It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$HTF scenario & medication preparedness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I wonder if many people have considered what they will do in a $HTF scenario regarding medications?

I found out today that the medication I have to take to keep me alive will only remain useful for 21 days without refrigeration and I can only survive for a week without it. So in a $HTF situation that means I have 4 weeks before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

It certainly gives you a slightly different perspective on life to a lot of people.

For a lot of people refrigeration isn't a problem, but faced with a major disaster there won't be any deliveries, as there won't be any power, and no fuel, new supplies being manufactured, so no medications supplied. How long can you survive without your daily medication?

Have you considered what you will do in a disaster situation, with regards to medications?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well luckily im in good health. But i have thought of this situation many times myself, due to the fact my niece has crohns disease. She takes mezalazine to try to suppress it. But she is currently on something called Infliximab which is a serious medicine. If this scenario did happen, I dread to think of the consequences. It sure does make you think though....

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by creatives
I wonder if many people have considered what they will do in a $HTF scenario regarding medications?

I found out today that the medication I have to take to keep me alive will only remain useful for 21 days without refrigeration and I can only survive for a week without it. So in a $HTF situation that means I have 4 weeks before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

It certainly gives you a slightly different perspective on life to a lot of people.

For a lot of people refrigeration isn't a problem, but faced with a major disaster there won't be any deliveries, as there won't be any power, and no fuel, new supplies being manufactured, so no medications supplied. How long can you survive without your daily medication?

Have you considered what you will do in a disaster situation, with regards to medications?

Unfortunately, if a true disaster situation blotted out our electrical infrastructure - millions of people dependent upon breathing machines, dialysis, and medications that require refrigeration - will pass away. This is why I'm so confused when people insist that it should or needs to happen (disaster) - they really aren't thinking - or I should say the way they are thinking is hateful and fearful.

Some people have illnesses that MUST be controlled and monitored by the health care system. These people, will be the first to perish if our infrastructure is destroyed and we are set back to a time before we had an electricity. I know that sucks, so our best bet is - to hope such a thing doesn't happen. What is good - will be the window of time when generators can keep our loved ones alive - using medical devices and medications dependent upon energy - at least, long enough to say goodbye.

My advice to you would be to acquire a refrigerator that can run on a battery. Like those in boats and motor homes for camping. Stock up on those batteries and stock up on your medication. If the lights go out - at least you are covered for a time, and hopefully in that time - the lights will come back up.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by creatives

There is a book that deals with this type scenario. It doesn't come out very well, even for those who started out healthy.

www.onesecondafter.com...

Good luck...to us all if were to ever happen.

new topics

top topics

join