It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tower of..... Bible?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This will be a short post, but I thought it deserved its own topic. So directly to the point, the Tower of Babel is a euphemism for the bible itself and what it would eventually become.

Earth is the new Babylon and in the bible, Babel is the capital city of Babylon. In the story, the Babylonians tried to build a tower to the heavens, this makes god very unhappy, so he destroys the tower, spreads the people across the Earth, and confuses their language.

"Babel" literally means "a confusing medley of sounds". The bible is a book of words and words can be considered a "medley of sounds". The bible is also very confusing, which the 40,000+ denominations of Christianity attest to. There is no clear consensus on how the bible should be interpreted, hence it being confusing.

Like the tower, the bible supposedly "reaches to the heavens" and claims to be an intermediary between man and god. This couldn't be further from the truth, and in fact the bible was put together for the sole purpose of separating man from god by implying that we (collectively) are not god.

The gist of this thread is that Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc., etc. are making the same mistake as the Babylonians did by believing their holy books are actually holy at all and that they "reach to the heavens".

Do not be fooled by the sweet words contained within these books because they are spoken with forked tongues. They are tools of deception implemented and put together in order to blind you from the truth. In this world full of lies and deceit, those in power would never let the real truth spread which means the bible/koran/torah are not truth at all, but works of the great deceiver "Satan", a.k.a. man.

Thanks for reading.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This will be a short post, but I thought it deserved its own topic. So directly to the point, the Tower of Babel is a euphemism for the bible itself and what it would eventually become.

Earth is the new Babylon and in the bible, Babel is the capital city of Babylon. In the story, the Babylonians tried to build a tower to the heavens, this makes god very unhappy, so he destroys the tower, spreads the people across the Earth, and confuses their language.

"Babel" literally means "a confusing medley of sounds". The bible is a book of words and words can be considered a "medley of sounds". The bible is also very confusing, which the 40,000+ denominations of Christianity attest to. There is no clear consensus on how the bible should be interpreted, hence it being confusing.

Like the tower, the bible supposedly "reaches to the heavens" and claims to be an intermediary between man and god. This couldn't be further from the truth, and in fact the bible was put together for the sole purpose of separating man from god by implying that we (collectively) are not god.

The gist of this thread is that Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc., etc. are making the same mistake as the Babylonians did by believing their holy books are actually holy at all and that they "reach to the heavens".

Do not be fooled by the sweet words contained within these books because they are spoken with forked tongues. They are tools of deception implemented and put together in order to blind you from the truth. In this world full of lies and deceit, those in power would never let the real truth spread which means the bible/koran/torah are not truth at all, but works of the great deceiver "Satan", a.k.a. man.

Thanks for reading.

I'm a bit confused. Am I missing something, or are you using the Bible to discredit the Bible?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So this op is truth to you yet in order to come to these conclusions you actually had to learn from the elites to even be able come this.

Yet you state the truth could never be revealed.

So by this logic I would attest that nobody knows anything and has no business explaining anything to anyone because in the end no one can know the truth.

So all in all what are we doing on a discussion site?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

That's actually very easy to do, believe it or not, though I'm sure you won't see or accept it. It's kind of like reverse psychology (for lack of a better term), the bible calls itself out but at the same time implies that it isn't talking about itself, in this case at least.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

When did I say the truth could never be revealed?
The bible disproves itself in many cases, but that doesn't mean their isn't truth within it.

Within every lie, there is a seed of truth. The truth is the foundation, but lies are built on top of the foundation to hide that truth.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

When did I say the truth could never be revealed?
The bible disproves itself in many cases, but that doesn't mean their isn't truth within it.

Within every lie, there is a seed of truth. The truth is the foundation, but lies are built on top of the foundation to hide that truth.

6th paragraph.

People in power would never let the truth be revealed.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

They wouldn't let the truth "spread", and it hasn't. Big difference between those two words.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Bone75

edit on 12-5-2013 by Bone75 because: What's the point?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I assumed from other posts I've seen from you that you are Christian? Sorry if that's wrong. I saw your thread about atheists where you quoted from the bible and assumed.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Remember as a kid those books in the dentist office and even sometimes in school we'd get brain exercises like "Where's Waldo" and "What's Wrong with this Picture"?

We have those now as adults and even when we was kids. It's in movies shows games etc..

It's called find the references to god.

You learn this game and you'll realize he walks the Earth.

They ain't keeping nothing from anybody. They just ain't coming out and screaming it.

That's for him to do. Him and his queen will know when they are ready. She has a head start on him though.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

They're definitely keeping it from us, them not screaming it means they are.

Who is the queen you speak of?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Jesus does teach the path to heaven. This much is fact, because heaven is love.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

You need to find a
church and attend.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

Matthew 6
5 "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

Jesus wouldn't approve of that I don't think.

I attended church for 20+ years of my life, looking back now, I see how hypocritical it was.

Go out into the woods or a national park and look at the beauty around you. You are already in heaven my friend, though the artificial society and concrete jungles around you blind you to it.
edit on 12-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I agree, but his message has still been corrupted. Churches put all the emphasis on worshiping Jesus, not on love. That is the main problem with church and religion in general, they take all the emphasis off of self and put everything on an outside source. Salvation comes from within.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Is says also in the Word of God that
the knowledge of the Creators
presence and power can be seen
in what He has created.

Trouble is that in my personal experience
that worshipping what is created
gets in the way of worship of the Creator.

It is easy to get stuck in the woods
or in nature and get lost there, and not make
that connection from the
created to the Creator.

God formed our conscience, in His image and likness.
God's presence is felt, known, discovered there.
God created reality, stars, universe
Gods presence is known by that through science.

God seeks to be revealed to everyone through both SCIENCE and CONSCIENCE.
There is no escape from the knowledge of GOD,
and He will not accept the weak phoney excuse that:
"You never showed yourself to me while I was on earth!!"
edit on 12-5-2013 by slugger9787 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Who says the creator and creation are separate? Everything is connected and everything is one. "As above, so below."

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Definition of CONSCIENCE
1a : the sense or consciousness of the moral goodness or blameworthiness of one's own conduct, intentions, or character together with a feeling of obligation to do right or be good b : a faculty, power, or principle enjoining good acts c : the part of the superego in psychoanalysis that transmits commands and admonitions to the ego
2archaic : consciousness
3: conformity to what one considers to be correct, right, or morally good : conscientiousness
4: sensitive regard for fairness or justice : scruple
— con·science·less \-ləs\ adjective
— in all conscience or in conscience
: in all fairness
www.merriam-webster.com...

Consciousness is the quality or state of being aware of an external object or something within oneself.[1][2] It has been defined as: subjectivity, awareness, sentience, the ability to experience or to feel, wakefulness, having a sense of selfhood, and the executive control system of the mind.[3] Despite the difficulty in definition, many philosophers believe that there is a broadly shared underlying intuition about what consciousness is.[4] As Max Velmans and Susan Schneider wrote in The Blackwell Companion to Consciousness: "Anything that we are aware of at a given moment forms part of our consciousness, making conscious experience at once the most familiar and most mysterious aspect of our lives."[5]

Philosophers since the time of Descartes and Locke have struggled to comprehend the nature of consciousness and pin down its essential properties. Issues of concern in the philosophy of consciousness include whether the concept is fundamentally valid; whether consciousness can ever be explained mechanistically; whether non-human consciousness exists and if so how it can be recognized; how consciousness relates to language; whether consciousness can be understood in a way that does not require a dualistic distinction between mental and physical states or properties; and whether it may ever be possible for computers or robots to be conscious.

At one time consciousness was viewed with skepticism by many scientists, but in recent years it has become a significant topic of research in psychology and neuroscience. The primary focus is on understanding what it means biologically and psychologically for information to be present in consciousness—that is, on determining the neural and psychological correlates of consciousness. The majority of experimental studies assess consciousness by asking human subjects for a verbal report of their experiences (e.g., "tell me if you notice anything when I do this"). Issues of interest include phenomena such as subliminal perception, blindsight, denial of impairment, and altered states of consciousness produced by psychoactive drugs or spiritual or meditative techniques.

In medicine, consciousness is assessed by observing a patient's arousal and responsiveness, and can be seen as a continuum of states ranging from full alertness and comprehension, through disorientation, delirium, loss of meaningful communication, and finally loss of movement in response to painful stimuli.[6] Issues of practical concern include how the presence of consciousness can be assessed in severely ill, comatose, or anesthetized people, and how to treat conditions in which consciousness is impaired or disrupted.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

that is eastern pantheistic monotheism.
like the native american came from that area of the earth.
hindu buddah

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

If god created the world then we create the world collectively. Without your consciousness, the world would not exist from your perspective, so you literally create the world around you and hold it together.

Colossians 1
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

I'm not one to usually quote Paul, but he got this part absolutely right, even if he purposely misconstrued its meaning. We are the "Son" that he is talking about here, not just Jesus alone.

The image that we see is the "Son", we are the Son just as Jesus was, and the invisible qualities behind the image (within your head, on the opposite side of the image that you see) is the "invisible god", a.k.a. your spirit, the holy spirit that EVERYONE has.

Romans 1
20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

We are these "invisible qualities", and we are "clearly seen" by having sight. Though Paul is 100% right in this case, the writing contained around this verse intentionally misconstrue its true meaning. He built his lies on the foundation of truth, and that is how ALL religions work.
edit on 12-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join