It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't you just hate it....When you forget your password...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have too many passworded things. So I have a system.
Not too important - on computer in a file
Credit cards - hidden in code in my physical file box with the bills
Banking and taxes - hidden in safe
Safe combination - hidden in about 4 other places

I handle all the banking, and bills.
If anything ever causes my incapacitation, my husband will be so screwed trying to find it all

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I record all my passwords to a zip drive...sometimes 2 different ones.....with the site itself..."coded" in a code only I know (its extremely simple).

ie: like...."PapaBear10.2x" password.....for site "1sZZ0?>99.nM" MSM, ATS, AOL or similar websites

That way, Ive always got my pwords on zips....but if lost, forgotten or found by someone...no one would be able to figure out which sites they are for.

edit on 05/05/13 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 05/05/13 by mysterioustranger because: spelling

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Sorry! i just could'nt resist

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
PasswordSafe has saved me many a time. I finally reached password overload about a year ago, with all the different requirements and forced pwd changes at different times, etc. First, I used TrueCrypt to create an encrypted drive I could mount with just one password, and then I put a file on my encrypted drive with the pwds. Now I use PasswordSafe which saves a couple of steps. We also use it at work with different repositories for the different workgroups, which is where I learned about it.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I email myself a cryptic reminder of every password. I also use sentences or phrases because I find them easier to remember.

An example (not one of my passwords)

Smyleeing@u4ever

Smiling at you forever. The email I'll send to myself would say something like

Ats
aTnotmeinfinity

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I try not to forget my password. It's kind of important and I figure that if I forget it, I didn't deserve the account anyway. Otherwise, I would have made a point to remember it.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
you know... I have this drive with all the info, actually more than one (redundancy issues) and when I need something I just connect it to a laptop thats usually offline from the "main grid" for undisclosed purposes and go "aha" and disconnect it again.

But then again... I only use it for my friend's passwords - I usually know my own passwords - since my ats access isnt top priority, its a fairly simple password - actually its my first password since I was... 12 or something

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
i keep all my passwords in a book in my bookcase and on my phone encrypted . i have 2 passwords that do everything just different spellings and add a number its simple . how can anybody forget a password ??

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie
i keep all my passwords in a book in my bookcase and on my phone encrypted . i have 2 passwords that do everything just different spellings and add a number its simple . how can anybody forget a password ??

When you have forced pwd changes every 30 days on multiple systems, all with different rules and not allowing repeats of previously used pwds it gets unmanageable.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join