It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Binaural Beats-which ones has worked for you?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
S & F for an excellent question; I would always urge extreme caution in working on the spiritual mechanisms such as the 'Third Eye'... However, the use of brain entrainment techniques such as binaural beats for the advancement of your 'Dream Receptivity' is a worthwhile quest..

I intend to investigate alongside you - perhaps we shall cross paths in the land of Nod.

FITO.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Dang-diggidy-double-post...!!!

FITO.

edit on 21-5-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Make your own. Any audio editor with a tone generator can be used to make the individual left/right frequencies. These can then be mixed with virtually any stereo track. Nature sounds are good. This way you can tailor the frequencies to find what works for you. Give it a go. I use Audition but Audacity should do the job.
edit on 21-5-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I have tried the teleportation beat and it works great.. I went over to my friends house and when I f entered the house, I woke up the dog!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Isochronic beats work better for me than binaural beats.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
You need to find a good high quality binaural beats. I always use them before sleep, it helps me very much. Also they are very effective for learning (alpha waves for focus, concentration) One of the best youtube resources i found is Greenred Productions:
www.youtube.com...

I very often use this one for increasing happiness feeling: www.youtube.com...

Just remember that binaural beats needs headphones!
edit on 1-7-2016 by CherryMansata because: broken link

edit on 1-7-2016 by CherryMansata because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I have found that Isochronic tones do work better for me, and you can use ear buds instead of head phones if you like... I found this one today for overall mood and energy and feel like i have to share... just make sure you listen the full 30 minutes and focus on your breathing.

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Hi guys i made my own binaural beat. Its for those who find it really hard to switch of their brains. Its a pure beat from gamma to delta to help put you in a trance state of mind. check it out here www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane
Practice rational analytical thinking when you're awake instead. It will work much better. Lucid dreaming starts at the moment in your dream when you realize that what you're dreaming does not conform with how things work in reality (and make the conclusion that that is because you are dreaming; see the research into lucid dreaming for more details). If you practice that way of analyzing things in day to day experiences and with things people tell you about reality (anything you watch or listen to as well, constantly try to differentiate between fantasy/imagination and reality/truth whatever is being presented to you, more tips in the article in my signature), you start doing it in your dreams as well (twisted blurred versions of what occupies your mind during the time you are awake also tend to show up in your dreams). I've been having lucid dreams ever since I conquered my nightmares around 3-7 years old or so (by trying out different responses in my dreams in the final stages of that process of learning how to deal with them). It wasn't too long before I figured out how to change what I was dreaming about by focussing my mind on other thoughts and imaginations. Much later, in my thirties, I learned much better how to up my adrenaline level by making myself scared in my dream to wake myself up at any point in the dream where I didn't like where it was going, but be careful with that because it's a bit like thrill-seeking and you don't want to end up waking yourself up every few minutes just for the rush. When the first feelings of fear start emerging in a dream, you can either try to fight it (just don't run away from it, unless you like that feeling of being chased and the whole experience being dragged out longer with fear building up slowly), ignore or forget it with trying to focus on other ways of thinking or give into it and let it rush over you to the point you wake up (even enhance it once you become more familiar with the feeling and start tapping into it and controlling the level of fear or excitement, like you're in a rollercoaster; you can actually begin to feel the adrenaline rushing through your body, or at least that's the way I like to describe the feeling, don't know if that's the adrenaline pumping but I know it's the same feeling as in for example a rollercoaster, but more specific, I'm more alert to it and where exactly I feel it in my body or to what extent). I tend to embrace my fears and play with it, I don't fear my fears anymore
. So I guess I can't really call them fears anymore? I just say "rush" or "thrill" or call it the level of adrenaline pumping through my body.

At least those are my experiences with lucid dreaming. Watching the movie the Matrix might give you some cute ideas to play with to manipulate and create your own worlds or virtual realities in your dreams (shape what you're dreaming about). My thoughts still tend to be quite chaotic and I jump from one scenario to the next as soon as my thoughts get distracted and I start thinking about something else. I can never quite hold on long enough to finish a good storyline or imagination. And it gets harder and harder to hold on to a dream the closer I am to waking up, especially when I like something in the dream.

For me there was also another trigger that got my nightmares started when I was younger , a creepy picture in my room above my crib (later my bed), a really poor choice from my parents who probably saw no harm in that picture but it looked quite different in the dark then in the light (it was a picture of a baby in a crib, but it was a bit dark because it was night in the picture, and at night, you could mostly only see the lighter colors, one of which looked like a black&white cape hovering over a crib, like something evil or a vampire (outside black with a thin white lining on the inside if I remember correctly). If that's the last thing you're looking at for minutes or even longer before you fall asleep...
Then again, I might have never learned lucid dreaming without that beginning, followed by telling my parents the details of my nightmares and getting the right type of advice and then being confronted with the movie "Dreamscape" when I was 6-8. That movie really opened my mind to even more possibilities all of whom were still governed by a rational or analytical (scientific) way of thinking about dreams when I was awake. That movie also approaches the subject with a scientific angle (and a bit of fantasy as well, it was Sci-Fi after all).

Give the movie a try before you go to bed, at least if your mind isn't too occupied with other things during your awake time, it might help with triggering a lucid dream (the supposed scary things in the movie aren't all that scary anyway, too fake or primitive with the special effects, it's not like nightmare on elm street):

The movie itself also allows one to practice differentiating between what is the fantasy or imagination part (the Fi in Sci-Fi; the telekinesis, clairvoyance, 'entering' into someone else's dreams) and what is the reality regarding the possibilties with the manipulation of dreams (in your own mind if you focus, regarding your own dreams and lucid dreaming itself, which is a prerequisite for any conscious deliberate manipulation along with being aware that it's possible and 'practice makes perfect', as the expression goes, "proficient" would be a more accurate terminology, see 17:25 - 17:37 in the movie above).
edit on 17-9-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
The movie itself also allows one to practice differentiating between what is the fantasy or imagination part (the Fi in Sci-Fi; the telekinesis, clairvoyance, 'entering' into someone else's dreams) and what is the reality regarding the possibilties with the manipulation of dreams ...see 17:25 - 17:37...

I recommend that entire scene and the skeptical reaction of Dennis Quaid there starting around 16 minutes for that purpose of differentiating between what's really possible and what's not (or what's just fantasy/fiction). You may also wanna checkout what's mentioned at 43:48 concerning conquering your nightmares for anyone having issues with those or anyone who knows people with issues with those. My first step was turning around, no longer running away, I estimate that I was about 6 years old by then. I think it was before I saw the movie because my parents already told me to do so (or one of my brothers, cousins, can't remember). It also kickstarted my lucid dreaming and manipulation of my own dreams, not merely being an observant with subconscious reflexive reactions such as trying to get away from what scares ye and seeking help from family members, allthough I had become quite proficient at going down the stairs to my parents skipping more and more steps (from which I learned I could do special things in my dreams that I normally couldn't do when awake, which helped with lucid dreaming again, early on when I was sleeping in the attic I had to take 2 flights of stairs, which made me so proficient), my parents were usually still awake in the lving room in my dream, or I knew I had seen them last there before going to bed and sometimes I'd check their bedroom first and already knew they weren't there having to go another flight of stairs, my nightmares usually took place in our house or neighbourhood, where I spent most of my awake time. I still remember the 2 main nightmares I was having quite vividly in detail because I've had to tell them and analyze them with my parents and family members. One based on that picture I mentioned (starting with shaking curtains wherever I was sleeping in the house reminding me of the dark cloak I was perceiving in the picture and anouncing that whatever I was fearing would be arriving shortly through the windows, no matter if they were closed, behind the curtains, so actually through the curtains. The other one was in the neighbourhood during the daytime, a witch living in the "purple mountains" (different Dutch word for mountains which referred to a playground in the neighbourhood we often went to as kids with small hills, literal translation "purple humps", allthough in reality there were just called "humps", they either turned purple when the witch was beginning her activity or someone in the neighbourhood would tell me they had turned purple). That one always felt more as a quest (always daytime), but the witch had a nasty trick up her sleeves when trying to get away from her, traps in the form of catapults, the small types children make from wood, would appear on the ground and stepping in them would get your foot stuck in the V shaped part of the catapult, making it harder to get away (slowing you down or getting you completely bogged down with both feet stuck in them). Anyway, that one was sort of fun even if you did get stuck, it taught me how to fly in my dreams, just like the flying witch making sounds behind me. That might be the first one I started treating as a conquest (4-5 years old perhaps? I think I got the "witch" idea from the Donald Duck section that is about a witch, I think purple is a popular color in that comic book, perhaps something she's wearing). Yep, I remember correctly, she's wearing purple:
madam mikmak

Come to think of it, it might have also been someone in the neighbourhood telling me about "the purple witch near the humps" as sort of a dare to go there that kickstarted that quest/dream everytime in the dream (which usually resulting in running away as soon as the sounds got too scary because you got a little too close, as well as those nasty magical catapult traps on approach).

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Dr Jeffrey Thompson offers very affordable CDs and CD sets .
He uses isochronic tones instead of binaural beats so they don't require stereo headphones. Though I still listen to them with stereo headphones anyway.
I have alpha, alpha/ theta, theta, delta, epsilon and gamma brainwave entrainment tracks.
The epsilon I have a hard time getting all the way through because it slows brainwaves down into a deep deep sleep mode. I start to feel heavy after half an hour.
Theta is my favorite. It's dream state while awake and is relaxing without causing groggyness.

What have you been listening to or what programs are you interested in?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Marsupilami

It's not possible to listen to brainwave entrainment without it having an effect on your brainwaves.
Maybe it just wasn't the effect you were expecting. I'm sure your brain works just like everybody else's.
They change your brainwaves if you listen for as little as seven minutes but twenty is recommended for the best benefits.
Long term usage increases beneficial hormones that improve health.
They will reduced cortisol a stress hormone and will produce human growth hormone which a doctor will charge a few thousand dollars a shot for because it's the youth hormone. No it won't make you grow but it will make you look younger.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
Come to think of it, it might have also been someone in the neighbourhood telling me about "the purple witch near the humps" as sort of a dare to go there that kickstarted that quest/dream everytime in the dream (which usually resulting in running away as soon as the sounds got too scary because you got a little too close, as well as those nasty Y-shaped magical catapult traps on approach).

Well there were multiple versions and progressions of the dream as I was becoming more proficient with lucid dreaming. Most of it was based on arguing with the neighbourhood kids that they were letting their imagination run away with them about a purple witch turning the humps purple when they were supposed to be green in reality, grass is green, the humps were green; the witch should stop deceiving people and scaring kids in the neighbourhood with fake magic and illusions (and those catapults aren't really magical either, just pieces of wood with an annoying shape that traps one's feet and feels annoyingly awkward, slowing you down as if walking on the type of wooden stilts that I was terrible on in kindergarten). I would also argue with them that I was just dreaming, then setting out on a quest towards the humps to prove that point. Then doubt would set in and a constant conflict as to what was real and what was a dream or fantasy/imagination. From which I learned a lot concerning lucid dreaming. The feeling of doubt however is a tricky one, it can change experiences in dreams in an instant, unlike fear which builds up (for example during such a quest as you get closer to your target area, the humps, or reach a higher level when falling down, which usually reaches its peak level just as you hit the ground; often causing one to wake up or dream that one is woken up if one gets a bit more used to the feeling and it doesn't scare one as much anymore).

Lucid dreaming is a fascinating subject.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Well, writing those comments seemed to have triggered a higher frequency of lucid dreaming than usual last night (I also watched the movie again, nothing from the movie in my dreams though AFAIK). Something from the earlier link to the article in the Scientific American magazine about lucid dreaming:

Image-rehearsal therapy has gotten attention as a strategy to overcome nightmares. How does this technique work, and is it effective?

Different people mean different things by that. The details are different but the techniques are very similar—they all grow out of the observation that when people are having bad, repetitive post-traumatic nightmares, a certain proportion seem to move on to having some kind of mastery dream spontaneously. The same way the nightmares had been re-traumatizing them, the mastery dream seemed to carry over into helping them feel much safer and more healed in their daytime state.

[Therapists or researchers] have the person work out an alternate scenario they want the dream to take, where they might ask them to close their eyes and imagine and generally talk them through a kind of vivid enactment of it. Usually the person incorporates some degree of the rehearsed scenario at bedtime or listens to a tape where the therapist or researcher is recounting the alternate scenario.

Barry Krakow does this in a group format and gets statistically significant, positive outcomes. He gets a remarkably high number of people who don't report the mastery nightmare and yet their nightmares stop and/or their daytime anxiety gets much better. We can't know whether they had a mastery dream and don't recall it or if something else about that positive, soothing imagery as you're falling asleep—even if it does not carry over into the dream—carries over into decreasing the number of the nightmares or the daytime anxiety, heightened startle response and flashbacks. In the one-on-one clinical studies there seems to be a much higher rate of actually having the rather dramatic mastery dream.

That seems to be the advice that my parents used on me for my 2 main nightmares as a kid (the 2 I described). And I've done and kept doing it so well, that other than my thoughts being a bit chaotic at times and doubt being annoyingly instant (especially when flying or trying to take off for flight; getting stuck just below the top of a building and such, too much pc gametime where you can't climb to the top of the building during my awake time, 1 particular game), I pretty much have total control over my dreams. I wouldn't waste too much time on soothing music other than using it to help you sleep if it feels nice, I don't think it will enhance lucid dreaming or mastery over dreams, nightmares are the best, developing an analytical mind that likes to play 'facts vs fiction' is also very conducive, combine the 2+ the technique described above by the article when you're still young and you're well on your way (of course you can also do it when you're older, but it's easier when you're younger I think because of the learning capacity and abilities of young brains). There was no one experimenting with binaural beats or anything like it when I learned lucid dreaming. It was all due to what I described so far, thinking rationally about your dreams in short and considering the possibilities, including describing the dreams in detail as well as preferred alternate scenarios (or going through those in your mind, it becomes a real game before falling asleep as a kid, to the point that you become eager to have the dream and try out new ways to complete the quest). I still do it when watching movies, think of alternate scenarios, alternate solutions, alternate endings, alternate storylines. Especially fantasy and Sci-Fi, cause Hollywood could be a bit more creative with those. I remember thinking when watching Dreamscape for the first time, 'a nunchaku? Come on....is that all you've got?', the guy would have been a pile of dust from me merely looking at him angrily by that point in my life and dreams, just for being so lame with the nunchakus at 1:25:24).

Here's a youtube playlist that may help with developing an analytical brain and mind that focusses on telling facts/realities from fiction/fantasy/imagination (and thus dreams):

Real science, knowledge of realities compared to philosophies and stories

The piece of advice I got from my parents included going through any sign or clue in the 2 nightmares I had that it was a dream, that it was imagination/fantasy, that it didn't make sense thinking of it as being real (such as purple grass at the humps, or skipping so many steps when going down the stairs, cause at the end there I skipped them all, doing that in reality would have broken my legs jumping down that height in one go, when awake I would test and play with the stairs like that holding on to the armhandles seeing how many steps I could skip; I think I was already playing that game before the recurring nightmare perhaps, it also had influence on my dreamflying ability, I just remember that one time I was going to confront the cloaked figure that would approach from behind the curtains like a vampire by flying out the window myself, he fleed from me though, this time the tables were turned and I was the flying vampire, that must have been after the first time I turned around and clogged it in the face, it was a skeleton with red eyes that time, from an animated movie about the last unicorn and a red bull, which also had a skeleton with red eyes in it which was the scariest thing in that movie because there was a scene where his eyes turned really angry).

lol, don't watch the video below if you want to fly properly in your dreams (but that's the reason my flying skills are all screwed up sometimes, these types of games where you're continuously pulled down to the earth if you don't do anything and always coming just short for the top of the building, at least the way he's playing it). Best example shortly after 3 minutes:

Just watch superman fly. He knows how to fly properly and hover in mid air.
And parents? This guy is scary for a 2-3 year old:

Teach your kids something about dreams before you let them watch Sesame Street. Unless you like having your kid either wake you when you've already gone down to bed or come look you up in the living room again, so you have to put them back to bed again. And what do these people scaring little kids have with the color purple,(deformed) scary eyes and an old ugly appearance and general evil attitude and body language:

edit on 18-9-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Wanna learn teleportation away from black or dark cloaked figures that hover and are of no use to anyone (no loot at 2:32, only death):

The skeleton does look angry at 4:34 doesn't he? Perhaps because I clogged it in the face once. And of course, the evil wizzard-king has to be cloaked again...

edit on 18-9-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

myself.... the simple binaural beats of drum-bass are not enough to trigger the State-of-the-brain I seek...

I immerse my self in hours of Psy-Trance beats/'music'... and sometimes find a 4 0r more minute piece that transports me in a Alpha state for example.... other times I just get 'grounded' and removed from the world of nature & physics

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Honestly almost any drum beat (take the other rubbish out) in the 4 - 7 Hz range puts me in a certain mental state. I discovered this at a Pagan Workshop years ago. I meditate well, and don't trance very well... add that beat. I trance.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I've got something similar to this: Photosonix Nova Pro 100 Light & Sound Machine Sensory with Colortrack Glasses (it is on Amazon but I'm in the US).

I bought one years ago. In AK, during the summer, there would times when I would wake up at 4 AM and not be able to go back to sleep. I used mine for the sleep programs. An hour of more sleep does wonders! I tried a few other programs over the years but only break it out when I need more sleep.

The ability to track into the binaural beats is a wonder! The model I have allows you to tune your device. I go down to C most times. I just get tired of regular old E.

As far as lucid dreaming goes... sorry, didn't notice! I remember a few times lucid dreaming prior to getting one. I've definitely had them since but I cannot attribute that to using the device.

Since you started this thread, have you purchased anything? Any updates for us?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I no longer trust them, sorry. We believe what were told, and the majority of the time they're deliberate lies. I'd sooner take peyote and wander through a desert to find a cure for what ails me. I'd get actually get the results I was looking for to begin with rather than chasing empty dreams.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join