It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible vote fraud in gahanna ohio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I have yet to confirm this. I have done a very small search and have come up with nothing. But I heard a very quick news story on the radio about voting machines with touch screens changed approximately 4000 votes to bush. Hardley enough for the election to swing the other way. But none the less it still happened. I am trying to find more information about it. If anyone can find information please post. The location is Gahanna, ohio. Located east of columbus ohio. About a 10 min. drive from downtown columbus.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Some in Ohio had 2000 votes for Bush in it before the first voter voted!!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Its just riftraft the news is trying to bring. Some Democrates are pissed that they lost so they decide to do all this stuff.

Now, before the flames the Republicans would ot the EXACT same thing if Kerry would of won so I'm not judging, really , I hate both of them

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
"Errors" such as these can be multiplied severalfold depending on how widespread they may be.

Certainly, it makes sense to follow the smoke to see if there's fire.

If there are any questions about the integrity of the elections, they deserve a fair hearing.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
"Some in Ohio had 2000 votes for Bush in it before the first voter voted!!"

I did not know this. At this point I would love for an investigation into this. This country is in some serious need for voter reform. Granted I do not like bush, I do not like kerry either but, like stated above if kerry won the repub's would be screaming fraud also. I actually voted Badnarik. I state that so no repubs get on me for being a dem or liberal or whatever you guys always yell about.

But, regardless there was still fraud and it needs to be looked into.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
A hearing? It'll never happen. The days of the president being chosen by the people are over. Look at the exit polls - a telltale sign.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I live a few miles from Gahanna, Ohio. There was at least one machine that had votes for Bush on it when it arrived at the voting location. One of the workers caught the problem while setting the machine up before anyone used the machine to vote on. I do not remember if the local news reported how many votes were actually on the machine when it arrived at the voting location.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I just foudn and posted some more info at the bottom of this thread check it out...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
We need to bring this to light, and we need to drag these folks off to prison and have some real elections.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I watched the movie, pretty #ing scary....

This shoudl answer your question.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The presidency was stolen the first time Bush won....it's looking like it could be true again....very very sad.....voting is nothing but a joke in this country any more....what's the point of voting when it's not the true voice of the people?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
what about the 20,000 votes for Kerry on the machines in Philly? come on guys, get real, you are grasping at straws. It's over.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I live in Columbus and have canvassed in Gahanna many times.

They weresplit just about right down the middle between dems and repubs

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
what about the 20,000 votes for Kerry on the machines in Philly? come on guys, get real, you are grasping at straws. It's over.

you wouldn't be calling it "grasping at straws" if you did alittle research.. But why would youdo that, your party won and thats all that matters... # the country or the republic, party before country right...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Dude u guys didn't know?

Voting machines

Plug them in, they vote for bush

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
did some digging.. took a while surprisingly. You'd think they'd be more on such a serious issue. Seems only a fraction of the media have noticed.

progressivetrail.org...

www.truthout.org...

bellaciao.org...

[edit on 5-11-2004 by riley]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
"Could the AP rig the Election": "The Associated Press (AP) will be the sole source of raw vote totals for the major news broadcasters on Election Night~E. They refused to confirm or deny that the AP will receive direct feed from voting machines and central vote tabulating computers across the country. But, circumstantial evidence suggests that is exactly what will happen.

And what can be downloaded can also be uploaded. Computer experts say that signals can travel both to and from computerized voting machines through wireless technology, modems, and even simple electricity."

Landis just confirms what is already known about "sketchy" electronic voting and how it invites vote tampering. Her connection between election machinery, vote totals and the AP, however, has not previously been made.

She goes on to explain that, "AP spokespeople would not give out information on who sits on their board, however AP leadership appears quite conservative."

Landis continues: "Burl Osborne, chairman of the AP board of directors, is also publisher emeritus of the conservative The Dallas Morning News, a newspaper that endorsed George W. Bush in the last election. Kathleen Carroll, senior vice president and executive editor of AP, was a reporter at The Dallas Morning News before joining AP. Carroll is also on the Associated Press Managing Editors (APME)'s 7-member executive committee. The APME "works in partnership with AP to improve the wire service's performance," according to their website. APME vice president, Deanna Sands, is managing editor of the ultra conservative Omaha World Herald newspaper, whose parent company owns the largest voting machine company in the nation, Election
Systems and Software (ES&S)."

It's a cozy relationship considering that ES&S voting machines count 50% of all the votes in the country. The second largest company, Diebold, is also tied to the Republican Party and promised (in a comment by Wally Diebold that got widespread attention on the internet) to "deliver the vote" in Ohio to President Bush. Both Wally and ES&S apparently succeeded admirably in their task of undermining the election.

Many readers are probably wondering what happened to the "Help America Vote Act" that was passed by Congress to avoid the problems of Florida 2000? As Landis reports in an earlier article: "What Congress really did was to throw $2.65 billion at the states, so that they could lavish it on a handful of private companies that are controlled by ultra-conservative Republicans, foreigners and felons." (Diebold, ES&S and Sequoia were among the big winners)

None of the facts related to the presidential election add up. Voter registration went up from 105 million to 120 million. In Ohio alone it went up a whopping 17%. Whenever registration has surged like this in the past, it has always favored the challenger and precipitated a change in government.

Not so, this time, and Republican pollsters are eager to convince us that the reason for this is a renewed interest among the American public for "moral values". Is that it or are the results simply an indication of massive (but well calculated) voter fraud?

The exit polling was equally skewed, showing a clear victory for Kerry. Exit polling has traditionally been a reliable way of determining the outcome of elections. Not so in Bush-world, where vote totals are invariably higher for Bush in the contentious areas that ultimately decide the election.

Give strategist Karl Rove his due; he knew what had to be done and did it. The rest, of course, has been papered over by the pollsters, pimps and pundits in American press corps.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Well done piece of info there truelies! Can we get ATS to do a research project on this? I have seen them done before but am not sure how to initiate one, but I am more than willing to help with the research. As I have said before, maybe we can compile our info and actually make some kind of difference here. The companies that make our voting machines have no business harboring political afilliations at all.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
okay... let's say that the machines did malfunction and have votes already counted,

How is this President Bush's fault....

a couple of you made statements that made it seem like it was him doing it....

jeez, let's move on to something else...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Columbus. A computer error with a voting machine cartridge gave President Bush 3,893 extra votes in a Gahanna precinct. Records show only 638 voters cast ballots in that precinct. A cartridge from one of three voting machines at the polling place generated a faulty number at a computerized reading station. Matthew Damschroder, director of the Franklin County Board of Elections said the cartridge was retested Thursday and there were no problems. He couldn't explain why the computer reader malfunctioned

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by minniescar
Columbus. A computer error with a voting machine cartridge gave President Bush 3,893 extra votes in a Gahanna precinct. Records show only 638 voters cast ballots in that precinct. A cartridge from one of three voting machines at the polling place generated a faulty number at a computerized reading station. Matthew Damschroder, director of the Franklin County Board of Elections said the cartridge was retested Thursday and there were no problems. He couldn't explain why the computer reader malfunctioned

If your using diebold they can change the number by going to the program through via c: drive / program files / diebold / gems / voting numbers SPREADSHEET (which is a microsoft programs, where you can easily click on any number on the spread sheet and change it no problem... Save your work and voila...

No track.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join