It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Binaural Beats-which ones has worked for you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I see on YT such a variety of binaural beats-some for opening the 3rd eye,some for pineal gland activation,some for treating depression and anxiety,and some for lucid dreaming.Its the ones for lucid dreaming i am most interested in-but first i must ask,has anyone here,who never dreamt lucidly before,benefited from binaurals to the extend that they Did start dreaming lucidly after regularly listening to the appropriate binaurals?
Which ones would you recommend,there's a vast array out there,and i do not have the time to sift laboriously through them all-i would really appreciate pointers to binaurals that has worked effectively for members here,in aiding lucid dreaming.
Kind regards
Rax.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I've tried the ones from I-Doser. I tried Astral Projection, which was pretty amazing; and Lucid Dreaming. Lucid dreaming binaural beats has worked for me but very few times. I have a problem that when I realize I am dreaming and become lucid, I get overly excited and wake up pretty fast.

But other than that, I feel like binaural beats from I-Doser does work (those are the only ones I've ever tried).

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Tried several kinds. None has had any effect. I can relax, but not more as if I would concentrate on relaxing without any sounds playing.
There are a few files for that I-Doser bull..., that are said to be super-effective, only for experienced users and only for the courageous (whatever these thigns mean). There was no effect whatsoever (other than a lot of money flowing from one pocket to the other, for some empty promises).
Experiment all you want, but when you're at the point that you'd have to pay money, screw the whole thing, it's nothing more than a scam.

The only thing that I would give a try are works of Robert Monroe, but these are ridiculously overpriced.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

A few years ago on ATS there was a member who created a number of binaural tracks,and the thread was getting a lot of positive feedback from ATSers.
I downloaded a couple of the tracks,but as I had no headphones at the time,and my computer since died I have never listened to them in the proper way(with headphones).
I wish I could remember the users name,or thread name.
If I do remeber,I shall report back here.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
iDoser is a scam, it's a rip off of another free, but harder to use, application.

BrainWave generator does the same job, free, and customisable. It should still be available somewhere, but it's old now.

Binaural beats are not as effective as people claim. They do change your mood, but no more than relaxing would with any good relaxation technique.

I've used them many times, as I dig the way it makes my head feel, but as soon as it stops, it's like the silence is more pronounced.

I cant use it to help sleep or meditate, but it dose zone you out for a while, a bit like having a nap and then waking up suddenly.

Only way to know is to try it yourself. Good headphones are essential.

iDoser.. lol.. and I've heard parents say it should be illegal coz it's getting their kids 'high'.. ahhah

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I used them in conjunction with suggestion and laser acupuncture to quit smoking
I was a difficult case in that regard...Its been almost 6 years
The binaural beats are pretty effective but you have to not be too lazy an focus on listening and have some intent towards generally relaxing..when relaxed then the mind focuses easier and suggestion can be easier to absorb and act upon...
I found that imbeding bin aural beats on pink or brown noise or a suggestion audio file seemed to work best.
( old versions of cooledit have an effect that does this very nicely )

As to specifics and combinations doing certain specific things I am not so sure...
I would recommend simple relaxation in combination with suggestion and repitition, and just train your brain to go where you want

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
So you want to Lucid Dream? I have a 30 minute LDing audio but it's MP3...I'm not sure how I can transfer the file to you...but there is another thing you can do that doesn't involve any binaural beats and I learned this technique in a book I'm reading at the moment and I was successful the first night. The book is called The Tibetan Yogas Of Dream And Sleep. I recommend this book to anyone who is interested in dreams/lucid dreams.

It is as follows: Through-out your day, practice the recognition of the dream-like nature of life until the same recognition begins to manifest in your dream. This is the basic idea of how it works, and let me tell you it worked for me.

When you wake up in the morning, think to yourself that you are awake in a dream. Go to the dream kitchen, pour dream milk into the dream coffee. The emphasis should be on you, the dreamer, more than the objects of your experience. The anger, anxiety, and all emotions that you feel bitter or sweet are all projections of your mind. The house you live in, the car you drive, EVERYTHING that you see and experience and taste and touch is none but projections of the mind. You have to feel it rather than telling yourself "I'm dreaming" all the time. When you recreate the lucid dream experience in "real life" the same state of mind will be triggered in your dream state and you will immediately become lucid. Get into the experience and something very profound will happen...I won't spoil it for you.

This practice not only helps you with lucid dreaming but it also changes the way one engages the world. When we think of experience as "only a dream" it is less "real" to us. It loses power over us, power that it only had because we gave it power. The practice works psychologically by altering the meaning that we project onto what is beyond conceptual meaning. As we view experience differently, we change our reaction to it, which changes the karmic remnants of actions and the root of dreaming changes.

I have been into LDing my entire life. Read all the books you can imagine, heard all the binaural beats out there on youtube but this method works the best for me. It's fun once you get into it. When I started the first day, I put all the effort I can into it and I was so relieved and excited that it actually worked and it can work for you.

If you have further questions please ask or U2U me. Cheers.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This is my all time favorite one from Youtube. After going through most of the meditation and binaural beat videos from other users this is the only one that seems to work for me to successfully take me "somewhere else."

Must be something about her specific voice, choice of words, and the soft auditory sounds that kind of sound like being in a vacuum she applies in the background at just the right times.

Note that not it may not be effective for everyone, but that you should search to find which one feels right with your own unique mindset and brain chemistry. OBOs, lucid dreaming, and Astral projections take practice to get better at successfully reaching that state of mind. Gotta find the right mindset that works for YOU. Also, I've heard it helps to keep a dream journal where you consciously jot down what you dream about immediately upon waking up to promote a stronger memory recall...or to take a nap in the middle of the day. It's different for everyone there really is no absolute proven method. Happy experimenting.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Binaural beats and isochronic tones do work. The problem is, most people don't know how to work with them. You don't throw the headphones on, and let your mind wander where ever it takes you. You do have to focus on something. Whether it be the beats themselves, or a word, phrase, or affirmation.

It takes a little practice to acclimate yourself to using them. Find yourself a good mid or low alpha track, and work with it a while. Later, you can move to theta and delta tracks.

Check out The Unexplainable Store. They have an LD track, but all that means, is the altered state it brings you to, is conducive to lucid dreaming. It doesn't actually induce them. That part is up to you.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Thank you Purple Vortex! That is a concept i Never would have thought of-i will definitely be getting back to you on that one before i log off tonight.Thanks again

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Marsupilami

Thank you Hades 84 and Marsupilami,but if I-doser costs anything,it won't work for me-i'm in South Africa,and because of something to do with the financial rules+regulations of our country,Paypal is not allowed from here-and i do not have any credit cards.I was rather thinking along the lines of free YT binaurals that were efficient+effective,for the reason that although i may scrape some funds for products you have to pay for-without Paypal+credit cards its a no-go for me.But i thank you for your suggestions anyway,it is appreciated.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Thank you SS,i will go back into the history of this forum too,and search when i have the time,maybe one of us find it

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Hiii winofiend(owner of the best avatars ever on ATS) yes i have found them useful,the normal YT ones,for putting me in a more relaxed sleepy state sometimes,but it has'nt done much else.I seem to have had a sort of spontaneous "pineal gland awakening" about 2 years ago,before i ever even tried binaurals,i guess what folks may call a third eye activation,but the effects does diminish with the stresses and difficulties,life gets in the way,i guess.Well maybe it's me that's distanced myself from the greater awareness i had there for quite a while,a strong connection with the metaphysical world.It's not all gone,i don't think it can ever really go completely-but too many base realworld issues has "blunted" me metaphysically+spiritually,lately,and i would very much like to get back to where i was,say,i+half years ago.Thanks for your reply,i appreciate it.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Thank you Dan,perhaps you're correct-the first step is just to relax,and not put pressure on myself,or have expectations,from which one can be dissappointed.I would'nt know how to do the other stuff you described anyway
Bless you Dan.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Thank you very much unb3k44n7,very kind of you
and i will certainly listen to this vid later tonight.Yes,i realise,it would most likely pretty much be an individual thing,everyone's mind is different-maybe i should have less urgency about it-and really just enjoy the experimenting!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Hi Purple,sent you a u2u,thanks again for your helpfulness

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The technique that I was suggesting to anyone who is interested in Lucid Dreaming or dreams in general are found in the pdf version of the book I have that I just found on google. How amazing.

Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep

This book is a gem. I highly recommend it.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Yes, gotta get rid of the urgency, it's counterproductive. The thing about meditating: experimenting with the promotion of astral projection and OBOs is that they are difficult to achieve when you are REALLY wanting to MAKE them happen. Eh, although that concept differs with lucid dreaming in that it may be beneficial to concentrate on the mindset of wanting it to occur in order to promote it. ieL before going to sleep straight out repeat to yourself that you want to be aware and in control of your dream when you fall into REM state. Delta state is when you are in a deep sleep where lucid dreaming does not occur, which is why I brought up taking naps in the middle of the day to achieve better chances at lucid dreaming, because your mind will be in a theta or perhaps starting to go into an alpha state during naps.

You must let go completely of your thoughts and body and just "let whatever happens happen." for other forms of meditation.

It takes a lot of practice to achieve letting go. Minds and bodies are usually pretty busy places for many.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I've been working with a track that's supposed to make me "Manifest Anything", and while that does seem unreasonably broad and difficult to define, I've been enjoying the weird effect it has on my eyes as I listen to it with my eyes closed. I will admit that it took lifting the mid-range a little and adjusting the stereo center to properly balance out the track (I have a small bit of hearing loss in one ear due to drum cymbal crashes on-stage for decades just to the right of me), but once I did, the impact was immediate and obvious. Not sure if it's caused me to manifest anything, but I do enjoy the eye wiggling thing it causes.

I'm thinking of getting the one for increased height, since that'd be a lot easier to verify, but I'm not financially prepared to completely replace my entire wardrobe right now - just in case it does work. Frankly, for most of these tracks the benefits do seem like they'd be really hard to verify regardless of how effective the technology works. Most are pretty subjective and subject to whatever you've convinced yourself of as being true.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is some different ones,just btw,not intended for lucid dreaming.The first one is said to have an anti-depressant effect.The 2nd one is beautiful and wonderfully soothing.

edit on 21-5-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2 >>

join