sleeps and momma bears that scream "Who's been sticking their ruddy noses in my kellogs." and kicks the dog, who shrieks and scurries under the table, with his tail between his legs.

Sooo many moons.. Sooo many moons..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join