Benghazi Filmmaker Still in Jail

page: 1

join

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

The first American jailed for blasphemy

The filmmaker of the video that was initially blamed for the attack on Benghazi is still in jail - for a probation violation!

After the initial outcry that the attack was based on the video, the authorities managed to pull this guy in for a probation violation - in other words - the only thing they could find and an excuse to appear to be taking action against a man who incited the riot that caused the death of Americans

Lo and behold, Nakoula was brought in for questioning by five Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies at midnight, eventually arrested and held without bond, and finally thrown into jail for a year. He sits in La Tuna Federal Correctional Institution in Texas, even as the deceptive spin that blamed his video for the Benghazi attack looks more egregious by the day.

Two things must be said about Nakoula upfront. One is that his video can barely be called a video. The thing is lowdown, low-rent and should be offensive not just to Muslims, but to all people of good will. The second is that he has a history of fraud. A few years ago, he was sentenced to nearly two years in jail on bank-fraud charges. Using a false name, Nakoula gulled actors into appearing in his video on the pretense that it was a desert epic.

He is not going to win any good-citizenship awards, and he violated the terms of his probation by using an alias (something Nakoula admits). A violation of probation, though, usually produces a court summons and doesn’t typically lead to more jail time unless it involves an offense that would be worth prosecuting in its own right under federal standards. Not for Nakoula.

This guy has been forgotten about by the MSM, but why is he still being held? Would releasing him mean capitulation by the administration? They really did think the story would just go away? what do you all think?

As a practical matter, though, everyone knows that Nakoula wouldn’t be in jail if he hadn’t produced a video crudely lampooning the prophet Muhammad.

www.sltrib.com...
edit on 12-5-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have to wonder if he isn't safer where he's at while this is blowing open far more than it did, even in the aftermath of it first happening? Headlines are hinting at more whistleblowers to come with more to say behind the first 3. This could really gain momentum ....and he's synonumus with all of it, whether anything was really his fault or not. I fear there may be ...less than stable... people on both sides of this thing who could fixate on him while it's burning hot.

I sincerely hope people wouldn't take anything that direction and given the true facts, it's crazy. Still? It's a crazy world we live in. His video redefined low class ...but without getting too specific for the discontent? So was using him as the excuse for things that happened. I almost feel for the guy.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You may be right about him being safer because it's an emotional topic at the moment and we all know hotheads can do stupid things. But, I don't think the administration expected this backlash - they thought they were home free so why keep him locked up until now? They could have very quietly released him through very legal means.

And I kind of think his protection is not on their agenda.
edit on 12-5-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
My guess is he's locked up because someone in the Government over dubbed Desert Warriors making it offensive to Muslims to deflect from what really happened. Patsy? Maybe he still has an original copy and won't give it up.

Then again maybe he just had a probation violation and is awaiting a court date. He may get time served and released or 20 years. Time will tell, as always.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by thesungod

Usually longer sentences are given for probation violations by violent offenders and other serious criminals.

I guess he wasn't lucky enough to get Lindsay Lohan's judge.

new topics

join