It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Chief Turns to Citizens During Ammo Shortage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Remember all the bullets the gov't said it wasn't buying up? Then in return Americans began to buy up guns and ammo at an alarming rate too. Well thanks to all the ammo purchases the police are now turning to their communities for help acquiring bullets!

Maybe they should ask the Social Security office for a crate or two?

www.northlandsnewscenter.com...

A nationwide ammunition shortage has police departments across the country counting their bullets. It's no different in Proctor, where the Chief says he was told he'd have to wait months, even a year to get more ammo.

"I was really surprised, let's just put it that way," said Chief Walt Wobig of the difficulty getting ammunition.

Woberg says that when he asked suppliers for the 1,000 rounds of ammo his officers needed for training, he was told he'd have to wait months.

"I go, 'Do you have 40–caliber qualification rounds?' And they go, 'Well, no. It's going to take six to eight months [to get them],'" said Wobig of a conversation with a manufacturer.

Months? Year?
Good lord! Good news is the people are supporting their police department and donating their bullets to which the Chief says he will gladly repay those who donated.

With the Proctor Police Department in need of ammunition, the Chief sent out a call asking for help. Who answered? The very people his officers are sworn to protect.

"The citizens were like, 'If you need something, we got plenty here,'" said Wobig.

A citizen and a Proctor police officer loaned their personal ammunition to the Department, a total of 1,500 rounds. The Chief says others were willing to help too.

"I had several other calls from other citizens that said, 'Hey, if you need more ammunition we have plenty,'" said Woberg, "I know that if I need ammunition I have citizens out there that will gladly come forward."

The Chief says he still has ammunition on order and will be repaying the citizens for their contributions when the department is able to.

edit on 12-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
ATTENTION! ATTENTION! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Due to local shortages of ammunition for our police departments nationwide, Martial law is in effect until further notice.

In all seriousness, I'm glad to read a story about law-abiding citizens helping out their local law enforcement. This is the kind of story that makes me believe there is still hope for this nation.

edit on 5/12/13 by SmoothRhythm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Ummmm....NO!!
It is not my fault my eyes have been open all along, let this be a lesson, what if the shortage was food or water and not ammo???
Plus, "police" are not "sheriffs", it seems sheriffs side with my 2A rights and many police chiefs are mouthpieces for the mayors who appoint them.
I will not give police my bullets so they may possibly oppress me.
Maybe the police and sheriffs should get together and "investigate" where all of this ammo is going and why??
An invading army won't have an ammo shortage, foreign or domestic.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Call me ignorant, but why is there a ammo shortage? This kinda boggles my mind. To think, that what takes no more than some of the most basic raw materials, a press, and a scale... can't be mass produced. Even to the point in which we don't have enough for police?

Um...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

Supply and demand is in a frenzy for ammunition. Have you seen the prices? There are two factors playing here. Gun toting americans don't want their past time taken away and sportsmen don't want to pay 100 bucks for a box of rounds. There is no shortage of ammunition, its just hyper inflated demand.

Self fulfilling prophesy in turbo mode for gun enthusiasts.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
What a sneaky, low down, dirty @ss way to get ammo out of the general publics hands. Understanding why people fell for this gimmick is beyond me. I see this trick every day at the freeway entrance, only the bums want money, and not bullets. With this method, the slaves are giving the masters the very bullet that may kill them. Those city officials are probably laughing it up at the country club at how easy it was to get people to willingly hand over their ammo.

dumb@sses.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Flag and tar. I like most have strong but mxed feelings.
It warms my heart to see the locals pitch in with some
personal overstock. Chief's heart may be in the right place too.
On the other hand ammo goes wherever you point it...
did the townfolk get a waiver saying "It's not for us?"

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by occrest

My buddy and I agree 100%, they're not short ammo, they will say they have no ammo, the public will donate their ammo, to get the ammo out of the general public's hands
Nice try tho
S for you

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Exactly. I doubt very highly there is an ammo shortage. The sheeple fall for it again.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Really guys? You don't believe there's an ammo shortage? The sheeple fall for it again? For realz?

Have you guys seen this ATS thread? It's just one thread of many discussing the ammo shortage.

Ammo Shortage, I Didn't Believe It, So I Checked...

new topics

top topics

join