It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times Bureau Chief Expelled From Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

NY Times Bureau Chief Expelled From Pakistan

www.israelnationalnews.com

Pakistan’s Interior Ministry has ordered the expulsion of the The New York Times Islamabad bureau chief on the eve of national elections, the newspaper reported Friday.

Declan Walsh, 39, a veteran correspondent who worked for the British newspaper The Guardian since 2004, was hired by The New York Times last year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Expelled? New York Times you say? I know many folks who absolutely despise the NYT and it looks like Pakistan does as well!

The ministry did not give any detailed explanation for the expulsion order, which was delivered by police officers in the form of a two-sentence letter at 12:30 a.m. Thursday local time, The Times reported.

“It is informed that your visa is hereby canceled in view of your undesirable activities,” the order stated. “You are therefore advised to leave the country within 72 hours.”

Walsh has written about the country's political strife, its insurgency and its often tense relations with the United States.

Damn, I really wish they would just tell the public why they are kicking him out. Something tells me its political

www.israelnationalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

It might have something to do with 'Operation Mockingbird'.
Enough said, don't want to get into any more trouble today.

edit on 12-5-2013 by creatives because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well well the NY times Chief spying on Pakistani officials, that ain't pretty

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
She called the accusation of undesirable activities “vague and unsupported.”. I dont believe her

top topics

join