It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vast and Impressive City Ruins in Antarctica!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

There was a city, till there was a change of plans. Near the Antartic ruins is a large hole that is impossible to miss. Because of this hole, Antartica is a land mass with a couple miles of fresh water ice on it.

In my opinion, those are actually building's tops. Due to the Earth's cooling/exhaust system, the "poles outer-rims" are ice lands.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Success and being right is part of the formula - we have lots of 'no-go' threads on ATS. One can support new contributors without uncritically swallowing what they offer up.

You have to be wrong a bunch of times before you get it right. Thomas Edison didn't just wake up and say "hey, you know what?! I just realized something! Success and being right is a part of the formula! Why didn't I think of that before!???!?!?!" and then go and invent hundreds of things on the first try, every time!

Mother nature didn't just send one drop of water and say "oh, I didn't create the Grand Canyon, I guess I will give up because success and being right are a part of the formula and I failed to get it right." No, she sent a stream that, thanks to her constant efforts, became a river that sliced through the rock over the years.

I've personally known millionaires who filed for bankruptcy well over 5 times before they made it big, and any successful person will tell you- You know what? I shouldnt have to explain this to someone like you. You clearly know better and you clearly know exactly what you're doing. I don't even thing wrabbit was referring to your initial post anyway, but you can take your success and your being right and you can just... just... go sit on a tack, you!!!

Harumph! No go threads indeed...

No he basically woke up one day and said "Dear Diary, if no one is going to pay attention to me, I'm going to slander the # out of everyone worth a damn and buy up their patents to use as my own. Sincerely, Thomas, #ing Edison. "

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Great job erik! or is it Mr Awful?
I agree that a common interface, like Google Earth is a good way to communicate these kinds of things with others.
So it WAS built by humans then? Just not ancient ones.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

I agree that a common interface, like Google Earth is a good way to communicate these kinds of things with others.

Yes, in the OP's 2nd set of pictures in this post here.

In the actual OP of this thread, those look like snow and ice covered hill/mountain areas, IMHO.

If there are ancient ruins in Antarctica, I don't think we're going to see them easily using things like RSOE or Google Earth maps at this time, as Antarctica has not lost enough ice for that. Not unless they were built on the tops of mountain peaks since the ice is anywhere from hundreds of feet thick to many thousands of feet thick. Only special ground penetrating radar would detect something if it's there.

I would speculate that if there is anything to find, it might be found around the coast lines if we use visible photos .
However, while my personal opinion is that we won't find anything there, that doesn't mean the OP and others should give up looking. I think it's great that people look and explore places. By doing so, a person is learning more about where we live, and if they do the research, more about what is there.

Food for the brain as it were, and I think that's wonderful.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
what a stupid and pointless thread, i mean really you can't just claim that you discovered ancient cities in antartica just because you're seeing peak tops, and drawing all over them. like.. really...? If you're gonna claim such ridiculous claims, you're gonna have to go dig up the place and have ACTUAL SOLID EVIDENCE!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
By taking a look at the maps oft the "continent" , the relief one mainly so as you can see what would have been land and what would have been water and so forth, what would have been the likely places for a civilisation based on various scenarios.

Was the sea level lower allowing for those low lying areas on the relief map to be lakes rather than below sea level as they are now. I do remember reading somewhere that the ice in some of these below sea level areas or Antartica are actually frozen fresh water. Did the weight of all that snow and ice push the continent further into the earths mantle and there actually was a lot more land there, its just now underwater.

There is the main Active volcano Mt. Erebus and some smaller thermal vents ect in places.
The US has there base nearby to the Erebus volcano.

If the lost city of Atlantis is in Antartica then is maybe there under a mile of ice on the edge of one of those frozen lakes under the snow. You could interpret the legend of the Lost city where it says that the city was lost under water....... Doest have to be that the water was liquid!!!

See article in link below

www.allvoices.com...
edit on 14-5-2013 by spooknevada1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

You also have to take into account post-glacial rebound.

Post-glacial rebound Wiki

The reason why a lot of these areas are below sea level currently is because the weight of the glaciers has forced the land down to that level. If the glaciers were to completely melt, those lands would begin to rise much like how the Nordic countries have been doing since the last ice age. Eventually, Antartica would come to look just like wrabbit's map of the area.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Yes, in the OP's 2nd set of pictures in this post here.

In the actual OP of this thread, those look like snow and ice covered hill/mountain areas, IMHO.

If there are ancient ruins in Antarctica, I don't think we're going to see them easily using things like RSOE or Google Earth maps at this time, as Antarctica has not lost enough ice for that. Not unless they were built on the tops of mountain peaks since the ice is anywhere from hundreds of feet thick to many thousands of feet thick. Only special ground penetrating radar would detect something if it's there.

I would speculate that if there is anything to find, it might be found around the coast lines if we use visible photos .
However, while my personal opinion is that we won't find anything there, that doesn't mean the OP and others should give up looking. I think it's great that people look and explore places. By doing so, a person is learning more about where we live, and if they do the research, more about what is there.

Food for the brain as it were, and I think that's wonderful.

Okay...an update for all my supporters of this insane theory. I just read this post (I've avoided this forum since I've been researching nearly obsessively...) and I have to say that your advice of true coastal regions...likelihood of towns and cities along the coasts...I also took into consideration that further flooding, erosion, and rising sea level is spot on...I am working these angles...I'm also comparing some interesting formations with known ancient ruins... Soon everything will be underwater.

I have to say that I was very discouraged to begin with...but now I have so much supporting evidence...even with the tools at hand...I have a strict set of criteria to classify an area as suspect.

The areas I've found to seem to have been manipulated...made perfect geological sense.

I will blow you all away...first post possibly tonight...I have so many areas of interest...I'll have to start with a stunner.

I also take into consideration the fact that some of the things I stumble upon may be a past expedition or base camp...I'm doing my best to take note of past and present expeditions that may leave physical evidence on the ground.

Manmade stone walls...outposts...strongholds...quarries...temples...roads...bridges...glyphs.

People have to be patient when zooming in...sometimes it takes up to eight minutes to clear up, granted the data is newer than 1998. Compass bearing and view adjustments can really make a difference...

Antarctica reminds me of Egypt/ Mongolia as far as the way that stone is used. Tibet in the way that paths, steps and stone altars are built into the mountain.

The real theory here is not that fact that their are ruins on an uninhabited continent...the theory I'm throwing out there is that humans pre-date the demise of the dinosaurs. 400 million yrs and older...that's a pretty crazy limb I'm climbing out on...I better get this right.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arolexion
what a stupid and pointless thread, i mean really you can't just claim that you discovered ancient cities in antartica just because you're seeing peak tops, and drawing all over them. like.. really...? If you're gonna claim such ridiculous claims, you're gonna have to go dig up the place and have ACTUAL SOLID EVIDENCE!

You're absolutely right...I am diligently researching a preparing evidence to present to you in a more educated manner. I really stepped in crap...but I have a lot of new, reasonable and organized areas of interest to present. I apologize for the faux pas.

Forgive me??? I'll make it up to all of you.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrus Magistus
Any cities that might have been are crushed under than much ice, flattened with the rest of the continental topography.
edit on 13-5-2013 by Syrus Magistus because: (no reason given)

So all those pointy mountain peaks and delicate ridges are just figments of my imagination??? Hmmm...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad Simian
reply to post by Hijinx

You also have to take into account post-glacial rebound.

Post-glacial rebound Wiki

The reason why a lot of these areas are below sea level currently is because the weight of the glaciers has forced the land down to that level. If the glaciers were to completely melt, those lands would begin to rise much like how the Nordic countries have been doing since the last ice age. Eventually, Antartica would come to look just like wrabbit's map of the area.

Thanks for that info...I'ts cool that you can see underwater in some areas with google earth.

Uggh...ancient ruins are found underwater all the time...they had ice on it at one time too...

The fact that a lot of the peaks of the mountain ranges aren't still tipped with snow tells me that there isn't much of a layer if snow and ice left and and many many more things will emerge...briefly perhaps!! In fact...you can see where ancient lush valleys may have been in the past...It would seem that it's getting warm enough for things to start growing. That doesn't happen at very high altitudes.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Kudos to you op, for sticking to your guns! I am anxious to see more of what you find, as I'm sure are many others. I hope you don't let the negative posters get to you, I think this is a wonderful thread. It seems like people have lost the curiousity, hope and drive that has always been a source of fuel in history that led us to many discoveries. Instead of even just allowing someone to TRY to look into something that very well could lead to new discoveries, more and more people have to jump in and instead tell you it's stupid, or a waste of time, etc. Comments like those, in my opinion, are a waste of time. Constructive criticism is one thing, but some people are just being disrespectful for the sake of being disrespectful and it is very sad.

Keep up the good work op!! I'm glad there are still SOME curious, driven people left on this planet, otherwise the future would be very bleak and hopeless. Thank you for your hard work!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Alright adventure junkies...I have done my homework (and then some) and brought you some intriguing anomolies. It would seem that Antarctica is chock full o' strange. So without further ado...here is some things that I found interesting.

[img]
[/UR L] [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/521/whitehouseantedited.jpg/]
[/URL ] [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/109/thepalaceantedited.jpg/]
[IMG]http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/819/handglypheastangleunedi.jpg[/IMG ] [IMG]http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/843/handglypheastangleedite.jpg[/IMG ] [IMG]http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/716/faceandtemplecrateruned.png[/IMG ]
[ /URL] [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/crocglyph.jpg/]
[/img]

Okay...the images arent' in order...so if you click on one and need some clarification...I have provided "edited" images (highlights) to compare them with...sorry it's not in order.

Tech savvy I am not.

edit on 23-5-2013 by AFewGoodWomen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
THe palace

[img]
[/i mg]

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Could be dragons...couldn't they???

< br />

edit on 23-5-2013 by AFewGoodWomen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
^ the microscopic thumbnails of uselessness ^

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I came for the vast and impressive city ruins in Antarctica.

I stayed for the lulz.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join