It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World is Not Black and White

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Colors Have Meaning And Energy, Life Without Color Would Be Boring

Recently, I wrote a post that seemed to elicit certain emotions concerning the use of colors; it was childish and it hurt their eyes to read it, so they said. Well I think colors are Great! I love the fact I can write a thread using whatever colors I want to use. Each color has meaning and energy attached to it that bring out different emotions. I decided to illustrate this here.

The creators of this web site have done an amazing job of giving many options on how to write our information.

Fortunately, since I have my own ability to chose how to formulate my threads, I can use what ever colors I want to use. For those of you that do not want to read my font or color scheme, feel free to copy and paste whatever I write here or anywhere else for that matter the font and color you want to look at. If that helps you to focus on the material being put forth knock yourself out. It seems to cause some to actually lose sight of the information and instead of commenting on was actually written they waste their time trying to tell me how I have to write MY thread. Hysterical!

The colors I will focus on here are the colors I see in the RAINBOW:

RED, YELLOW, GREEN, PURPLE, ORANGE and BLUE!!!

There are many things associated to each color but I will limit this to include 5 for each.

Red = Aggression, lust, rage, excitement and danger.

Yellow = Brightness, caution, happiness, imagination and wisdom.

Green = Calmness, health, youth, cleanliness and relaxation.

Purple = Majesty, wisdom, spirituality, compassion and solitude.

Orange = Balance, humor, warmth, enthusiasm and joy.

Blue = Intelligence, honesty, self control, sincerity and coolness.

The fact is each of these colors can have the same effect at different times for different people in different cultures. I chose these because this is how I use them in my daily life. I love to use colors to stimulate certain emotions within me and others. They might not be aware of it when I do it but I have a reason for wearing certain colors at certain times. We all do it, unaware most of the time that we are drawn to certain colors for a reason and repelled by others.

The world is not black and white and it would be quite boring if it were, so, I for one will continue to use whatever colors I want to use when I decide to take the time and write a thread topic here or anywhere.

Personally I would like to see more people use the colors to brighten up some of the articles written in here, I just think many are too lazy or afraid of being flamed for it. I could have used much more in this article, but I didn't want to shock anyone senseless.

Soul

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
My dog doesn't seem too upset by only getting green and yellow.

but it does explain why hes so happy all the time.
edit on 12-5-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Green is by far my favorite color, and it's everywhere (at least where I live). Also a big fan of browns and yellows.
Earth tones are where it's at!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Speaking of colours...

Congrats on your new shininess!!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I LOVE COLOR S

My favorite is Purple

eta: Yah....I'm bored ^^^
edit on 12-5-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I have yellow teeth. I didn't realize they were happily cautious.

But hey, Israel as a country is Intelligent, honest, has self control, sincerity and coolness.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Thng is, when you write a thread and use colors, it makes it hard to read. And it really does look less polished, and will be more prone to being ignored. Presumably you want your message out there....do what it takes to make the reader want to read it. Using colors is the opposite of that.

BTW, love your avatar.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Thng is, when you write a thread and use colors, it makes it hard to read. And it really does look less polished, and will be more prone to being ignored. Presumably you want your message out there....do what it takes to make the reader want to read it. Using colors is the opposite of that.

BTW, love your avatar.

I realize that to some it would be distracting. I just wonder then why the heck did ATS give these options then?

top topics

join