It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we love war?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
we should praise crownes optimism, for it will be the blinding beacon of hope securing our path of devistation!

Pessimism serves no useful purpose in war.

Shots have been fired, people have died, decisions have already been made. We are at war. Amazes me how often we can say this and still be seemingly ignored.

We didn't go to war to lose. Now that we are committed, defeat is not an option. I cannot understand a mentality unable to grasp that concept, and do not regret this inability. It just doesn't make any sense.

Folks are free to indulge in pie-in-the-sky sophistry if they want, but it won't change anything, unless subverting American forces is the goal. That's something I wont have any part in.

We didn't get where we are by losing wars, and we sure as hell won't get far if we start navel watching once the shooting starts.

If you are having a hard time figuring out what side you are on in this war, then I recommend giving it some thought. If your choice is the other side, there's nothing more to say.

[edit on 11/7/2004 by Majic]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Australia is an Ally and Friend of America

Misinformation is abundant.
Intellegence makes mistakes

What scares me crowne is when the time comes for these elements to go hand in hand and America have a Pre-emptive stike on Australia.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan West
What scares me crowne is when the time comes for these elements to go hand in hand and America have a Pre-emptive stike on Australia.

I'm trying to understand how this makes a lick of sense.

I am happy to report that I cannot.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   

If you are having a hard time figuring out what side you are on in this war, then I recommend giving it some thought.

there is no honor in fighting for SUV and Mcdonalds, i have thought about this for a very long time.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I'm trying to understand how this makes a lick of sense.

I am happy to report that I cannot.

This could be a piece of the problem
A pre-emptive strike on an ally due to missinformation
Have you ever tried to seperate two savage dogs fighting
The dogs get so wound up they will bight anything
Even those closest to them

Yes there is a war
Its not a game of chess
We must now see it to satisfactory conclusion
We must also learn from it
One day one of our wars might be the demise of life on Earth
Will it be worth it

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Hey everyone
Just woke up and checked the post
Im glad I could get so many to think about this subject. This really says alot. I have read through the parts I missed while sleeping and see that there are many good ideas about this being presented. Thanky you all for your input

So, what could be done to get us to think less about war, and more about life? I had suggested the introduction of alternative fuel source could help with a sense of self reliance and national economic boost for wherever it is introduced. Does anyone else have any Ideas?

I know that the introduction of Alt Fuels is a long way off for anyone, but it is a thought to ponder. Maybe a change in the global economy where all cash is called credit and all credit is worth the same nomatter where you are. Im not suggestiong dropping the value of the American dollar, but rather raise the worth of the global dollar. I know I said earlier that getting rid of a global economy would never work, but this is more of a restructuring.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Its like two men, enemies, in a sealed room with a knife on the floor between them, and they know the light is about to go out...............whose going to trust the other one to make the first POSITIVE step INSTEAD....

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by craigandrew
Its like two men, enemies, in a sealed room with a knife on the floor between them, and they know the light is about to go out...............whose going to trust the other one to make the first POSITIVE step INSTEAD....

I understand your aligory, but my goal in starting this thread was to find out why we feel we need a knife in the room to begin with

[edit on 11/7/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Wrong end of the day to ask me. Fighting to stay awake.

Get rid of money, start accepting our mortality (almost typed "morality" wtf)
Start sharing better.

In Australia we have a situation were one group of eviromentalists wanting to harness wind energy (all aspect windmill farms) are being opposed by others including fellow greens, in part because of a percieved threat to endangered bird flying into them.

Some of the opposing greens include solar advocates (including a project to build solar skyscraper towers in the outback surrounded by acres of ground panels collecting energy and water.

Another group says 75% of our water resources (up in Northern Aus catchments) are not utilised because we have no pipelines to the south.But the officials dont want to fund such a scheme, and one group of environmentalists dont want Northern waters used to save southern rivers.

Our Labor party lost important seats in Tasmania because Trade Union loggers/voters sided with the conservative government against Labors Green anti logging proposals to stave off further unemployment in the state.

Whilst I'd say yes to most of the things to remove the causes of war and strife, where do you start when even the social moral elements of society can't even agree how on the peaceful questions.

Well good night. Tell me if I'm rambling. I think I'm too tired to tell.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I dont know to much about Austalian politics, but it sounds like you guys suffer from the same self centered problems in government that the US is facing now as well. IMO, your correct when you say we need to change our moral, and mortal beliefs. I think our disenchantment with our own mortality has alot to do with us not being able to accept total world peace. No, your not rambling, and your making perfect sense
Sorry to keep you up
I only woke up about an hour ago. Its only 9:30 am where Im at
Still havent had my morning Red Bull though

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
�I have gone within and asked those questions and this is what came to mind�

*How do we relieve our inate fears that make us go to war?

The answer lies within the individual � it is the individual word, thought and action that makes up the collective consciousness, and this then becomes the reality of the world. It is up to the individual to choose between love/enlightenment and hatred/hostility. The individual vibration touches and affects others, which in turn touch and affect others �The individual is part of the whole, when more individuals choose to love � think, feel and demonstrate love, the collective consciousness changes, and that becomes the new reality.

*How do we let go of fear?

Go within and connect with the Source that is light, love, truth and courage. Fear does not exist there. Keep at it until it becomes 2nd nature. It is the path of enlightenment.

*What can be done to get us to think less of war, and more of life?

Again it is up to the individual choice. If you want to think less of war and more of life, then do not make violence and hatred your reality. Choose not to watch war movies, choose not to play war-games � what is on your mind becomes your reality, and although the topic of war is unavoidable, you can choose to put your energies into living life and focus on the things which give you happiness and peace. Make amends with an enemy, practice tolerance, embrace differences, smile, smile, smile, hug each other, dance, laugh .. just lighten up, live � enjoy life � BE happy � its contagious. Every thought, every word, every action sends out a vibration which affects and forms the collective consciousness (matrix).

*How do we get rid of wmd?

By disarming the enemy, then disarming the self and halting all production of wmd. A global nuclear disarmament program must prevail to avoid a future (irrecoverable) calamity.

*So is this war �good�?

Terrorist factions pose a very real threat and your leaders are not acting out of line by going to war. No peace loving nation enjoys war but unfortunately the end justifies the means. The cost of war is high, but yes it must be �won� to forsake the world from a reign of terror. The war is neither good nor bad, it is necessary, to preserve your peace.

... ok so considering I've taken an anti-war stance since before Iraq started, the last one left me in a state of shock.

[edit on 8-11-2004 by c_au]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I believe that was the most eloquent answer I have heard yet to my questions.
Thanks for the input.

After reviewing your answers, while all are certainly logical, they would be rather hard to impliment. How could we go about getting everyone to look inside themselves to confront and conqure the inate fear? Im sure that some of us that replied to this thread have already done so, due to the type of answers I have recieved. It would be easy if we could get everyone in the world to take a look at this thread without coersion, but thats impossible. It would seem the problem is a matter of opening peoples eyes to this knowledge and letting them digest it for themselves.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
thanks for starting the thread Kidfinger and for being such a good host ... um .... maybe by example ... by sending out the love vibes

.... anyway - see you around - must go now and do some work which I've neglected for a few days

ps.

you don't need to 'confront and conquer' your innate fear, you just need to get in touch with, and let go of them.

pps

if you're interested, there's also a book which explains these concepts further - its called 'Conversations with God - Part 1' by Neale Donald Walsch. Its not religious and is a very interesting read.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by c_au]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
c_au,

Thanks for being a voice of intelligence and reason
Come back when you get caught up
I will definatly check out that book too

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
thanks mate
... definitely will do! ciao for now

<< 3  4  5   >>