It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What brought you to ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I lived in the back country, little town where my gaduating class had less than 100 folks.

I had a problem believing a lot of the things I would read or hear in the news, always knowing there had to be more to the s that was the mid 90s.

In 99 I joined the military, a naive 20 year old kid. I did and saw things I never thought I would over the next 6 years, including buying my first comp in 2000 and jumping on the internet bandwagon of that time.

That's when I started to see and experience things that did fit the official story, a couple of times I was there myself and knew it was a flat out lie.

So began my search for the truth, in about 06 I found a couple of links here, and dismissed them outright, because a link called" abovetopsecret.com" must be BS of the highest order.

Finally I read one in about 08 as I kept stumbling across them, I have 99percent reading comprehension and retention ( tested and verified) so they kept popping up and I kept it filed away, one I just thought, this place has all these links to things I keep looking for, maybe I should check one out.

So I did, then another and another....... a couple years later I was visiting several times a week, and finally just made the plunge and joined.

I am like winofiend and mostly jaded now vs my youth, but still thirst for ever more knowledge about the universe as a whole, so I come I read, I bitch I moan, I fight I argue, I add content where I find useful info, it is like a giant litterary fight club, with no info barred, or beyond reproach.

I love this place, and have come, with stolen wifi at times, or even a crap smart phone I bought at the pawn shop for 50 bucks, ups downs, nothing stops me from coming and feeding my thirst for more knowledge.

Great thread op SnF.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I joined ATS because the judge said I either sign up or spend 6 months in jail . . . er, um wait. No, not quite right.

I joined ATS because of the hot babes, cool tunes, and awesome car-. . . . . ummm, nope. Not this either.

I joined ATS because on another site/e-magazine where I was writing the same things I'm writing here, I had used my real name and had my email at the bottom of every article I wrote. You've seen the typical blurbs.

Beezzer Freemley is an author, a member of the Carrot Brigade, and enjoys jello pudding and saving coupons for cabbage. You can reach Beezzer at [email protected]

And I started getting death threats. Lots of them. Where they stopped being amusing. And my little bride said I had a choice. I could either toss my computer, or start opining using an alias.

And there you have it. I've gone through several incarnations on different sites. I got banned by many. Ironically, I have a lifetime ban from Sean Hannity. (he has no sense of humour)

But I have made a wee home here, as beezzer, on ATS.

Cheers!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Lol beez, I also joined for the hot babes, but didn't want to say so, I was afraid it would be too forward and scare destiny1, drucilla, and manhater off.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Sorry beez the hot babes went south when I signed up.

Luckily better looking guys rocked up later and some of them came back (think I just dug myself out of that potential hole)

Cody

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I joined because I somehow came across Area 51 when I was about 14... I think I originally joined to find out what's going on there, then I lost my email and the account, and 6 years later I'm back but I'm here now to find out about aircraft projects (I'm an engineering student)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
i joined because i am a skeptic on most things . i lurked here for years reading members posts then one day i just signed up . i enjoy the banter on ats but some people take it way too serious

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I am going to repeat what I have said in another thread; my reasons for joining ATS.

A few days before I joined ATS my only sister passed away of natural causes. She is a precious soul and I miss her very much.

I joined ATS because I was looking for something interesting to do; to distract myself from the pain, misery, and grieving that I was going through.

I was staying home a lot; dealing with my sadness. I wanted to do something constructive and keep my mind occupied.

ATS has been wonderful therapy for me. I have learned, laughed, cried, been grouchy, loved, liked and disliked.

People on here have been very good to me; this includes the owners, members and moderators.

It is such a wonderful freedom to come to this website and communicate on many, many topics in a way that I can't with some people in my life. They think I am nutty for not believing everything I am told by the MSM; actually I pity them for not wanting to wake up and hear the truth!

Thank you everyone for being here and challenging me to think outside of the box; to question all and to keep growing and learning.

I am very grateful!

Blessings to all,
Caladonea

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I can't remember what I was looking into. But I was drunk one night and came across ATS while digging through the Internet.

It took me about 2 minutes to realize that this place was awesome. I immediately created a profile and have been here every day since. I started out kind of slow but it seems the longer I am here the more active I become.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Researching the paranormal, stumbled across ATS and immediately joined. I don't do the lurker thing, have to share my opinion whether anyone else wants to hear it or not.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It seems that all members of this site "stumbled across" it by accident while trying to do something else.

ATS, the Venus fly-trap of the cyber world....

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Like many other contributors, I stumbled across ATS, whilst looking for something else.

And like any Internet forum, there are some very intelligent, thinking, people on here, though sometimes I'm frankly amazed at what some people are prepared to believe in.( As is their right, of course.)

Amidst a lot of dross, hype and speculation, there are some real gems, and they alone make it worthwhile.

I do get annoyed when people can't be civil, in disagreement, but I suppose that is to be expected from some people, when they're protected by anonymity....

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I stumbled across Ats about 11 months ago when one of my co-workers left one of his browsers open. I read it like : "Reptile humans"?

So I read the Internets entire database on the topic in an hour, I thought that was all Ats was. Thought it was silly but intriguing.

Unfortunately I came back a couple months later when I clicked on something that lead me to cymatics, and my view on this world has never been the same. The conspiracy never ends. The conspiracy never ends. The conspiracy never ends.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I hope the OP doesn't think this is wandering too much, but as I read the new additions to the thread and the sheer variety and wildly diverse answers? The season 1 intro to one of my favorite TV series springs to mind.

I can't help but think that someone with more experience and skill than I possess could really make something ATS themed and neat from the first 45 seconds or so of that. It fits in so many ways ...if just a hair off being right for context, of course. Above Top Secret is no space station, but some days? It may as well be for the extremes of different folks, all coming together for as many different personal reasons as there are people to share them.

* Just pay no mind to how the series intro changes by season 5.. That would be the direction we all help avoid. lol

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
9/11 being bungled woke me up I don't just surf ats I surf many conspiracy sites so I would say finding ats back then was inevitable.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I was looking for new cases on UFOs when I stumbled upon this site, still didn't know how to operate this site, but found my way around. But, what made me sign up was only one thread and it matched an awake linear vision I was shown, so I read for 10 months before signing up and commenting.

I stuck with this one thread for 2 years only. Learned a lot about many things in that thread, but nothing came true, either it or my vision...Yet! And I have always kept my eye on Biblical Prophecy and have learned so much on this too while being here.

Lately though, I'm coming less and less. *shrugs*

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Like so many others I cannot specifically recall what subject first brought me here. I am addicted to research and ATS just kept popping up no matter how unrelated my searches were. Cipher breaking systems, molecular resonance and philosophy were a few of the original topics I was interested in but I found myself coming back again and again drawn I think to the level of discourse and the openness with which many here are willing to share their points of view.

I have to admit, I was a lurker for many months before I joined. I am an extremely shy person in life and was a little intimidated, but the encouragement and support from the more seasoned members has been astounding.

Thank you ATS

Penny

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Very nice write up and coming from such a small town I can totally understand where you're coming from...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Add away my friend... This thread is for any and everything, so I say have at it!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer, I'm pretty confident that the house you built here at ATS is sitting on Mansion Lane with guys like Phage, Slayer, etc... hahaha

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer, I'm pretty confident that the house you built here at ATS is sitting on Mansion Lane with guys like Phage, Slayer, etc... hahaha

Yeah, but they still make me do the laundry and buy the beer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join