It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first music video filmed in outer space?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Wow this is way cool!

Chris Hadfield has done a version of Space oddity he plays the guitar and does vocals, best bit... the music video has been filmed aboard the ISS.

This is actually really cool and I wonder if this is the first music video filmed in space, don't think Neil Armstrong made a music video while on the moon... did he?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Neil Armstrong didn't plagiarize a song, he was, however, the first human to step foot on the moon. His name will live forever. Hadfield? Not so much.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well its confirmed, was googling for more info on it:

Chris Hadfield Creates First-Ever Music Video From Space

Source

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
HA! Great post......I watched this video this morning.......how cool is he? I subscribe to his Facebook page and look at all his photo's. He truly is a great chap.....and now this???

As a fellow Pilot............and crap guitarist, I am truly jealous!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
Neil Armstrong didn't plagiarize a song, he was, however, the first human to step foot on the moon. His name will live forever. Hadfield? Not so much.

I don't know if Bowie will be too upset...What an honor to have the first music vid recorded in space be something you wrote

Way Cool!!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
That's just too damned cool! Thanks for sharing this!

Is there a chance this will start a trend? Hope so!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Here's another one with Chris. Nice to see art has a place on the iss.

Me, squeeling cat whining guitar lover, like this for it's setting. Good one Cris!

edit on 13/5/13 by D.Wolf because: And no autotune!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

That has to be the best cover of Space Oddity ever , it would only be bettered if they could get Bowie up there for a duet

Cool video thanks for posting

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

David Bowie tweeted "Hallo Spaceboy" in response to this video on his official twitter account.

I guess he approves of the performance and the lyric changes.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This was a GREAT video, way to go Commander!!!

I know there will be some jackwagons that will gripe and moan saying he's wasting taxpayers dollars doing this video when he should be working on the ISS, the sames ones that bitch about our soldiers doing music videos while on deployment, there is something called TIME OFF and OFF DUTY. I'd think this Commander would have done this while he was off duty.

He has another video he's done, more like an original song he did, probably again OFF DUTY, called Jewel in the Night, this guy has a great voice.

S&F to you OP for bringing this out. David Bowie has gotten a GREAT honor from this I'd feel

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EzekielsWheel
That's just too damned cool! Thanks for sharing this!

Is there a chance this will start a trend? Hope so!

I certainly hope it will start a trend with the Russian cosmonauts and the younger generation who will take their places in the future. I thoroughly enjoyed being included in this wondrous rare experience via Chris Hadfield's pictures of our precious Earth and his fun experiements.
edit on 13-5-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
NOTE:

I posted the following on another thread of the same topic. Didn't notice whose was first but the subject is, for me, one of splendid enjoyment. Happiness is rarity these days and this video made me smile a lot

I was a kid when the first humans went into space and when this Bowie classic was new, I had to have a copy on an old 45...

All I can say about Hadfield's rendition is...

Absolutely Awesome!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

The word you are looking for is "cover." As in Hadfield "covered" the David Bowie song (with slight changes to the lyrics). At no point did he claim authorship of the song. That would be plagiarism.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Awesome! And he's Canadian too.

Very proud.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I liked Commander Hadfield's cover of this song better than the original by Bowie.

This guy is truly a class act. I salute you Commander. Talk about a way to keep up morale.

S&F for a nice post OP

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay

Col. Hadfield did not plagiarize David Bowie's song. David Bowie gave him his full blessings before the Col. ever recorded the song and even lent Col. Hadfield the talents of Emm Gryner, who was a part of the Bowie live band in 1999/2000.

Here's one link

I really wish people would do some research before saying something so inflammatory about someone such as Col. Hadfield.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Saw this the other day; I was busy wondering how such an obviously low budget production had managed the zero gravity special effects, then suddenly realised it was actually filmed on the ISS.

Truly awesome

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well he sang ISS the week previously in space so no?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by D.Wolf

Canadian school kids across the country sang with them all last week on Music Monday, I had 3 little ones singing along and have now developed a keen interest in space and astronaughts. well done!~

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Thank you Col. Hatfield for making space cool again!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join