It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bioluminescent Streetlights and more....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Ok didnt find this peticular topic in the FIRST page
so here goes...

Bioluminescence is cool right, yellyfish, fireflies, mushrooms, bacteria and more
use this for various reasons...Now some scientist wants US to use it to light up
the world we live in...

Link is from a "tabloid" newpaper in sweden and im so sorry
to say, it IS KNOWN to be feeding the articles with rubbish.
But ithink this article was rather nice to read.

Aftonbladet-Article

So the article is in swedish ill extract some text and translate:

Imagine a world where light bulbs have been replaced by bioluminescent plants. Where road lighting replaced with luminous trees. It can become a reality in the near future, according to researchers at Singularity University in Silicon Valley, USA.

Omg i didnt have to edit it...Just copy and paste..

Only problem i see is ... I want my bedroom really dark when i go to sleep...

And then teres this one:

The main ambition of the project is to put out manuals online so that everyone can create their own glowing plant. In a letter sent to the U.S. Department of Agriculture writes organizations Friends of the Earth and the ETC Group that the project will likely result in "extensive, random and uncontrolled 'use of" controversial and risky "technology, according to the New York Times.

well that wasnt a good tranlation but you get the picture...

"OMG we wont be able to charge money" yes yes i know its from some
greenpeace org or something, but they have agendas too you know..

And the last bit i really enjoyed:

If it will not be allowed to make in one country, just do it in another country, just as with stem cells. Otherwise, we go under ground, for this technology is getting cheaper and cheaper, while DNA technology is getting better and faster, says Omri Amirav-Drory

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Sure they can charge money...

They will just charge for bio-luminescent plant seed

and then Monsanto will patent a virulent strain of GMO bio-luminescent plant species
in all the available varieties and presto....a home-made cash cow of luminescence

Ahhh, how enlightening a few shots of whiskey can be....

Great OP and opinion BTW

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I like this idea. But as you say it wont be long before the likes of monsanto take control. They may be able to control the lifespan of the organism. So there are ways for corporate gluttony.
Nice find OP.

new topics

join