It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rich in America: Power, Control, Wealth and the Elite Upper Class in America.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

This is talk is fairly dated as the richest members of society now own around 40% of the nations wealth, but I think the basic premise is very good. In this talk the panel discusses how the American ruling class perpetuates itself and how it runs the country. One of the major problems when discussing this material is most people in the U.S. refuse to admit there is a ruling class. The simple fact is there has always been a ruling class and there will probably be one for the foreseeable future.

This is a very lengthy talk at about one and a half hours. Find some time out of your day to take a listen, I think you'' will appreciate it. It's not really liberal or conservative in view, it seems rather dispassionate really. If any of you have something of a similar bent that isn't dated please let me know, I'd love to see it.

One of the biggest problems when confronting the "dysfunction of government" is people refuse to understand this is not simply a dysfunction of government, but of society. You have within society a ruling class which furthers it's own agenda. You cannot discuss government without discussing this problem.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Very good content in the video. I have studied this stuff but of course, I always have more to learn. The video explains the congregation of people of a kind, they think alike and form an entity. There doesn't seem to be one person in charge as some may think but groups of people that think alike. If you are allowed to join them than you become one of their kind. I have another hour and ten minutes of the video to watch yet but need to do that later. Got stuff to do for a while here. S&F for finding this, I think it will give me more insight.

So far they are only talking about the upper half of a percent. The ones that are the most troublesome are the upper middle class to lower upper class. They are the pushers, the ones who think they are the elite but really aren't. They are the legmen of the upper half percent. I always got along best with the elite and with the poorer people for some strange reason. I think it is because they both have nothing to prove.

new topics

join