It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: At least dozen people shot at Mother's Day second line

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

NEW ORLEANS -- NOPD Superintendent Ronal Serpas says that at least 12 people were shot a Mother's Day second-line parade in the 7th Ward. The youngest victim in the shooting was 10 years old. Police believe three suspects were involved. No word from police on a possible suspect or motive. We have a reporter at the scene and will have the latest during 5:30 p.m. newscast

www.wwltv.com...

Just sad. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on this day, damn, whats wrong with folks?

edit: No deaths as of yet , just a lot of people injured.

edit on 12-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

My heart and prayers go out to all of the people injured.

To take such a wonderful day that honors Mothers; and create such a horrible memory for many; this is so saddening. I hope they catch all involved and that they each do a long time in prison.

It just seems to me now...that on every holiday...some crazy people come out of the wood work and do their best to be violent and destructive.

Is this what we have to look forward to on every holiday now? I'm just saying...and worrying.

edit on 12-5-2013 by caladonea because: edit

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
And let the ridiculous conspiracy theories start.
And make no mistake - they will...

I hope these folks are ok (the ones who got hurt) and I hope we catch the %@*%@#'s who did this.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
My heart goes out to all the victims.

Let me just get it out of the way..

This was a psy-ops operation by the FBI and was masterminded by Obama and Joe Biden. It was planned carefully since Obama's re-election to fulfill his gun grabbing fantasy.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

you gotta admit thought the guy with the green hat looks like he is fine, he doesn't look in pain at all. Just looks like he fell into ketchup.

Edit:
Where did you get the picture from anyways? its not coming up on the website linked and i tried looking for it in google image search and am not finding anything either. Did you yourself upload it from a camera at the event?
edit on 5/12/2013 by neobludragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The US either has too many people who shouldn't have access to guns running loose or this is a nasty plan from the Alphabet soup group in a never ending assault on the gun community to cancel their ownership across the board. Glad I'm not an American.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
My deeply condolence to the families involved…!!!

Truly sad…

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by neobludragon

you gotta admit thought the guy with the green hat looks like he is fine, he doesn't look in pain at all. Just looks like he fell into ketchup.

Edit:
Where did you get the picture from anyways? its not coming up on the website linked and i tried looking for it in google image search and am not finding anything either. Did you yourself upload it from a camera at the event?
edit on 5/12/2013 by neobludragon because: (no reason given)

People take pain differently. Maybe he can take it.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Feels like gangsters. Maybe an uzzi, just a hunch tho, the creeps are still at large. (three apparently)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Based on 3 individuals involved, it's probably gang bangers that can't shoot. Man, that gun confiscation during Katrina sure worked out well.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
My guess is that this was just 3 dumb kids trying to make a name for themselves. Either that, or bystanders fell victim to gang violence.

If this was orchestrated by the Govt., we'd have at least 3-5 dead right now.

*sigh*

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

While I don't blame guns for this kind of thing, I do have to wonder if our nation has reached a point of being so lacking an ounce of moral compass or shred of self-responsibility, that we even deserve such a right.

Then in another moment of contemplation, I can't justify punishing innocent people for what others do... which leads to blaming what we call 'culture', forwarded, nay, shoved on by certain concepts and leadership that have no place in a civilized society.

Help! We've fallen and we don't want to get up!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

This is just terrible

But, I'll bet it'll be ten minutes before sickos are on here claiming thee are all actors.

link   
You folks really need to stop doing this kind of thing.

link   

Sympathy goes out to all involved. If this is another staged event then i'm truly sickened.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
another mass shooting in the U.S.

the U.S. is a horrible violent country.

it embraces violence. it is a society that believes an answer can be found with a GUN,

why should ANYONE care ANYMORE,

the president of the U.S. tried to improve gun control, tried to bring in a few small changes. didn't want to take guns off people but just wanted to put more controls in place and maybe stop a few people who shouldn't have guns getting them, he was told NO.

so why should anyone give a damn what happens in the horrible sick violent country anymore that thinks everyone else is wrong and they are right.

had enough listening to all the poor people getting shot up in the U.S.

when the U.S. society doesn't care enough about itself, why the hell should anyone else?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
Feels like gangsters. Maybe an uzzi, just a hunch tho, the creeps are still at large. (three apparently)

Where did you get the picture from? I and another user would like to know since it isn't in the article you linked.

nevermind I've found it, now.

edit on 12-5-2013 by WhoFeelsitKnowsit because: found the picture

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'm guessing we won't hear a peep about it.

Intercity gang violence doesn't make the news. Hell, it's usually ignored.

Just look at Chicago.

Prayers for the injured.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491
My guess is that this was just 3 dumb kids trying to make a name for themselves. Either that, or bystanders fell victim to gang violence.

If this was orchestrated by the Govt., we'd have at least 3-5 dead right now.

*sigh*

I think you're right.

If this were gov't orchestrated, there would likely be dead folks. But sometimes hired hands screw-up, too.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Serpas said those three suspects likely worked together, and at least two different weapons were used. One of the suspects is described as a man between 18 and 22 years old with short hair and wearing a white shirt and blue jeans,

www.nola.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join