It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: At least dozen people shot at Mother's Day second line

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CleverNameHere

Originally posted by BobSwagger
Based on 3 individuals involved, it's probably gang bangers that can't shoot. Man, that gun confiscation during Katrina sure worked out well.

No gun confiscation before, during or after Katrina. Stop talking out of your ass.

Some obviously were that your not aware of.

Condolences to those hurt in the latest madness.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

What people in the States need to start realizing most ricky-tick is that the culture is absolutely broken and in dire need of reevaluation and repair. Pointing fingers at law-abiding gun owners or this political party or that ideology is not going to do anything but further muddy the waters. Far as I'm concerned (and keep in mind that I will do nothing of any sort to engage in or hasten such a process..mini legal disclaimer...sad that such things are necessary in these troubled times but I digress..) America needs to be restructured from the ground up and whatever steps need to be taken in order for that to happen falls on the American citizen, not the government, which is quite thoroughly broken and just trying to perpetuate it's own existence, at the expense of throwing the average working-class American and the environment under the bus. Needless to say, this cannot continue, or before long it will be too late and the human race will be on a downward spiral straight to the bottom of the pit, so to speak, as now, there is no undiscovered frontier to escape to. This time, the cataclysm would be global in nature, not just isolated to one country and it all lynches on America, as far as I'm concerned. You can forget about trying to change China, Israel, India or Pakistan without first starting at the source, It could also be argued that Europe is the source of the problems in the world right now, but without the States acting as the military/corporate arm of the power-elite, none of said wrongdoing would be possible in conjunction with the financial backbone of the imperialist. doctrine which has this world in it's death-grip currently. There are those that say we are already doomed, but I say there's still hope so long as you believe there is. If you think you can't you're probably right. If you know you can, however, you are, again, probably right. Take this as you will, but do not fear the inevitable, which is that the time has come for bitter things (as Marilyn Manson so succinctly put it), but take comfort that you and people like you are the only ones who have the ability to change the paradigm. It is our fascination with hero-culture that has led everyone to believe that one day a hero will rise up and save us all but we fail to realize that such a hero exists within all that have the heart to care for their fellow man. All that is needed is courage and the belief that one person trying to make a difference quickly turns into two, then four and so on until a majority movement is achieved and with numbers behind you, nothing can stop the progression. Take with a pinch of salt if you must.. Namaste.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Originally posted by BobSwagger
Based on 3 individuals involved, it's probably gang bangers that can't shoot. Man, that gun confiscation during Katrina sure worked out well.

No gun confiscation before, during or after Katrina. Stop talking out of your ass.

Some obviously were that your not aware of.

Condolences to those hurt in the latest madness.

Yes, I remember seeing that video a thousand times on our local news. They confiscated her gun because while they were evacuating people due to health hazards, she refused to go, and started getting agitated while holding a pistol(improperly) in her hands.

This clip didn't show the entire video.

Wow, a lot of you people really seem to have some paranoia problems. I live in New Orleans. Our guns were never confiscated. We have hundreds of family members throughout the city. None of their guns were confiscated. None of our friends' guns were confiscated.

If any guns were confiscated, there was a reason for it.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
double post..
edit on 13/5/2013 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Here video of shooting and a suspect.

www.wwltv.com...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Wow, a lot of you people really seem to have some paranoia problems. I live in New Orleans. Our guns were never confiscated. We have hundreds of family members throughout the city. None of their guns were confiscated. None of our friends' guns were confiscated.

I remember a thread about it when it happened thats all, I don`t live there, to label me to having paranoia problems rather than not informed shows what knee jerk reactions you make.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

Pretty amazing no one got killed at that range and thickness of crowd.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

I remember a thread about it when it happened thats all, I don`t live there, to label me to having paranoia problems rather than not informed shows what knee jerk reactions you make.

Well, being on a website in search of the "truth," I'd assume you would make most of your accusations out of fact rather than what you 'remembered' or 'thought' happened.

Remember, this all started because you wanted to prove my statement incorrect, for whatever reason. Try it on some other asshole.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

From the looks of it, it was probably a .22 caliber handgun. Those rascals like to ricochet off of walls and shrapnel the hell out of people.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Well, being on a website in search of the "truth," I'd assume you would make most of your accusations out of fact rather than what you 'remembered' or 'thought' happened.

Only people who were there and live there would be privy to that info.....

Remember, this all started because you wanted to prove my statement incorrect, for whatever reason. Try it on some other asshole.

There wouldn`t have been a problem at all, its simply you throwing the labels, though you do consider yourself an asshole, so no big surprise then.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brocade

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
In response to those saying no one in America needs a gun:

I need mine to protect my family from crazy people with guns.

I also need mine so I can lay a bloody deer carcass on my kitchen table, to cut up in to steaks to feed my family that I am protecting with that same gun.

That is my reason to own a gun. And it's a watertight reason. Because it is a simple and pure reason.
edit on 5/12/2013 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

You don't need a gun to feed your family, you choose to use one to do so. Very far from being 'a watertight reason'.

I don't live in or near a city. And considering the nearest supermarket is Walmart and they sell meat laced with red dye and other chemicals..YES I NEED A GUN TO FEED MY FAMILY. Not all of America is urbanized my friend. In a lot of areas, the need for guns to kill FOR FOOD is still a way of daily life. The sooner these "city slickers" realize this, the sooner there can be a clearer understanding of the basic need for shotguns and/or rifles.

I do not "choose" to use or own a gun. There is no choice. It is a necessity.

Watertight point/reason confirmed.

ETA:
And you will also find that the majority of NRA members, are in fact, rural living people that keep guns for the EXACT same reason that I do.
edit on 5/13/2013 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/13/2013 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Typical dumbed down arguments from anti gun-control peeps... what point is there having a gun-free zone when you can just travel to the next gun-free state, buy a second-hand gun, travel back to your state and theres no border passing controlling you for weapons.

The US gun lobby is ridiculous. I come from a country where the right to bearing arms is also embedded in the constitution. Yet no one in their right mind would argue that everyone needs one at home. People are happy to return them after military service, and controls are strict. Our gun-free zones work, because its hard to obtain one illegaly, there are close to no shootings, simply because our government is strict in controlling guns.

And no paranoid gun tooting rednecks here. As a nation we feel a lot safer thanks to this. I feel sorry for the rational minded people in the US.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Looks like a gangland shooting, but feels like that detail is being glossed over by the MSM.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
yea since its innercity shootings it didnt even make the news

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The new trend in gang initiations is to prove your "thugness" with a totally heartless act.

Shooting people at a mother's day parade is certainly fitting the bill.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...we need to reclassify this level of crime (and have ridiculous sentences) to put an end to this "trend" once and for all. Just like the two gang kids that went up to a mom and shot her baby in the stroller. This crap needs to end NOW.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Very sad. This is what humanity is amounting to. Constant death and violence. A world that LACKS EMPATHY, has massive amounts of greed, and corruption. An endless cycle of insanity. With no hope or end in site. We have all the tools to make this planet a million times better....... But we choose not to. Again because of no empathy, greed, and corruption. Humanity is failing or is set to fail. There needs to be another Earth changing cataclysmic event to start things over because this current "civilized" world is not going to make it......

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Who would have thought such a thing could happen in the USA, mmmm, very unusual............

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Forget gun control!

We need MICKEY MOUSE control!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
This was a psy-ops operation by the FBI and was masterminded by Obama and Joe Biden. It was planned carefully since Obama's re-election to fulfill his gun grabbing fantasy.

Nah. It was set up by the NRA. Not only do they want to arm every teacher in every school but now they'll argue that every mother needs to carry a gun.

All together now -

"Come and join the NRA!
Then shoot back on Mother's Day!
Come and join the NRA!
Then shoot back on Mother's Day!"

See? They dunnit!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Looks to me that if he's already sitting down talking to people he would be in more pain. Also he's drinking water. So wouldn't he wipe the blood of his hands when he does. It would be disgusting if he didn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join