It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all lucid And non-lucid dreamers-i have a theory+i would really appreciate your input.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Great thread!

I lucid dream and I can do it at will 90% of the time I wake up then go back to bed again. This happens often as I get up to bring my girlfriend to work then come back home and sleep for another hour or two, at least 4x a week.
It's almost immediate after I fall back asleep and can last anywhere from 30 seconds to who knows....time kinda goes away in dreams, but it's very easy for me to 'slip' into it. I realize I'm dreaming and keep myself calm.

The hardest part when I was younger was keeping calm when I realized I was dreaming. I would get so excited I'd wake myself up. It's always been a positive feeling during them and after a few years of flying around and playing huge concerts (I'm a musician), I started to focus more. It's been probably 20-23 years that I've been able to do it, now that I think about it.

I started practicing music in the dreams. I've been playing guitar/singing in bands for 15 years and would practice singing/playing at the same time, which can be tricky depending on what you're doing. But the practice in the dreams sped up my ability to do it in the real world. There's been a few particular pieces that seemed absolutely impossible in the real world but once I broke them down in a lucid dream, it became second nature rather quickly.

From my experience, lucid dreams are something to be utilized, it's been a tool for me. And entertainment as well. For me, it's a form of meditation and a place where I can focus my ideas.

As for the OP and the question, I've always been highly independent but have let life take me where it leads. There has been an amazing string of synchronicity throughout my life and I do not believe in coincidence, so I believe letting life lead the way is the way to go for me. That said, if there were something in my life I wanted to change, one of the first places I would start is a lucid dream.

edit on 14-5-2013 by Drucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

No,the theory i'm considering is more the opposite,that those who has never or hardly ever dreamed lucidly,have,or rather feel,that they have little control of their life path.That's why i would like input on these issues from all who would be kind enough to give their input,re their dreams and waking life(past and present) Thank you for your reply,luciddream.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drucifer
Great thread!

I lucid dream and I can do it at will 90% of the time I wake up then go back to bed again. This happens often as I get up to bring my girlfriend to work then come back home and sleep for another hour or two, at least 4x a week.
It's almost immediate after I fall back asleep and can last anywhere from 30 seconds to who knows....time kinda goes away in dreams, but it's very easy for me to 'slip' into it. I realize I'm dreaming and keep myself calm.

The hardest part when I was younger was keeping calm when I realized I was dreaming. I would get so excited I'd wake myself up. It's always been a positive feeling during them and after a few years of flying around and playing huge concerts (I'm a musician), I started to focus more. It's been probably 20-23 years that I've been able to do it, now that I think about it.

I started practicing music in the dreams. I've been playing guitar/singing in bands for 15 years and would practice singing/playing at the same time, which can be tricky depending on what you're doing. But the practice in the dreams sped up my ability to do it in the real world. There's been a few particular pieces that seemed absolutely impossible in the real world but once I broke them down in a lucid dream, it became second nature rather quickly.

From my experience, lucid dreams are something to be utilized, it's been a tool for me. And entertainment as well. For me, it's a form of meditation and a place where I can focus my ideas.

As for the OP and the question, I've always been highly independent but have let life take me where it leads. There has been an amazing string of synchronicity throughout my life and I do not believe in coincidence, so I believe letting life lead the way is the way to go for me. That said, if there were something in my life I wanted to change, one of the first places I would start is a lucid dream.

edit on 14-5-2013 by Drucifer because: (no reason given)

Hi Drucifer,

I notice some similarities with myself in your post. I also practice things in my dreams, or at least I used too. It doesn't seem to work with learning more academic subjects but definitely helps with the learning of physical skills.

I also think that I have experienced much syncronicity in my life. Thanks for reminding me about these things!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
When I was younger in my teens I had lucid dreams. At the time I did not realize what was happening, I thought it was normal. But looking back I wish I would have done more with it. I haven't had one for probably 10 plus years. I would like to get back into it. Anyone have any tips?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterBadger

Like I said in my post, I can do it 90% of the time I wake up then go back to sleep. I'll get 4-5 hours of sleep, wake up for 20-25 minutes then lay back down for another hour or two. I always have music on when I sleep, (or Howard Stern playlists on Youtube hahaha) and that helps keep me a bit more 'on the surface' of sleeping when I'm going back to sleep.

Music/TV is a trigger as well. I almost always incorporate whatever is on in the background into a dream and during the dream I'll realize that I'm creating the visual in the dream world based on the audio in the physical world.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I think I'm in the middle of both your examples.

I don't have lucid dreams often, but I do have them... maybe 5/mo.

As for my waking life, I have always been extremely independent with a very strong personality. I have always tried to pull myself out of bad circumstances when they arise, and most of the time I have success in that area. But...
then something happens that seems totally out of my control to put me back in the bad circumstance again. It's almost like a force is at work to keep me on a certain struggling path for some reason. Maybe it's karma? Or maybe that is where my lessons are that I came here to learn this time around.

So... yeah, I have both.

edit on 5/16/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I am a lucid dreamer as well, and for me, it seems as if everything always comes into place. This has helped shape my perspective over not worrying about things. Sometimes things happen so specifically how I expect them to, that I wonder if I am not living in a dream world.

Just recently I have been without a job, after moving to Switzerland for a year (to be with my wife). Just as the last of my money ran out, I found a new high paying job. It just fell into my lap after watching a lady's cat - but I knew it was right around the corner.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thank you all for your replies,i am reading and it's very interesting.Forgive me for not giving much input myself,but i have very little,next to nothing experience with lucid dreaming.Once i had one where i wanted to "climb the air" like steps,and i did,and then started floating/flying low over a sleeping neighbourhood,another time on a wooden platform in the middle of a dark ocean-that one was so vivid,down to the ice-cold ocean water splashing across me-a most unforgettable dream.

A cheery little gift to all who replied so far,if you're into binaurals at all-i love this one,for the joyful quality it has:

This binaural makes me think of this pic:

edit on 22-5-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterBadger
When I was younger in my teens I had lucid dreams. At the time I did not realize what was happening, I thought it was normal. But looking back I wish I would have done more with it. I haven't had one for probably 10 plus years. I would like to get back into it. Anyone have any tips?

Fastest way for someone who already knows the drill is - waking up at 3am on your days off work. Read a bit of ats (preferably about lucid dreams) have a glass of water and go back to sleep. This will primarily make you remember everything you dreamed about in those early hours so you can write it down but also increase your chances of becoming lucid.

As for the theory about being in control in RL, i'm not sure. Sometimes i feel like i can make reality become - sometimes like there is nothing to be done. It's a crazy world we live in that is why i've always preferred the dream world.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

It's very funny you mentioned that.

Just this past weekend I had a pretty intense breakdown and had some very suicidal ideas. It was a complete 180 from where I have been in my past.

I snapped out of it rather quickly, but the experience really freaked me out. I've had episodes like that in the past, but that one came on rather quickly and out of the blue.

I do believe it's due to some residual thought patterns left over from my heavy drinking days. I was out of control for 5 years with drinking, I had some things I had to clear up with my family and the fact that I wasn't, I dealt with it by drinking. During that time, I made a lot of poor decisions and it caused an immense amount of self doubt and hopelessness that, even though I rarely drink these day.....and don't really get drunk when I do, those thought patterns are still there. I never reset my head when I was done.

So if the same thought patterns are still there, then the same things will keep happening in my life.

I know now I need to reprogram my thought process on a lot of things and let go of the guilt and shame of my behavior during the drinking years.

I'm thinking of how I can possibly utilize lucid dreams for this, putting myself in the situations I need to be in. I know I can control my emotions in lucid dreams, so possibly by putting myself in chaotic scenarios in my dreams where I can control the sitution, it can work it's way out in the physical world.

That's some Matrix style # right there!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
im a non lucid dreamer but i have been trying furiously to have lucid dreams and no the government is in control nowadays (depending on where you live) but thats just my opinion

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join