It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriarch Kirill pays historical visit to China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This is a conspiracy website (I think) so I read this story and it has got my conspiracy radar on high alert but I feel like I am missing something. Would love to hear what you guys think and anything you can add. Any ideas where this could lead? What was this really about?

On 10 May the leader of the Russian Orthodox Church was received by President Xi Jinping, leading to the creation of a new Moscow-Beijing axis

Patriarch Kirill pays historical visit to China

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The Vatican isn't super happy with the situation in China, where there is a secondary "Roman Catholic Church", which is cozy with the government and is not recognized by Rome, and the article (which isn't from the Vatican, despite the title Vatican Insider,) focuses on the visit by this guy with Joseph Ma Yinglin, who was excommunicated by the RCC for being ordained a Bishop without authorization from the Vatican, which is required.

Apart from driving a bit of a wedge between the Roman and Russian Orthodox churches, I don't know that it really means anything, and the use of the term "Moscow-Beijing axis" is a bit disingenuous.

edit on 13-5-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

new topics

join