It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What brought you to ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

What brought you to ATS?
ATS was brought to me.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I was obsessively working on a novel for a few months that involved parapsychology, government surveillance, ancient secret societies, and an intelligent species of dinosaur that survived the extinction and remains in power on Earth.

All of this stuff, I thought of before doing much research online at all. Struggling for details, I started doing research and happened to find that there are people who really believe in all of this stuff. ATS became one of the more valuable resources.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
About ten years ago I started noticing that the things I was curious about kept bringing up the same handful of sites in Google search results. ATS was one of the sites that I kept ending up reading as a result of those searches. Over time I began to become familiar with the various sites and noticed that I had developed a tendency to search and then to scan the results for the one that would lead here. This place had the right mix of things I was looking for:

• It was moderated in a manner I liked. Enough to keep the brutal and childish trollery to a minimum - but not so much so that I'd have to wait a month just to see my "approved" post actually show up.
  • It was very active and real time interaction was possible. Other sights I saw could go days or weeks without a single new post showing up.
  • I liked the layout and the abundance of subject matter present. Some sights are very subject specific and limiting in that regard.
  • The community was welcoming and, for the most part very friendly.
  • I saw that the owners were actually involved in the site - and not just some parent company that sat back and collected checks without having a clue what was going on here.
  • The members here seemed to be intelligent - something we come to take for granted, but a very, very strong and powerful blessing we happen to have.

It didn't take long for me to learn. I found myself coming here first, before I even went to Google.

After awhile I took the dive and created a profile - and have been here ever since.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I am a huge conspiracy lover! i love hearing different conspiracies. i also love ufo stories, paranormal stories, and weird things found on earth(i.e. ancient pyramid found in antarctica etc etc...) but what really brought me here was when i googled alien conspiracies because i was obsessed at the time with weird space anomalies, and so i found this website, very cool website, and i ended up favoriting it because i wanted to come back everyday to see what new thread has been created. and that, my friend, is how i came to ats.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

the Aircraft's projects and weapons forum
not really someone that cares for conspiracies
edit on 12-5-2013 by bodrul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It is Starviego's fault that I am here ( not that he has a clue of that).
Like everyone else, I saw all the links when I was researching things online, and would read a little bit of ATS, to see what was said here on that particular subject.
Then, we had a strange shooting right in Huntsville, where I was living at the time. A perfectly normal-seeming professor suddenly shot up a room full of her co-workers (Amy Bishop case) , and it didn't seem to add up to me, especially after the first reports, and the ever changing story.
One of the posters on the different forums about Amy Bishop that I looked at was Starviego, and I liked what he was saying, and that it was making sense, and eventually, the searches took me to ATS again, and I became a regular lurker .
By Newtown, I was a fulltime reader here, and when Dorner came along, I could resist joining no longer (still took a little while to actually make the membership real).....and it was Twilight Zone "Love Ever After" for me. ...... This is my go-to place for any news that comes along, and I am even getting into posting my own thoughts on occasion.
edit on 12-5-2013 by tumbleweed45 because: Grammar

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I was brought up on a healthy diet of Conspiracy and State Terror;

Bloody Sunday, State collusion with terrorists, Gerrymandering, militarised police, martial law, punishment shootings/beatings, guerrilla warfare, hunger strikes, false imprisonment, lies and deception.

My Dad was fascinated by the Kennedy assasination and the moonlandings, so so was I...

When 9/11 happened, I watched it live on CNN...my fiance was working on an airbus that was coming into London, and was the last plane allowed to land after the incident. That event and what happened afterwards has haunted me ever since. Everyone seemed to be taking what Politicians said as truth, without questioning the obvious lies they were spouting...

In 2006 I got broadband internet for the first time and got into a discussion with m'lady who insisted that there was no such thing as aliens. I connected the PC to the telly and the youtube doom pron journey began...

Within 2 weeks she was terrified that Reptillian Aliens were controling the world.

She was hooked, but her journey would not end well...

We started looking things up for ourselves. did the david icke/alex jones thing,

When I found ats, I looked no further, I felt like I had come home, strangely...

ATS was and is like a treasure trove of experiences and opinions,

I almost signed up straight away, but was held back...

I read and read for 2 years or so before joining.

When I joined, I was overwhelmed. It looked totally different!

That took a while to get used to and stopped me posting for a time.

I have never been on any other dissccussion boards, nor have I felt the desire to.

I love the format of the site and the intellegence of the membership here.

I love the diversity of subject matter.

I love the strict but fluid moderation and the fact that manners and politeness are paramount.

I love the Avatar system and the personallity of the posters that it conveys.

I came for the Conspiracy, but stay because of the people who post here

I love all of you.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

My search for UFO pics or descriptions that were similar to something I experienced in the 1980s was the first thing that led me to a link to ATS. After that I was searching for obscure prophecy and was once again led here. Next thing you know every strange topic I researched always seemed to lead me eventually to ATS so I started exploring the forums and ended up deciding to stay. There really is something for everyone here and a topic for every one of my ever changing moods- along with people to match. It's just like a family barbecue around here!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
moon conspiricys, nazis on the moon, bigfoot,ghosts, politics, almost everything really, shame i cant find most of those threads i enjoyed reading anymore

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I always loved anything that involved researching the unusual. When I was around 9 I started listening to Art Bell's show, and a few years later when I was around 13/14 I remember him mentioning the website on one of his shows, so I checked it out and was hooked
11 years later and I still love it.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I was searching for travel forums and found ATS in google...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I came here for the

and
Variety.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Wow, I can't really remember. I know I was in the Navy and I remember registering on the computer in my workspace on the ship. I think I found it searching for conspiracy stuff, I know I'd just read The Alien Agenda by Jim Marrs, maybe I searched him and found ATS, that's probably what happened.

It's weird that I can remember registering, but I don't remember how I got here in the first place.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Mine is a long story

My mother was always trying to show me her gratitude for taking care of her (not necessary

but her way) So I ended up with a brand new lap top for my birthday, and being no 'spring

chicken' I took some 'silver surfer' computer lessons
and that was an education if

ever there was one
I have a logical mind and need to know how things 'work' I

couldn't get my head around this new (to me) technology .... so there I was, knew how to

send e.mails ...now what?
I said to my daughter!! She told me 'google' anything and

you will be surprised to see what comes up ...

So I googled a 'name' of someone which took me to a message board, I was surprised

at a reply to the message!!! So I googled the name of the replier to the post and ...Hey presto

pages of links
I clicked on one (a German forum) came up and one of the posters was

an ATS member asking for any information about this person, and leaving his e.mail

address and a link to a particular ATS thread ... So I clicked onto the thread and read.

To say I was astounded at the lies and claims being made is a vast understatement!!

Being IT impaired I e.mailed the ATS poster from the German forum and I told him I had

facts, documents and information which would prove that the claims made on the ATS

thread were a HOAX. He started putting out the information I gave him on the thread

and this brought out all the trolls, sock puppets (actually the same one
:lol
and obscene

language in an effort to derail or close the thread

BUT YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH THE TRUTH AND FACTS

That's how I came to be on ATS ... have picked up much, still have much to learn have only

recently learned how to bold and underline and link!
Still can't post pictures

and youtube videos

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join